• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Why would Mooney be on more than Wordsworth? Mooney was playing for a league one side and Wordsworth came from a Championship club.

We never paid those sorts of figures in the Championship, admittedly its a decade on but 4k for a player doesnt sound likely in League One. That said Im sure Hunt is our top earner whatever he is on.

Forwards normally cost more in wages !

Hunt would not have signed unless his package was relative to his standing in the game,200/250k per year for his type of player is damn cheap.

Mooney would not have signed his 2 year deal unless the package was good for him,300k for his contract is again not expensive.

Wordy ditto above.

2015 and no player signs for pennies,that is football.

So Hunt has gone from a injury prone wreck who cant score to a player who can command massive wages. Hmmn.

Hunt got to choose between whatever we paid him and zero. He will be on decent money, but he couldnt command Championship level wages and we wouldn't pay them.

If he was on 3k a week it still wouldn't be peanuts.

So Hunt has gone from a injury prone wreck who cant score to a player who can command massive wages. Hmmn.

Hunt got to choose between whatever we paid him and zero. He will be on decent money, but he couldnt command Championship level wages and we wouldn't pay them.

He also got a contract and security over two seasons.

If he was on 3k a week it still wouldn't be peanuts.

Hunt was on 450k at Ipswich plus bonuses !

You really think he will drop to 150k or 300k over 2 seasons:hilarious:

It doesnt matter what he was on at Ipswich, he was a fringe player and has had to drop a league just to keep playing, his contract will do the same.

150k a year would be better than earning 0k a year.

Eastwood was on 8k a week in the Championship, we paid him £1700k a week when he rejoined us.

It doesnt matter what he was on at Ipswich, he was a fringe player and has had to drop a league just to keep playing, his contract will do the same.

Eastwood was on 8k a week in the Championship, we paid him £1700k a week when he rejoined us.

Haha you are having a laugh !

Noel's agent circulated the players name to every club in the land,those clubs will contact the agent to ask about size of salary which will scare many off.Southend contact the agent and clearly were not put off by the salary,making a counter offer which after further wrangling(hence the delay in him signing)Noel and his agent agree to the terms.

If he was on your 150k then many clubs would have been chasing him,I understand Corr received 25k signing on fee whilst his basic salary is worth 208k over the contracted 2 years with bonuses,so he could barring injury easily top 150k per season.

I concede his basic maybe 150k!

O.K. , forget players wages, back to the original post.
The latest news is that Ron Martin is to contact the owners of the vital piece of land needed for the stadium move(cough cough). The council meeting is to be held next Tuesday to discuss the CPO's and information from SUFC on the Roots Hall and Fossetts Farm situations. Ron Martin is also going to contact Neil Bates at Prospects before a 10th November deadline to enter into further negotiations for the sale of Prospects and included land. Mr Bates said that he would need assurances that Mr Martin has the capacity and funds to buy his site for a price in line with those previously agreed. New plans for the Fossetts stadium and developments have yet to be submitted to the council.

Haha you are having a laugh !

Noel's agent circulated the players name to every club in the land,those clubs will contact the agent to ask about size of salary which will scare many off.Southend contact the agent and clearly were not put off by the salary,making a counter offer which after further wrangling(hence the delay in him signing)Noel and his agent agree to the terms.

If he was on your 150k then many clubs would have been chasing him,I understand Corr received 25k signing on fee whilst his basic salary is worth 208k over the contracted 2 years with bonuses,so he could barring injury easily top 150k per season.

I concede his basic maybe 150k!

So Im having a laugh yet you accept what I said. Gotcha.

:dim:

Back on topic:

O.K. , forget players wages, back to the original post.
The latest news is that Ron Martin is to contact the owners of the vital piece of land needed for the stadium move(cough cough). The council meeting is to be held next Tuesday to discuss the CPO's and information from SUFC on the Roots Hall and Fossetts Farm situations. Ron Martin is also going to contact Neil Bates at Prospects before a 10th November deadline to enter into further negotiations for the sale of Prospects and included land. Mr Bates said that he would need assurances that Mr Martin has the capacity and funds to buy his site for a price in line with those previously agreed. New plans for the Fossetts stadium and developments have yet to be submitted to the council.

Thanks for the update, wheres it from?

Wouldnt it be nice to get an official update from the club.

