• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sadly there are far too many morons who go to football to behave in a way which is unacceptable just about anywhere else.

Completely agree. Strange how you don't see/hear of any trouble at the rugby matches where the fans are just as passionate. I for one would prefer to take my kids to a rugby game rather than mix with some of these degenerates who attend football games.

Didnt get to the game and honestly thought we would get beat.

Got to be happy with 3 points at the Miiiiiiiii

Im in two minds about this Prosser business.

There is definately a player in there and i am the first to admit that from when he first joined the club he has come on leaps and bounds , but still feel his is not too intelligent on the ball and seems to panick at times.

That said he gives 110% in every game and his distribution has obviously been worked on and i am more than happy to see his name in the team sheet.

I just feel the bolger barrett and rea all all ahead of him at this moment in time.

There is definately a player in there and i am the first to admit that from when he first joined the club he has come on leaps and bounds , but still feel his is not too intelligent on the ball and seems to panick at times.

That said he gives 110% in every game and his distribution has obviously been worked on and i am more than happy to see his name in the team sheet.

I just feel the bolger barrett and rea all all ahead of him at this moment in time.

It will be interesting to see whether he keeps the shirt on Saturday.

This is very much my thoughts too.
To win at the M'Wall is a pleasant surprise and will have given PB (and us armchair wannabe managers) some selection decisions for the Scunny game.
As for Luke; a very useful squad member and a committed team player who always tries his best etc and is worthy of being in matchday squads: and starts in JPT.
However Adam brings more knowledge, game reading, distribution and goals so Luke should not be surprised if he has to, often, settle for being understudy.

From what I've seen so far this season it looks to me as if Piggot doesn't want to be there, which wouldn't be surprising after what he said after the play-off final and his reluctance to join us until it became clear Charlton didn't need him. Maybe it's just his manner but his body language isn't great.

From what I've seen so far this season it looks to me as if Piggot doesn't want to be there, which wouldn't be surprising after what he said after the play-off final and his reluctance to join us until it became clear Charlton didn't need him. Maybe it's just his manner but his body language isn't great.

Some players (and people in general) do have a laid back look and he is one of them.

I wouldnt read to much into body language, its how much work he puts in that matters. Wasnt there so cant comment on how much he did.

It is a good sign in terms of depth that a good committed centre back is 4th in the queue.

I think we have strength in depth all over the squad now, and other squads in L1 won't necessarily have this and I think this will be to our advantage as the season goes on.

Jam_Man said:
Some players (and people in general) do have a laid back look and he is one of them.

I wouldnt read to much into body language, its how much work he puts in that matters. Wasnt there so cant comment on how much he did.
I thought he tried hard and did OK, considering he didn't get a lot of service. He was starting to get a bit frustrated towards the end, and looked disappointed to be taken off.

I thought he tried hard and did OK, considering he didn't get a lot of service. He was starting to get a bit frustrated towards the end, and looked disappointed to be taken off.

It's not just the service Piggott was missing but the support as well. He was taking three, four touches before losing it as still the support wasn't there. The midfield need to be giving him better options.

Bentley and Prosser were the stand out players for us for me.

Millwall looked very poor. Was that former triallist Ed Upson in midfield for them? And Carlos Edwards is older than me!

I agree he looks bored/moody/uninterested

Had a chance from the start on Saturday with Hunt out and did absolutely nothing to keep the shirt

Completely agree. Strange how you don't see/hear of any trouble at the rugby matches where the fans are just as passionate. I for one would prefer to take my kids to a rugby game rather than mix with some of these degenerates who attend football games.

I've seen loads of trouble on trains returning from Twickenham back into central London when I've worked shifts around there, lots of absolute drunken morons. But of course, they don't attract the media attention that football fans do.

I've seen loads of trouble on trains returning from Twickenham back into central London when I've worked shifts around there, lots of absolute drunken morons. But of course, they don't attract the media attention that football fans do.

Really? I'm going to Twickenham to watch England v Australia in couple of weeks. No segregation required there and I fully expect to be knocking back ale in the pubs of Richmond before and after the game with fans of both countries. I'll let you know if anyone starts throwing darts into the crowd.

Back on the Prosser subject. I rate him and was glad he was staying with us. Don't go with this squad player thing TBH, his job is to play well and make himself undroppable for the next game. It seems that Barrett and Bolger are Browns prefered pairing so it is up to Prosser and the rest to knock them off the perch.

Really? I'm going to Twickenham to watch England v Australia in couple of weeks. No segregation required there and I fully expect to be knocking back ale in the pubs of Richmond before and after the game with fans of both countries. I'll let you know if anyone starts throwing darts into the crowd.
Fans as last years football world cup also sat in amongst each other without segregation, what's your point?

Can't wait till this rugby world cup is over so i don't have to read anymore comments all over twitter and facebook from arrogant rugby fans who thnk they're so much more superior than football fans.

Fans as last years football world cup also sat in amongst each other without segregation, what's your point?

Can't wait till this rugby world cup is over so i don't have to read anymore comments all over twitter and facebook from arrogant rugby fans who thnk they're so much more superior than football fans.

Only going on what I've witnessed, first hand. I've seen plenty of football fans behaving badly too. But I'm just saying there's plenty of idiots on both sides.

EDIT: Sorry, replied to wrong post.

I was at the game on Saturday and I agree with those who say Piggott looks disinterested. I was watching him carefully and realised that his first touch and control was poor when he had his back to the goal with a centre half up his backside. He just isn't a Barry Core type player, more a goal poacher than a target man. He'll be back on the bench when Hunt is fit again.
I've always been an admirer of Prosser who always gives you a good shift. He was played out of position until Barratt got injured but dealt with it admirably. I think Luke O'Neil is a really good acquisition and thankfully we seem to have plenty of cover at the back now. Just need another main striker, although Williams cameo was exciting when he came on. Had the brains to play the game out and run the clock down which told me he has a football brain.
Great team effort to win and well deserved. Nice of the home crowd to supply sweets and the home team to give us 3 points as well! Sunny at home next week, what could possibly go wrong.............................:'(

He worked so hard on saturday, and you could tell from his body language when being subbed he was totally frustrated and fed up, as nothing was going right for him, not as you say disinterested. As someone mentioned above, the support when he did hold it up wasnt coming quick enough, so he had to take an extra touch. Unfortunately most of the time when he did have to take that extra touch he lost the ball. I think the final straw for him was right at the end when he was acres of space and Weston chose to blaze it over the bar.

I was at the game on Saturday and I agree with those who say Piggott looks disinterested. I was watching him carefully and realised that his first touch and control was poor when he had his back to the goal with a centre half up his backside. He just isn't a Barry Core type player, more a goal poacher than a target man. He'll be back on the bench when Hunt is fit again.
I've always been an admirer of Prosser who always gives you a good shift. He was played out of position until Barratt got injured but dealt with it admirably. I think Luke O'Neil is a really good acquisition and thankfully we seem to have plenty of cover at the back now. Just need another main striker, although Williams cameo was exciting when he came on. Had the brains to play the game out and run the clock down which told me he has a football brain.
Great team effort to win and well deserved. Nice of the home crowd to supply sweets and the home team to give us 3 points as well! Sunny at home next week, what could possibly go wrong.............................:'(

Cheers for the long-range forecast. We managed to win in the sun at Millwall, so here's hoping for a repeat performance...

Back