• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

THought Rea was poor against Shrewsbury.

If all fit (other than Barrett who clearly isnt)

Bentley
White, Bolger, Prosser, Coker
Worrall, Wordsworth, Leonard, Timlin
Hunt, Mooney

Pretty much the same side as Shrewsbury and it sucked, but I think its our strongest line up as long as the opposition dont come out to stifle us as much as Shrewsbury.

Losing our (joint) top scorer I think will be a big blow. In a low scoring team, having a CB that knows where the net is both with head and feet, is a huge asset.

If she is expecting free flowing winning football every week you must have mis informed her. My son didnt see us win the first 4 games he went to. Now a season ticket holder in his fifth season. As i explained to him football is all about taking the rough with the smooth etc

Yeah , I've tried to explain the reality , but until they experience it for themselves , they wont really know the depths of despair they are about to encounter.
Always an easier sell if we can start with a win though !

I took my 37 year old daughter to her first game at Wembley for the Paint Pot final. It was clear that football and her are not a natural pairing....I have not taken her again.

I think you left it too late at 37.
My wife went to her first game for the West Ham friendly and promptly informed me it would be her last........
Her only comments of note were Deegans legs and Hursts hair !

If she is expecting free flowing winning football every week you must have mis informed her. My son didnt see us win the first 4 games he went to. Now a season ticket holder in his fifth season. As i explained to him football is all about taking the rough with the smooth etc

My first season was 82/3. Those first seasons were a depressing time. Then, bang! :thumbsup:

I would be very pleased with your first line up, but as you say I doubt we will see it. I take it McLaughlin got over his illness?

Like your first team as well, stick Barrett in for Pross and I believe that's our strongest 11. Obviously competition for places in midfield with others waiting on the sidelines who could come in and do a job. Desperately wanting Wordsworth to kickstart his season, he is quality and I would have him over Leonard personally IF he was playing well.

On the basis that Barrett is out , if i was Prosser and I was not picked then I think that it would force be to look to leave ASAP. Match reports on here all say he played very well on Saturday. If Rea or someone else replaces him then he would have to question under what circumstances will he play ?

I am hoping he does not play left back, as Coker will (understandably ) replace him when he is fit . However I believe that if he plays well again a centre back then Barrett should not and will not automatically replace him when he is fit again. Unfortunately Luke will loose his place soon enough when he gets injured putting his body on the line for the club (and then this can be changed to 'dropped' by those with an agenda).

Like your first team as well, stick Barrett in for Pross and I believe that's our strongest 11. Obviously competition for places in midfield with others waiting on the sidelines who could come in and do a job. Desperately wanting Wordsworth to kickstart his season, he is quality and I would have him over Leonard personally IF he was playing well.
Yeah me too but he hasn't lived up to expectation so far this season and we can't keep waiting. My opinion is McLaughlin hasn't been given a fair crack from the start.

My first season was 82/3. Those first seasons were a depressing time. Then, bang! :thumbsup:
My first game (that I remember, I apparently was taken once when I was 4) was the last game of the 1997/1998 season where we lost at home to Wrexham 3-1 to finish bottom of the league and everyone invaded the pitch and smashed up the goalposts. If you can get through that, you can get through anything :thumbsup:

Out through injury White Barrett McLaughlin.....Fit Coker......50/50 Hunt

Bentley
O'Neil Bolger Prosser Coker
Worrell Deegan Leonard Timlin
Mooney Pigott/Hunt

If Hunt is out, I will expect to see more of Jason Williams this week after some promising touches in the short appearance he made last week.

Maybe time to put Wordsworth in and tell him to up his workrate. He has plenty of quality and importantly scores goals including from deadballs. Jack Payne deserves a chance also. The problem with playing Deegan, Timlin and Worrell is despite their excellent work rate they rarely score goals.

Maybe time to put Wordsworth in and tell him to up his workrate. He has plenty of quality and importantly scores goals including from deadballs. Jack Payne deserves a chance also. The problem with playing Deegan, Timlin and Worrell is despite their excellent work rate they rarely score goals.
When you play a defensive midfielder like Deegan your not looking at them to get goals. I would also say Worrall has probably scored more than most of the other midfielders last season.

When you play a defensive midfielder like Deegan your not looking at them to get goals. I would also say Worrall has probably scored more than most of the other midfielders last season.

To add to your point, look at our first goal v Millwall. Worrell had the confidence to run beyond Mooney and get his cross in because he new he had good cover, if the move breaks down.

Worrall did score a few last season but Payne scored more with fewer appearances. Worralls career goalscoring record is not very good. I am not saying he is not a good player but you look at last week's midfield and think to yourself, where are the goals coming from in that area. I feel that you need to get the balance right in midfield and that means including people who make runs into goalscoring positions and who can shoot.

David Worrall scores a few and was our most creative player last season, had the most assists in the team and 2nd most in the league. Payne might have scored more but Worrall had a far bigger impact overall.

My first game (that I remember, I apparently was taken once when I was 4) was the last game of the 1997/1998 season where we lost at home to Wrexham 3-1 to finish bottom of the league and everyone invaded the pitch and smashed up the goalposts. If you can get through that, you can get through anything :thumbsup:

Are you sure? That must have slipped by me ........... mind you with my memory ............:unsure:

I think you left it too late at 37.
My wife went to her first game for the West Ham friendly and promptly informed me it would be her last........
Her only comments of note were Deegans legs and Hursts hair !

My wife's first game at Roots Hall was against Chester with Ian Rush as the manager ......... we won 1-0 in a dour encounter. A Chester player was told to remove his undershorts as they were not the same colour as the kit - the player did so at the side of the pitch and showed all the East Stand his bottom and that is her only real memory of the game.

Back