• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I thought tower blocks were back in the day with many being pulled down,they breed poverty,crime and low life simply because the council can sling them into these shiny towers.

Rontown growing into Roncity.

So it's back to square one, government approval needed etc. We will have months/years of nimbys and others making objections. Council leader Woodley could also be a stumbling block. Don't forget, he is a Spurs supporter who said that the Spurs shop "would enhance the high street". This will run and run I'm afraid.

If this is another thing for the government to deal with , they wont be happy.
Cameron will be 'pig' sick....................

I thought tower blocks were back in the day with many being pulled down,they breed poverty,crime and low life simply because the council can sling them into these shiny towers.

That only applies if they are council flats which these wont be.

13 stories sounds far too big, but tower blocks arent a thing of the past if you go closer to London there are lots of brand new appartment blocks going up. With property prices as they are appartments are more in demand than ever.

With Ron not getting the funding from Sainsbury etc he has no choice, hopefully it means a 4 sided stadium too.

Sainsbury are still involved at some level.

UNQ

What does that actually mean ? Presumably you know this for a fact ?

That only applies if they are council flats which these wont be.

13 stories sounds far too big, but tower blocks arent a thing of the past if you go closer to London there are lots of brand new appartment blocks going up. With property prices as they are appartments are more in demand than ever.

With Ron not getting the funding from Sainsbury etc he has no choice, hopefully it means a 4 sided stadium too.

Not sure it will be 4 sided. I think it says something along the lines of a 'phased' stadium up to 21,000 capacity. Maybe we will see some actual new plans soon? Scrap all the old images we have seen before.

I also wonder if this means the retail park will now be built before the new ground. Not sure the flats can be built before the ground as they are going to be part of the new ground.

The whole project is now approx 50% bigger than it was proposed previously, with even more focus on the retail/leisure side (shock)....I can see the Council dragging their heels on this now and even if they give it the green light, it will certainly go to Government level. Expect this to take a long time to get agreed (if it even does)

I think the whole thing is now far too big and out of keeping with the area, bearing in mind this is green belt land that is meant to be for sporting use. Plus the impacts on the immediate area/high street are now just too large for it to be given backing by SBC/Government in my opinion. The road infastructure cannot cope as it is in this area. The objections from local residents/businesses on Sutton Road/Eastern Ave/High Street will be huge and I don't blame them to be fair. I certainly wouldn't want a Bas Vegas 2.0 on my door step. I would expect house prices to drop a fair bit in the immediate vicinity if it gets approved.
Not true, usually when an area is expanded house prices rise, Wembley is a good example.

Just to spice things up, Imax Cinema announced today that they are now going for the Seeway project. 3 Cinema's in one town is far too much. Unless The Odeon gets squeezed out. Mind you, no sympathy for them with their robbing prices of everything. With no competition, they've took the p, and the money.

Not sure it will be 4 sided. I think it says something along the lines of a 'phased' stadium up to 21,000 capacity. Maybe we will see some actual new plans soon? Scrap all the old images we have seen before.

I also wonder if this means the retail park will now be built before the new ground. Not sure the flats can be built before the ground as they are going to be part of the new ground.

Even if the stadium was built in one go the project can still be phased.

The whole point of being 3 sided we because funding wasnt there, things have changed so I hope that plan has too

Are you a bit simple? read my first post. It tells it as it was in 2008, and now in 2015. How can I expand if I have mentioned all that has been mentioned?

Firstly, why the insult?

Secondly, you tell us that training facilities have been added. All I asked is what training facilities. If you're not able to answer, just say so.

Old style concrete tower blocks maybe a thing of the past but modern day apartment blocks are very much in demand and being built to renegenrate previously rundown areas. Vauxhall and Stratford are both very good examples. Grab a copy of the Standard and you will see just how many are buing built.

I do not know what Ron has in mind but many of these types of apartments are often marketed towards young professionals and include gym and concierge facilities.

Firstly, why the insult?

Secondly, you tell us that training facilities have been added. All I asked is what training facilities. If you're not able to answer, just say so.

Apologies for the insult, but the manner in which you are asking was pushing my buttons. Secondly, I have given all the information I read. If I knew more about the training facilities, I would have said. The clue that I obviously didn't know was when I said 'Training facilities could be inside or outside.'

Apologies for the insult, but the manner in which you are asking was pushing my buttons. Secondly, I have given all the information I read. If I knew more about the training facilities, I would have said. The clue that I obviously didn't know was when I said 'Training facilities could be inside or outside.'

Apology accepted. So the simple answer would have been, "I don't know", instead of being all cryptic.

Either way, at least I now have an answer...

Shame though as I'm actually intrigued as to what they've added.

I can see where you got the info from but the Echo does seem to be missing the point that there were training facilities in 2008, thats why we had to go to Rochford Council to get approved. The dome etc is a changed though so theres certainly extra.

Whats clear is we wont really know until the full plans are revealed.

I am surprised that the tower blocks mentioned in the report could be up to 13 floors. I believe the three tower blocks at the rear of Southend Victoria station are 16 floors, and they seem very tall when driving by. Even Beaver Towers in Eastwood is 12 floors and that looks big. Will the council be keen to endorse buildings of that sort of height?

Back