• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

This was the third game of the season and our third win on the trot out of four. Clarke and Burns the scorers. Alvin started well at least.

I remember it well. For all the fancy free-kick routine that goal was far more down to some shocking keeping!

Always thought Alex Burns was a decent player. Unfortunately, the team wasn't.

Great find, perversely I remember the matches from that era clearer than I do the past decade!!! It really was a woeful period in the clubs history back then, rarely winning away, empty Roots Hall, journeymen players and awful managers.

On a lighter note, I remember this game fondly as a sixteen year old sitting in the South Upper...at the time coming away from the ground I could have sworn that Clarkey's goal was a "Worldy" haha

Boy oh boy has the standard at that level gone up since then.

That home kit though 😍

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sure it was around that time that we had that nuts match with Bournemouth which ended 5-3 after being 0-0 at half-time!:smile:

Back