• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

In the east greens it was the two ***** at the back of the stand who we're going after Pigott from the get go. They are a disgrace to our club. They are loud mouthed bullies and I was very close to giving it back to them in spades. You come into my part of the ground and do that again and you're going to get the verbal attacks back on you. You two are negative negative negative. I watched you throughout the game and you never supported the players. You only highlighted the negative. Just because you paid your money does not give you the right to slag off some of the team. How do you think the kids around you felt listening to all that. Do it again and watch us defend the kids and our club.

...and people wonder why the players play better away from home :unsure:

Poor first half, particularly first 20 mins where we were a shambles, got back into the game with a lovely goal. Much better second half and in the end a deserved win with an excellent winning goal. However, still not playing with much flow, still a bit stop start and too many long balls hoofed up field. Lack some creativity in midfield. Just don't see how long term playing Deegan, Timlin and Leonard can work. As per usual Coker and Worrall worked well but with Worrall the only wide player it left O'Neill exposed and then Coker when Worrall switched to the right. Would prefer to see us playing 2 natural wide players. Undoubtably Hunt coming on made a huge difference and his pass for the Coker goal was top draw. As for the boo boys they need to get behind the team and support. Clearly based on Cokers comments it is affecting the team. Piggott in particular needs our support. He worked hard again but little went right for him. After 9 games it's been a decent start but much improvement still needed.

Pigott - Sure he was trying but the lad needs more aggression, a better recovery rate (for someone so young) looked moody and walked straight down the tunnel when withdrawn.

Been waiting for this after hearing it several times on BBC Essex. He went down the tunnel and was back within 2 minutes and took a place low down in the dugout. He probably needed the loo!!! Here's an idea, how about people get off this young man's back and get behind him? We were awful for much of the first half, created nothing and it's hardly surprising Pigott didn't show much - not many of them did! He is a confidence player and I don't feel he knows his role alongside Mooney, he's much better alongside Hunt. Let's not forget he had what looked like a stonewall penalty turned down last weekend?

I think the only player to emerge with any credit from the first half was Coker. The rest of them looked as if they were short of ideas. The defence was largely all over the place, which it often does if White is absent. Bentley looked a little hesitant. Midfield went missing, always feel that Timlin and Deegan can't play together, and the forwards got isolated. It was no surprise to go behind. Timlin's goal late in the first half took us in level and gave Brown the opportunity for some meaningful advice at half time.

2nd half was a different game, Lenny was making those surging runs forward, Worrall was swapping wings, Prosser regained that no-nonsense defending that we know is a key part of his game. And Deegan suddenly found that he could play sensible balls to team mates and behave in a little more Viking like way and scare the opposition a bit. Of course, Hunt coming on was a turning point. Some delightful inter play with other players showed just what a skilful and intelligent player he is. Thrilled to bits with Coker's goal, proper quality.

7s all round for the starting line up, except Deegan and Mooney 8s, and Coker a 9. 8 for Hunt too.

I thought it might be worth mentioning that we have scored 4 goals in the last two games. It's been a while since that happened in league matches.

Pigott gave me one of my happiest memories in life. Disappointing he is the latest target for abuse from the stand and on here. Personally I think he probably is best somewhere else now and I will therefore always appreciate that goal and what it meant. I don't think he really wants to be here and it shows. There is a good player in there. He scored loads when he first joined, but maybe it's just not the right fit now.

The disguise and weight of the pass by Hunt and the finish for the winning goal reminded me of Brazils 4th goal 1970. Or am I going over the top:winking:

Pigott was obviously very disappointing today as he was at Millwall, I think he needs a spell out of the team to regain his confidence. However we wouldn't be in this division if it wasn't for his goal in that amazing night at Wembley so he doesn't deserve to get too much stick. Things just aren't working for him at the moment.

Hunt showed what a class act he is today when he came on and changed the game, he and Mooney are a decent League One partnership and should be the preferred option if both are fit. However our other options up front are limited and therefore if either Hunt or Mooney are unavailable I think we should play one up front and play a couple of attack minded midfielders behind the lone striker such as Wordsworth and Payne, rather than play an out of form second striker. The lone striker tactic could still prove to be effective and other teams also adopt this method so it is not necessarily too defensive.

I was castigated earlier on Twitter for daring to suggest that Joe Pigott looked disinterested, lazy and largely anonymous for the majority of his 60 minutes - I'm glad I'm not the only supporter who would send him back to Charlton.

Hunt is the best player we have had for many years, those around him are starting to get on the same wavelength and when things don't come off he gives advice and words of encouragement, as much as I loved Barry Corr there's a gulf in class, Hunt is going to be the difference for us this season, let's hope he stays fit.

