• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

simac21

Coach
I know it isn't till November 14th but im sure like most of you this game is one of the ones I was looking forward to going to when fixtures were released as have never been Bramell Lane.

My question is, is there any chance of this game being moved? due to international weekend!
England play Friday 13th
Sheffield United might have enough internationals to cancel the game when would they let us know?

Basically asking because we want to book train tickets and don't want to if game gets moved like Coventry

If the other home nation's are also playing that weekend then it will probably be cancelled as was their game v col u last weekend ��

That said, the internationals they had last week were Eng U20 and Eng U19, neither of whom are scheduled to have a game that weekend (according to the FA website). We might be OK.

Thing is I don't think a club can apply for a postponement until the international squads are announced so we're not going to know until maybe 10 days ahead of time.

If the other home nation's are also playing that weekend then it will probably be cancelled as was their game v col u last weekend ��

It definitely won't be cancelled.
Iit might have to be played later in the season.

David Edgar (Canada), Callum McFadzean (Scotland U21s), Adams (England U20s) and Louis Reed (England U19s) were the players called up for internationals to get Col U game called off.

The rule is if you have 3 players called up you can call game off.

All depends now on if its just full international or if youngsters have games too

Hope this ain't called off, really fancy going there and I'm not going on a Tuesday night in February or something.

Last edited:
Had earmarked this as my one away (North) of the season unless we need anything at the end of the year so but gutted about this.

My Sheff Utd supporting colleague said that they have a huge injury situation at the moment and that's the main reason they chose to have the Col Ewe game postponed. Hopefully it will have eased a bit by November. Edgar will certainly be missing as Canada have qualified for the next stage of the CONCACAF World Cup qualifying competition. McFadzean will more than likely be in action for the Scotland U21s v Ukraine, so really it's just Louis Reed and Che Adams (two of their best players) there are doubts around, depending on whether the Eng yoof teams have a fixture or not.

I didn't realise there was a possibility of it being postponed when I booked my Yorkshire hotel for the night so I could stay over and travel back on Sunday! Let's hope it is still on then.

Quick Google search - cannot see any news re England U20 and U19 fixtures.

The Sheff Utd fixture is important to us fans, many are planning things around it. Add me to that list, planning to meet No. 1 son at Sheffield railway station (him travelling from Newcastle), watch the game, travel up to Huddersfield where we will meet No. 2 son, have a meal and a few beers, stay in Huddersfield that eve, have a trip out together on the Sunday and then all make our way back to our respective homes.

A club that cares for its fans should do some digging to find out the actual position and communicate it. Here's hoping ........:unsure:

Same here. Plan to pick daughter up from Nottingham uni on way up. Enjoy winning 3 points and then back down M1 to hotel (already booked) near uni. Looking foward to seeing how Bramall Lane has changed since the 80s !

Interesting that some of you guys are arranging matches around seeing their kids, that are at uni. My lad is currently looking at uni's to attend and he keeps mentioning things like..."don't worry, Fleetwood & Blackpool away isn't far from Lancaster, dad"..."don't worry, Sheff Utd & Doncaster away aren't far from York, dad"...etc. That's my boy ! :thumbsup:

Back