• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Really looking forward to my first away game of the season. Where are the best places to go for a swift half before the game?

Take your pick, Sheffield is a fantastic beer town. Some quality real ale establishments in the city centre.

Just booked my ticket online as I couldn't get through on the phone. Surprised that they only charged £2 for posting as I thought all away tickets were sent by recorded delivery.
This game is away to the biggest team in our league and we should ensure a massive away following to show them who the real SUFC are!

Match tickets bought, seat on the 0958 out of St Pancras sorted. REALLY looking forward to this one.

Anyone got a heads up on the parking for this stadium?

The section below is from the Sheffield United website - can anyone say if the tram option (and parking somewhere along the tram line further away) is a good choice?

By Tram
The ground is approximately a 10 minute walk from Granville Road (Sheffield College) Tram Stop.
This stop is served by the Blue and Purple routes from the city centre bound for Halfway and Herdings Park respectively.

By the ground is a nightmare so avoid that as takes ages to get out so best off parking further away and having a longer walk!

Old man has sorted the tickets ! Can't wait. This one was the one fixture I was looking out for on fixture list day. An old proper stadium and one that I've not done before , so all helps as I think I'm now in to my 80's in respect of grounds ...

The section below is from the Sheffield United website - can anyone say if the tram option (and parking somewhere along the tram line further away) is a good choice?

By Tram
The ground is approximately a 10 minute walk from Granville Road (Sheffield College) Tram Stop.
This stop is served by the Blue and Purple routes from the city centre bound for Halfway and Herdings Park respectively.

Wouldn't bother with the tram to be honest. You can park closer than the nearest tram stop.

If it was me I'd park in the city centre. It's not particularly cheap (probably about £10), but it's not too bad to get away from and the ground is 10 mins away and the pubs in the city are great. Parking close to Bramall Lane will be a bit of a nightmare. There'll be street parking but wouldn't know where to start and that area is a mess of one ways, complex junctions and tight terraced streets. Getting away on the ring road would be a pain in the arse.

If you're desperate for street parking, then I'd do this:

Come off the M1 at Chesterfield (cut out some of the annoying 50mph works). Come into Sheffield from the south via the A61.

Follow the A61 into sheffield and at Woodseats turn left down Woodseats Road to get through to Abbeydale Road (A major arterial road into Sheffield, runs parallel to the A61). I'd then park somewhere like Vincent Road (or closer), where Abbeydale Road turns into the London Road. There are some places to drink around here (the Picture House Social is decent, or the Cremorne on London Road, or if you have time there a large and good spoons on Ecclesall Road by Waitrose). From Vincent Road you're a 15 min walk to the ground and you can just go back down to Chesterfield to get away.

I don't know this side of town particularly well so use this advice at your own risk!

By the ground is a nightmare so avoid that as takes ages to get out so best off parking further away and having a longer walk!

yeah definitely, you want to avoid the main roundabout on the ringroad really.

you heading to the game Kev?

I was planning to park at Meadowhall, have some lunch there then get a tram to the town for the game, tram back and drive home. Anyone see a problem with this?

Getting our tickets this week at some stage, courtesy of a friend getting them, how many do u reckon we will take up there, I reckon somewhere around 700-800 would be a decent effort.

Getting our tickets this week at some stage, courtesy of a friend getting them, how many do u reckon we will take up there, I reckon somewhere around 700-800 would be a decent effort.

Be surprised if it's under 1,000. Every Southend fan I know put a big circle round this one when the fixtures came out in June.

Just been mentioned on BBC Essex that if Sheffield Utd get injuries today - they could apply to have game postponed. Have 3 players on international duty next week.

yeah definitely, you want to avoid the main roundabout on the ringroad really.

you heading to the game Kev?

Yes! First away game this season! Been a bit busy for away games but had this in the diary for a while as booked the day off on annual leave!

Back