• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I don't do away games, so I am reliant on the match reports on here for opinions. I don't think I have read anything which suggests that Phil will relegate Lenny to the bench. Similarly it's hard to see O'Neill and Prosser getting dropped. I reckon that if Hunt is fit then he will come in for Pigott, and maybe the bearded one will drop to the bench as it's a home game.

A lot depends on the fitness of those who we would consider first choice players. I think it is quite nice to have the choices we have for places now, it keeps the players on their toes.
It's home games that are generally more difficult for me (what with being based near Land's End) though this season there aren't any games in Devon for me to do a short hop across the border for. Looking forward to being back at the Hall again on Saturday and I think it's an important game as we need to get back-to-back wins for the first time this season and win at home again. Encouraged by our bouncebackability following the reverse v Shrewsbury and like you by the greater strength in depth that we have in the squad. I hope to see Noel Hunt back in the team - he won me over with that performance at the Ricoh - and will feel a bit sorry for Prosser if he gets dropped (although I'm a big Ben Coker fan) as he is such a dependable defender these days. Last game at the Hall I saw him (v Luton in April), he came on as sub (after Coker's sending off) and was fantastically aggressive and made a goal-saving interception too. Fingers crossed for some of the spirit we showed in that great game.

Brown has always stated you play for the shirt, the players who played at Millwall did that, none should be dropped who ever
is available, otherwise if a player is dropped after that game, why would they bother in future. PB play by your own rules.

We put a weakened side out due to injuries, we shouldnt put out a weakened team out on Saturday just out of some principle.

We are at the wrong side of the table we need our best players on the pitch and Coker and Hunt are important players who only missed out due to injury. If they are fit they should both be in the side.

It's home games that are generally more difficult for me (what with being based near Land's End) though this season there aren't any games in Devon for me to do a short hop across the border for. Looking forward to being back at the Hall again on Saturday and I think it's an important game as we need to get back-to-back wins for the first time this season and win at home again. Encouraged by our bouncebackability following the reverse v Shrewsbury and like you by the greater strength in depth that we have in the squad. I hope to see Noel Hunt back in the team - he won me over with that performance at the Ricoh - and will feel a bit sorry for Prosser if he gets dropped (although I'm a big Ben Coker fan) as he is such a dependable defender these days. Last game at the Hall I saw him (v Luton in April), he came on as sub (after Coker's sending off) and was fantastically aggressive and made a goal-saving interception too. Fingers crossed for some of the spirit we showed in that great game.

Barring a miracle, Barrett looks like being out for 2 or 3 games, so it will be Prosser or Rea to partner Bolger.

I would like to see us line up like this:

Bentley

O'Neill Bolger Prosser Coker

Worrall Leonard Timlin McLaughlin

Mooney Hunt​

I suspect we might see something like

Bentley

O'Neill Bolger Prosser White

Worrall Leonard Deegan Timlin

Mooney Pigott​

I would like to see us line up like this:

Bentley

O'Neill Bolger Prosser Coker

Worrall Leonard Timlin McLaughlin

Mooney Hunt​

I suspect we might see something like

Bentley

O'Neill Bolger Prosser White

Worrall Leonard Deegan Timlin

Mooney Pigott​
I would be very pleased with your first line up, but as you say I doubt we will see it. I take it McLaughlin got over his illness?

bouncebackability - Now that is a goooood word!! ​

It reads very much like Adam is out for 2/3 games, is Thommo now back in full training and is a bench spot too much, too soon? especially when we (now) seem to have fit 4/5 players vying for the 2 centre defender spots.
And I predict score 2-1, attendance 5106 with 123 Scunnys.

It reads very much like Adam is out for 2/3 games, is Thommo now back in full training and is a bench spot too much, too soon? especially when we (now) seem to have fit 4/5 players vying for the 2 centre defender spots.
And I predict score 2-1, attendance 5106 with 123 Scunnys.

Difficult to tell with hamstrings - better to be extra cautious and not to risk a reoccurrence.

The first step for Thommo is for him to be on the bench ........... but there seems to be plenty of competition just to get onto that.

And am I still right in thinking that Brown is looking for a loan striker to join as well?

At this rate S.U.F.C. will easily be able to put out two strong teams with cover in all positions. :unsure:

Taking my 8 year old daughter to her first proper game ( she had been to a friendly ).
A Peterborough performance and we may have another fan.
A Shrewsbury ........ You know the answer

Taking my 8 year old daughter to her first proper game ( she had been to a friendly ).

If she is expecting free flowing winning football every week you must have mis informed her. My son didnt see us win the first 4 games he went to. Now a season ticket holder in his fifth season. As i explained to him football is all about taking the rough with the smooth etc

I took my 37 year old daughter to her first game at Wembley for the Paint Pot final. It was clear that football and her are not a natural pairing....I have not taken her again.

Hunt in for Piggott and Coker in for Prosser. May be tempted to bring Prosser over for Barrett if he isn't fully fit.

Maybe Worsdworth in for Deegan, but its a bit mental when Hurst/Atkinson/Macca/Payne/Deegan/Piggott/White/Prosser/Rea/Williams are alll fighting for places on the bench.

I'd start Rea, he's been decent so far.

Bentley
O'Neill, Bolger, Rea, Coker
Timlin, Deegan, Leonard, Worrall
Hunt, Mooney

Back