• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

you all are missing the point the city of swansea benifit from the stadium prem or div

You are missing the point, Ron wants to build it and make money.

All good for Swansea but its highly unlikely we would get to the Premership so not sure exactly how the town would benefit from giving us a 30 million pound stadium when only 200 away fans come each week.

Building tower blocks is wrong on all levels.

Surely only the higher levels? :smile:

Tower blocks of the 60s are awful but if you go up to the docklands they have some fantastic towers up there. All depends on how they are done.

Surely only the higher levels? :smile:

Tower blocks of the 60s are awful but if you go up to the docklands they have some fantastic towers up there. All depends on how they are done.

All depends on who lives in them

you all are missing the point the city of swansea benifit from the stadium prem or div

Yeah I know overall it's longer. But Vic's plans as far as I can remember never even got as far as planning permission.
Ron could have started work on the ground the day after the plans were approved by the Secretary of State, I can't remember if that was 5 or more years ago now.

Not wishing to prolong the debate but RM could have only started the works once he'd agreed the S.106 agreement with SBC and handed over the pre-commence payment! Now where is the war chest??

Sainsbury are still involved at some level.

I'm confused...because previously you said...

"I know nothing that is "confidential" in relation to FF, simply, I have always believed it would be delivered in some format. It's no surprise that the format has evolved several times in the lead up".........:blush:

I'm confused...because previously you said...

"I know nothing that is "confidential" in relation to FF, simply, I have always believed it would be delivered in some format. It's no surprise that the format has evolved several times in the lead up".........:blush:

What is confusing you? I don't know at what level Sainsbury's are involved, just that they are!

They are involved through British Land who are fronting for Sainsbury. They work with them a lot on big projects. Pretty sure the RH scheme will be re-modelled to have a smaller Sainsbury store and much more housing. Just a guess.

They are involved through British Land who are fronting for Sainsbury. They work with them a lot on big projects. Pretty sure the RH scheme will be re-modelled to have a smaller Sainsbury store and much more housing. Just a guess.

That does seem to be very possible as Sainsbury are by all accounts not completely out of the picture. So smaller Sainsbury hence more needed at Fossetts.

Of course it will be. A huge housing estate with a Sainsbury local plonked in the middle of it.

It seems to me we are pretty much back to where this all started. Sainsburys first showed an interest in the Roots Hall site back in the mid 70s, some 40 years ago when Bill Rubin was Chairman.

Still waiting ... patiently :unsure:

The Echo regularly contact me for interviews but lately I have not returned their calls as I am fed up with the same boring crap.

Let's see some bloody action before I die, please.

Add me to your list Ken ... but don't hold your breath!

The Echo regularly contact me for interviews but lately I have not returned their calls as I am fed up with the same boring crap.

Let's see some bloody action before I die, please.

Agreed Ken, like most of us, I've given up hope. Just some positive news and ACTION is what we all want to see.

Back