We know there will be no large Sainsbury store, would be nice to know what plan B is.

OBL mentioned a few days ago that there might be an update/progress on the new stadium. Not sure if this is good or bad news, but it's progress...

Wouldnt it be nice to get an official update from the club.

We know there will be no large Sainsbury store, would be nice to know what plan B is.

If anyone really wants to know what's going on, I expect the club is the last source you would trust. You're far more likely to get the truth from the Echo than you ever are from the SUFC Ministry of Information.

If I had the time, I'd be tempted to devote a few months (as that's how long it would take) to really investigate Mr Martin, his funding sources and the agreements in place around this land. I know there's certain things that would be impossible to obtain, but there must be enough publicly available information out there to show beyond doubt whether we should be trusting him to deliver this project.

My gut feeling is that Ron is a small time property developer and this whole thing has got too big for him to handle.

If anyone really wants to know what's going on, I expect the club is the last source you would trust. You're far more likely to get the truth from the Echo than you ever are from the SUFC Ministry of Information.

If I had the time, I'd be tempted to devote a few months (as that's how long it would take) to really investigate Mr Martin, his funding sources and the agreements in place around this land. I know there's certain things that would be impossible to obtain, but there must be enough publicly available information out there to show beyond doubt whether we should be trusting him to deliver this project.

My gut feeling is that Ron is a small time property developer and this whole thing has got too big for him to handle.

You underestimate Ron,I think he is an extremely shrewd and astute businessman whose golden egg is the RH site.

and tell me how you know this maybe you just make things up

You underestimate Ron,I think he is an extremely shrewd and astute businessman whose golden egg is the RH site.

If he was a shrewd and astute businessman we'd be watching our football in a new stadium by now.

I think he is a chancer whose talent for spin far outweighs his ability to deliver on projects.

All about opinions though and I'd be delighted to be proven wrong.

and tell me how you know this maybe you just make things up

Which bit the Eastwood bit ? That came from inside the club.

If he was a shrewd and astute businessman we'd be watching our football in a new stadium by now.

I think he is a chancer whose talent for spin far outweighs his ability to deliver on projects.

Indeed, if it was shrewd planning on Rons part he is going a funny way about it. 10 years of losing money doesnt sound like sound business sense to me.

Indeed it is. Your opinion is based on what has (or, rather, hasn't) happened in the last decade and a half whereas that of mrsblue can be based on nothing more than wishful thinking.

I have noticed (and they are very few and far between as a previous poster eluded to) a small number of Martin Dawn plc boards advertising the acquisition of rather odd (and very small) plots of land/property on or near the site of major new residential developments of late.

One such example (although the board has now been removed) was adjacent to the entrance of the new David Wilson Homes development site at Ashcroft Place in Benfleet.

Call me cynical, but I wonder whether Ron and his team (if there exists such a thing) have been strategically targeting the purchase of ransom strips and problematically placed properties scheduled for demolition in order to sabotage the completion of said projects, possibly resulting in enforced payouts (well over market value) to relinquish his rights to said strips of land and property.

This could all be conspiracy nonsense, but I just wonder whether Ron is resorting to such tactics to expedite the process of raising private capital (to enable the continuation of the planning and legal processes in force at both Roots Hall and FF), and/or challenge developers who maybe own similar plots of problematic land at FF...

All hypothetical I should stress...

Ah well, no thread on the 'zone would be complete without a sizable detour through cloud cuckoo (players wages) land.

I thought there used to be a lot of his boards up through Benfleet, including some industrial areas - I did wonder if he was preparing a fallback position for a new stadium site, if only to threaten withdrawing from FF completely unless things went our way. Still I'm not usually one for conspiracy theories, so this is purely idle speculation.

From the original article:

"We have also requested additional information on the progress on the Roots Hall and Fossetts Farm development proposal which will allow us to make an informed decision on how we proceed".

Yeah, good luck with that.

Indeed it is. Your opinion is based on what has (or, rather, hasn't) happened in the last decade and a half whereas that of mrsblue can be based on nothing more than wishful thinking.

On the contrary Mick,

Ron charges a consultancy fee each season,so around 70k for doing nowt,not to shabby !

He has around 120,000 customers every year which most shops would dream of,think about the amount of booze sold with a nice mark up ,what about the food served up.

Ron can wait and wait as he is losing no sleep.

Back