Deegan and Prosser are making those who questioned whether they are good enough for lge 1 look rather stupid.

Actually getting quite excited about this season now, we don't really have a weak link in the team.

Scunny did to us exactly what we did to Swindon in the first half, hassled, chased down the ball really quickly and gave us no time on the ball but overall we deserved to win with that second half performance. All 3 goals were quality today.

Pigott gave me one of my happiest memories in life. Disappointing he is the latest target for abuse from the stand and on here. Personally I think he probably is best somewhere else now and I will therefore always appreciate that goal and what it meant. I don't think he really wants to be here and it shows. There is a good player in there. He scored loads when he first joined, but maybe it's just not the right fit now.

I sat next to two blokes today who got on his back from the first minute and continued until he was subbed off. Line of the day was "he even runs like a spastic". Yep.... one of them actually came up with that!

I'd struggle to perform at work if people kept shouting abuse at me. When they weren't abusing Piggot they were on Phil Brown's back. The sad thing is they're season ticket holders so I've got this all season. The only positive was that all the people who were laughing at this, weren't laughing WITH them. Oddly, once we started winning there wasn't a peep. They might as well **** off and watch West Ham.

As for the game. Scunthorpe were poor, not quite as poor as Millwall last week, but nevertheless poor. We made hard work of beating them. I question the lack of a left sided midfielder in the first half, left Coker exposed. Its clear Noel Hunt makes such a difference, and we are far better when he is around. Mooney also had a good game and deserved a goal for the work he put in.

I sat next to two blokes today who got on his back from the first minute and continued until he was subbed off. Line of the day was "he even runs like a spastic". Yep.... one of them actually came up with that!

I'd struggle to perform at work if people kept shouting abuse at me. When they weren't abusing Piggot they were on Phil Brown's back. The sad thing is they're season ticket holders so I've got this all season. The only positive was that all the people who were laughing at this, weren't laughing WITH them. Oddly, once we started winning there wasn't a peep. They might as well **** off and watch West Ham.

Interesting isn't it, that today Ben Coker dared to criticise sections of the home support? I make him spot on, it's embarrassing sometimes. While Pigott is here, he is still our player and deserving of our support.

As it goes, I said several months back we should have looked at taking Marvin Sordell and Callum Harriott from Charlton, looks like they're working wonders at Colchester now.

As for the game. Scunthorpe were poor, not quite as poor as Millwall last week, but nevertheless poor. We made hard work of beating them. I question the lack of a left sided midfielder in the first half, left Coker exposed. Its clear Noel Hunt makes such a difference, and we are far better when he is around. Mooney also had a good game and deserved a goal for the work he put in.

I said the same earlier. It seems to be a ploy to fill out the midfield which I can understand but I don't think it 100% works. As you say, Coker was over run as was O'Neill when Worrall swapped sides.

As for Piggot, we should go to his Twitter and tell him that we on his side, supporting him and tell him to ignore the idiots who mouthed him off, to keep his chin up and tell him, that he have talent which he have, to be successful for us.

I can only assume from the contribution of some of the loudmouth 'supporters' that at some point there was a super special promotion on full frontal lobotomies and they took full advantage.. I have no taken to the East C Block to get away from the legend in his own underpants in East D Block (you know the one who once helped sir paint the white lines at primary school and hence is now qualified to loudly criticise everything that unfolds before him).

I guess the best thing we can do is to politely ask them to move to the away end where they will find everyone strangely agrees with their every word..

I'm not one to advocate physical or verbal violence at football, but have any of you who witness these abusive people thought about reporting them to the stewards or to the club in general?

I'm not one to advocate physical or verbal violence at football, but have any of you who witness these abusive people thought about reporting them to the stewards or to the club in general?

Sadly ridicule from those around will work best- not much the stewards can do unless the language is particularly colourful- I am lucky in that whilst i go to most home games I can pick my seat and move away- not everyone is so lucky I guess

Piggot could not look any less interested. Send him back!

I appreciate the hell out of him for the Wembley goal but if it wasn't for that he wouldn't be here!

I was castigated earlier on Twitter for daring to suggest that Joe Pigott looked disinterested, lazy and largely anonymous for the majority of his 60 minutes - I'm glad I'm not the only supporter who would send him back to Charlton.

The word is uninterested....

Just because a number of supporters agree with you doesn't make you right. In fact, with our history of having a favourite player to slaughter, and looking at how well many of them subsequently do at different clubs, having some fans on your side proves nothing except that at Roots Hall some things never change.

Back