• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Just been mentioned on BBC Essex that if Sheffield Utd get injuries today - they could apply to have game postponed. Have 3 players on international duty next week.

It had better not be off. I've booked my hotel and my ticket.

Just been mentioned on BBC Essex that if Sheffield Utd get injuries today - they could apply to have game postponed. Have 3 players on international duty next week.

From the Sheff Utd website re match report v Worcester today: "Adams limped out of the action just after the half hour mark ........"

I'm leaving my hotel and tickets booking for a day or so yet:unsure:

Since when could you apply to have a game postponed because of injuries?!

Didn't Middlesbrough try that once in the Premier League at Blackburn and got deducted points for not fulfilling the fixture?

we stayed in Sheffield town centre last year and walked to the ground so not far, but parking was very expensive around town, didnt seem to be too much parking around ground so may need a little hike to get there

From Football Ground Guide:

From The South:

Leave M1 at Junction 33 and take the A630 into Sheffield City Centre. On reaching the inner ring road follow signs for A621 Bakewell, the ground is about a 1/4 of a mile the other side of the city centre. It is located on the A621 (Bramall Lane). Street Parking.

Alternatively, if you want to avoid Sheffield City Centre, then you may find it easier to park at Meadowhall Railway Station, near to the well known Shopping Centre (unless of course it is in the run up to Christmas or the January sales, when the shopping centre is very busy), just by Junction 34 of the M1, where you can park for free. You can then take a yellow tram to the City Centre and then walk to the ground. The tram journey time is around 20 minutes and costs £4 return. Mark Needham adds; 'it's worth noting that if you are coming up from the South, that you can leave the M1 at Junction 29 (Chesterfield) and follow signs for Sheffield A61. This is particularly useful if the M1 is slow around J30, as it often is!'

Post Code for SAT NAV: S2 4SU

They picked up 3 injuries (according to the Sheffield Telegraph) Che Adams / Chris Basham & Paul Coutts. They all look unlikey to face Fleetwood in Tuesday in the JPT, didnt mention anything about our game at this stage though.

With our current injuries do you think Phil and co would want this called off?

More worried about the way we are playing after the game I saw on Saturday - we were back to playing "division 4" style football with players that couldn't hold the ball, we couldn't string a series of passes together and it was all industry and no style.

Sheffield United aren't doing so well themselves at the moment so I think it will be more a question of which team pulls themselves out of the current stupor and performs at an adequate level.

More worried about the way we are playing after the game I saw on Saturday - we were back to playing "division 4" style football with players that couldn't hold the ball, we couldn't string a series of passes together and it was all industry and no style.

Sheffield United aren't doing so well themselves at the moment so I think it will be more a question of which team pulls themselves out of the current stupor and performs at an adequate level.

Yes I agree. I guess they have the bigger squad and better players to cope. If we have to start Atkinson then we are in trouble. No disrespect to him but he really isn't league 1 material, hence Bradford getting rid of him.

They picked up 3 injuries (according to the Sheffield Telegraph) Che Adams / Chris Basham & Paul Coutts. They all look unlikey to face Fleetwood in Tuesday in the JPT, didnt mention anything about our game at this stage though.

I can't believe that you can postpone a game due to injuries, certainly never heard of a precedent and as someone said Middlesborough had points deducted for trying it on in the past.

It will not be postponed due to injuries , if it is postponed it will be because of the international call ups.
Middlesbro' is not a precedent because it had nothing to do with an international weekend, in which the game would not have played anyway.

It will not be postponed due to injuries , if it is postponed it will be because of the international call ups.
Middlesbro' is not a precedent because it had nothing to do with an international weekend, in which the game would not have played anyway.
The international squads have been out for days, it would have been postponed by now if down to international call ups. Which surely means it will be going ahead if that it is the only player related reason it can be called off.

Think the deadline for calling off game for international call ups was saturday.

Kelham Island Tavern is more convenient for Wednesday, rather than United.

Here are some great pubs within about 15 mins of Bramall Lane. All in the city centre:

- Rutland Arms (probably where I'll go, near the station and 10 mins from the ground)
- The Red Lion
- The Devonshire Cat
- The Bath Hotel
- The Red Deer

If you want places for after the game that are a bit more lively, the Division Street is a good place to head:
- The Old House
- The Great Gatsby
- The Hop

If you get off the train at say 12, then I'd go to the Sheffield Tap at the station, The Rutland Arms across the road past The Showroom, and then The Red Lion, before a 10 min walk to the ground.

Fantastic pubs in Sheffield - the city is renown for it's real ales. :thumbsup:

If you want excellent beer the Kelham Island Tavern is about as good as it gets.

Pale Rider, Easy Rider and Riders on The Storm are all good beers amongst many others.

But you're from Yorkshire; you should know that !

I'm not from Yorkshire! Please cease and desist that libel. I merely happened to live there for a bit around the time I signed up for SZ.

Kelham Island brewery is an excellent brewery though.

Kelham Island Tavern is more convenient for Wednesday, rather than United.

Here are some great pubs within about 15 mins of Bramall Lane. All in the city centre:

- Rutland Arms (probably where I'll go, near the station and 10 mins from the ground)
- The Red Lion
- The Devonshire Cat
- The Bath Hotel
- The Red Deer

If you want places for after the game that are a bit more lively, the Division Street is a good place to head:
- The Old House
- The Great Gatsby
- The Hop

If you get off the train at say 12, then I'd go to the Sheffield Tap at the station, The Rutland Arms across the road past The Showroom, and then The Red Lion, before a 10 min walk to the ground.

I'm getting off the train at 1145 Pubey. Any suggestions for those spare 15 minutes?

Seriously though, great work here - will be following this itinerary for sure :thumbsup:

Back