• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Also made me laugh that they say the Section 106 agreement will be signed imminently. Hasn't that been the case for the past two years?

By it's very definition, you can't really sign a Section 106 agreement until you know what the developer is intending to build - the terms of the 106 will be relative to what we are now wanting to deliver on FF. It is a moving brief.

one thing that often strikes me is just how big the footprint of Roots Hall is. not just the stadium but the whole area from Victoria Avenue to Shakespeare Drive and from Fairfax to the close and whatever at the southern end.

not strictly relevant i know but it's a really big area

By it's very definition, you can't really sign a Section 106 agreement until you know what the developer is intending to build - the terms of the 106 will be relative to what we are now wanting to deliver on FF. It is a moving brief.

Fair enough, the wording just made me chuckle.

A new resolution to grant will take a few years to obtain considering the increased size of the scheme. I suspect we'll be at Roots Hall for a while!

A new resolution to grant will take a few years to obtain considering the increased size of the scheme. I suspect we'll be at Roots Hall for a while!

Yes that is the way I see it also.

We are essentially starting all over again, with new and massively changed plans set to be submitted and no doubt a long drawn out battle with SBC/Government to come again. What a complete waste of 8 years. Let's hope this time round Ron is more prepared and actually has the necessary ducks and more importantly pound notes in a row.

Oh well at least another 5 seasons at Roots Hall then, probably longer. That will take us up to 20 years since Ron promised us a new ground. Must easily be the longest wait ever for a new ground.

Oh well at least another 5 seasons at Roots Hall then, probably longer. That will take us up to 20 years since Ron promised us a new ground. Must easily be the longest wait ever for a new ground.

Vic had been working on a new ground since about 1984/85. He was still working on it when he sold to RM (the reason he bought Boots and Laces from Access was because he wanted to build a stadium there).

If you add all that, SUFC has been working on it for just over 30 years.

I'll believe it when it happens !! Mr Smug will need even more smarm to get these plans through.

Vic had been working on a new ground since about 1984/85. He was still working on it when he sold to RM (the reason he bought Boots and Laces from Access was because he wanted to build a stadium there).

If you add all that, SUFC has been working on it for just over 30 years.
Yeah I know overall it's longer. But Vic's plans as far as I can remember never even got as far as planning permission.
Ron could have started work on the ground the day after the plans were approved by the Secretary of State, I can't remember if that was 5 or more years ago now.

pity our council cant be proactive like swansea and build the stadium.swansea have gone from tier 4 to prem.i dont think the council wants the stadium

Yeah I know overall it's longer. But Vic's plans as far as I can remember never even got as far as planning permission.
Ron could have started work on the ground the day after the plans were approved by the Secretary of State, I can't remember if that was 5 or more years ago now.

7 years since it was agreed in 2008

pity our council cant be proactive like swansea and build the stadium.swansea have gone from tier 4 to prem.i dont think the council wants the stadium

The council agreed all the plans put before them and even agreed to amended plans when Ron couldnt deliver what he asked for.

The Echo article even suggested that the council were prepared to buy the Roots Hall land.

Not the council's fault. Ron said he would build a stadium and he is still saying he wants to build a stadium. Why would the council agree to build a stadium when a private company has said they will build one. I doubt Ron wants the council to build a stadium!

Swansea built their stadium before the current austerity climate. I listened to a presentation by Andy Lewis, Southend's director for Place or something like that. He said that every day, Government cuts mean the authority has to save £42,000 compared to last year.

Good luck getting them to fund a new stadium!

Exactly, he didn't even get that far. All I'm saying is that the fan base has actually been waiting over 30 years for a new stadium, not just the 10 or so that RM has been involved.

We're a patient lot aren't we!

Swansea built their stadium before the current austerity climate. I listened to a presentation by Andy Lewis, Southend's director for Place or something like that. He said that every day, Government cuts mean the authority has to save £42,000 compared to last year.

Good luck getting them to fund a new stadium!

you all are missing the point the city of swansea benifit from the stadium prem or div

Back