• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Rugby World Cup

Rugger buggers

• Total voters
Some good posts on here about international eligibility (or lack thereof!) so I've moved them to another thread that davew started a while back. We'll keep this one for the RUWC.

I like to think I'm as patriotic as the next bloke so why am I not that upset that the Taffs beat us? Maybe it's because we now have to beat the Aussies to progress further? Or maybe I just don't give too much of a monkeys about Rugby. I shall never know, nor care, for that matter. I feel better now:smiles:

My wife and I were there last night. I am hoarse this morning. In fact I was by half time. I have never been in a crowd with such an amazing atmosphere. And what made it all the more amazing was the fact that there is no segregation. I was laughing and joking with a Welsh fan a couple of rows behind me just before kick off.

I also saw a sight I would have loved to photograph. Before kick off there was a girl painting a cross of St. George on another girl's face. This girl was clad head to toe in England kit. The girl doing the painting was wearing her Wales top, and had a Welsh dragon on her face.

There was simply no animosity, but that didn't mean people didn't care. Both sets of fans got behind their team in the same way they would at football, but didn't feel the need for it to descend into violence...and that was whilst consuming more beer and champagne than I have ever seen in one place. Each of the guys next to us turned up just before kick off with a tray of four pints...each.

I would love football to be the same, but unfortunately our sport is marred by a minority of Neanderthals that don't allow the atmosphere to get that good.

Before kick off they turned off all the floodlights and just had coloured spot lights around the pitch perimeter pointing up into the night sky. I looked truly amazing.

Got the RSA and USA game on and one is wearing dark blue and the other dark green.

Can barely tell the difference from a distance.

Got the RSA and USA game on and one is wearing dark blue and the other dark green.

Can barely tell the difference from a distance.

It's something that seems to have spilt over from football. Change kits have become actual away kits rather than for when there's an actual clash. We saw it often enough at Roots Hall last season where a change actually creates more of a clash than their first choice kit would have done. All so more kits can be sold.

Seems to really be affecting the USA, they clearly cant see the opposition as they are getting dry humped.:smile:

My wife and I were there last night. I am hoarse this morning. In fact I was by half time. I have never been in a crowd with such an amazing atmosphere. And what made it all the more amazing was the fact that there is no segregation. I was laughing and joking with a Welsh fan a couple of rows behind me just before kick off.

I also saw a sight I would have loved to photograph. Before kick off there was a girl painting a cross of St. George on another girl's face. This girl was clad head to toe in England kit. The girl doing the painting was wearing her Wales top, and had a Welsh dragon on her face.

There was simply no animosity, but that didn't mean people didn't care. Both sets of fans got behind their team in the same way they would at football, but didn't feel the need for it to descend into violence...and that was whilst consuming more beer and champagne than I have ever seen in one place. Each of the guys next to us turned up just before kick off with a tray of four pints...each.

I would love football to be the same, but unfortunately our sport is marred by a minority of Neanderthals that don't allow the atmosphere to get that good.

Before kick off they turned off all the floodlights and just had coloured spot lights around the pitch perimeter pointing up into the night sky. I looked truly amazing.

Big up yo'self!

Back