• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Maybe time to put Wordsworth in and tell him to up his workrate. He has plenty of quality and importantly scores goals including from deadballs. Jack Payne deserves a chance also. The problem with playing Deegan, Timlin and Worrell is despite their excellent work rate they rarely score goals.

I kept hearing about his free kick ability and yet since he has been here he a hasn't taken hardly any. We had one against Shrewsbury I think in a great position and I was thinking yes great position for Wordsworth but Coker took it and blazed it over. We don't use our weapons to great effect. Our free kicks have been atrocious the last year (apart from Bury away), just because Coker scored one at Newport doesn't mean he needs to take every one.

My wife's first game at Roots Hall was against Chester with Ian Rush as the manager ......... we won 1-0 in a dour encounter. A Chester player was told to remove his undershorts as they were not the same colour as the kit - the player did so at the side of the pitch and showed all the East Stand his bottom and that is her only real memory of the game.

Had to watch quite a few arses in our side since that game too !

THought Rea was poor against Shrewsbury.

If all fit (other than Barrett who clearly isnt)

Bentley
White, Bolger, Prosser, Coker
Worrall, Wordsworth, Leonard, Timlin
Hunt, Mooney

Pretty much the same side as Shrewsbury and it sucked, but I think its our strongest line up as long as the opposition dont come out to stifle us as much as Shrewsbury.

I'd agree with this. Clearly O'Neill can continue if White isn't fit.
If Hunt isn't fit, I wouldn't stick someone else up front - I'd play a 5 man midfield <dives for cover> with Jack Payne at the top end of it.

Out through injury White Barrett McLaughlin.....Fit Coker......50/50 Hunt

Bentley
O'Neil Bolger Prosser Coker
Worrell Deegan Leonard Timlin
Mooney Pigott/Hunt

If Hunt is out, I will expect to see more of Jason Williams this week after some promising touches in the short appearance he made last week.

Not for me.

Timlin is half the player out wide and leonard has been poor this season.

Worrall deegan timlin and mclaughlan in the middle for me

Not for me.

Spot on timlin has to play CM and Leonard has been in bad form now for so long. Disappointed with him and
Hurst, both where quality one season and dropped in form massively. Feel Leonard could still have somthing if we play him in the correct position

Not for me.

I'm not saying this is my choice, Just saying this is the probable starting eleven....But don't tell anyone.

Why not stick to the Millwall midfield? Was not Leonard on the right, Worrall the left with Deegan and Timlin in the middle?

Spot on timlin has to play CM and Leonard has been in bad form now for so long. Disappointed with him and
Hurst, both where quality one season and dropped in form massively. Feel Leonard could still have somthing if we play him in the correct position

Leonard has been better this season I would say. Certainly one of the best players on the pitch against Peterborough. I do wish we hadn't coached his desire to burst forward out of him though.

Hungover optimistic post... We will win 2-0

Can't go today as gotta look after my little one who's ill but hopefully the boys will do the business :thumbsup:

The sun is out, no wind, soft, flat, fast and true pitch, we are on the back of a good away win, we have selection choices in most positions AND whoever we put out in the starting 11 I am sure will give it their all.
What could go wrong?

Unfortunately driving down today (due to the continued engineering work) - anyone know if the A127 is behaving itself lately (probably a silly question)?

Unfortunately driving down today (due to the continued engineering work) - anyone know if the A127 is behaving itself lately (probably a silly question)?

There are temporary traffic lights at the Vic Ave, Fairfax Drive, Priory junction which have been a pain in the #### AND are best to be avoided but I have heard nothing unusual on the A127 this morning.

Back