• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

fbm

Blue tinted optimist⭐
From a friend of mine

"For all my SUFC supporter friends to make you aware Cabinet debated a report yesterday on the withdrawal of the CP order on Roots Hall / Fossetts Farm, as current CP order is now Null & Void. Owner has been given several opportunities to address concerns & has failed to bring any movement on the table. Requirements are: Clear statements of plans around excess land from the re-scoped Sainsbury's deal; clearing outstanding debts to SBC; providing indemnity insurance against losses from legal risk: signing the 109 agreement (now superceded by the CIL).The ball is firmly with SUFC. Understand that it will be discussed again at Cabinet's November meeting."

From a friend of mine

"For all my SUFC supporter friends to make you aware Cabinet debated a report yesterday on the withdrawal of the CP order on Roots Hall / Fossetts Farm, as current CP order is now Null & Void. Owner has been given several opportunities to address concerns & has failed to bring any movement on the table. Requirements are: Clear statements of plans around excess land from the re-scoped Sainsbury's deal; clearing outstanding debts to SBC; providing indemnity insurance against losses from legal risk: signing the 109 agreement (now superceded by the CIL).The ball is firmly with SUFC. Understand that it will be discussed again at Cabinet's November meeting."

Thanks for that - I wait for someone with more knowledge of these things to translate this into plain english but it doesn't sound good. Having said that Ron seems quite happy to push things to the limit/deadline and who knows what is being said privately/behind closed doors.

To me sounds like the club have done bugger all, and the fans and the council have been strung along for the last 3 years.

Translates into us being further away than ever in the last 10 years to FF coming to fruition.
Redevelopment of Roots Hall is now something which should be explored with some vigour as there is scope to deliver what we need on the current site.

Translates into us being further away than ever in the last 10 years to FF coming to fruition.
Redevelopment of Roots Hall is now something which should be explored with some vigour as there is scope to deliver what we need on the current site.

How do we achieve that when selling Roots Hall was to pay for the work?

We have accumulated over 10 million in debts through the so far failed Fossett Farm project, that also needs to be cleared which again cant be without selling Roots Hall.

What Sherif said.

Nice to know we are in debt with SBC to add to a long list of others.

To be honest if SBC agree in November to pull the plug on it, I would not blame them and you know what part of me hopes they do. As John Main said back in Aug 2001 "FF is not financially viable and the clubs future remains at RH"

Ron has had 15 years to deliver and has failed. Time is up. Next.....

How do we achieve that when selling Roots Hall was to pay for the work?

We have accumulated over 10 million in debts through the so far failed Fossett Farm project, that also needs to be cleared which again cant be without selling Roots Hall.

A combined housing/community stadium type agreement looks our best bet at the moment.

Now this one is interesting. Big players like CineWorld don't announce this sort of thing unless there is a reasonable certainty that it will happen, and within reasonable time scales. I know Ron's an expert bullshitter, but I doubt he would be able to hoodwink this lot.

I find myself agreeing with this. Cineworld wouldn't announce something like this if there wasn't a high degree of certainty. As soon as the car park idea was looking shaky I was wondering when Fossetts would be mentioned. Basically Southend is going to get Festival Leisure Park (East) and the ground is going to be at the back of it (at some point long after I'm dust I'd imagine)

Interesting update.

And ten restaurants ........... hhmmmm - I suspect they will all be franchised chains where the food is brought in from across the country and the atmosphere and fare is homogonised rather than being local. That seems to be the way of "retail parks" that are the same all across England.

One must lap up a cheeky nandos though.

Now this one is interesting. Big players like CineWorld don't announce this sort of thing unless there is a reasonable certainty that it will happen, and within reasonable time scales. I know Ron's an expert bullshitter, but I doubt he would be able to hoodwink this lot.

Very, it's not as if Sainsburys once announced they were building a huge store on RH.:winking:

Interesting update.

And ten restaurants ........... hhmmmm - I suspect they will all be franchised chains where the food is brought in from across the country and the atmosphere and fare is homogonised rather than being local. That seems to be the way of "retail parks" that are the same all across England.

I look forward to trying the soup of the day at Frankie & Benny's

Back