• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Being called up by England after 3 Premier League starts

Ray Lewington has been watching his son dean play for mk dons for the last couple of years so would have seen what ali can do.

No harm in giving him a go, we've already qualified and there aren't many other candidates whose place he's taking. Although he's only played a few PL games he has a lot of professional experience from his time at MK Dons. But it does sometimes seem like any talented young English player who gets into a Premier League team is automatically called up to the England squad.

On another note, I would have liked Hodgson to give a couple of different centre-backs a go. He tends to pick the same ones from the bigger clubs. Scott Dann and James Tomkins have both had very good starts to the season, whereas Phil Jones has barely kicked a ball for United.

Granted Alli played well.Whether or not he'll do anything special in France remains to be seen.

Stilll thought Rooney was the best English player on view last night.Though I was impressed by Stones.

I wonder if he'll even make the squad when everyone's fit.

Indeed, in midfield there is probably space for 10 players in the squad (of 23. Assuming 3 keepers, 4 strikers, 10 midfielders, 6 defenders)

Fighting for a seat on the plane:
Black = definite (if fit)
Green = likely
Orange = fighting
Red = Unlikely

Fabian Delph
Michael Carrick
James Milner
Alex Oxlade Chamberlain
Andros Townsend
Jack Wilshere
Jordan Henderson
Tom Cleverley
Eric Dier
Dele Alli

Ross Barkley
Raheem Sterling
Jonjo Shelvey
Ryan Mason
Jesse Lingard
Adam Lallana
Theo (could go as a striker)

It's not just Alli, we just called up Jesse Lingard, who's made just 3 Premier League appearances - and one of those was as sub.

Alli may be a good player (and whilst it was a promising start it's early days) but it's pretty shocking that a player only has to make 3 premier league appearances to "earn" a call up.

I was impressed with Eric Dier. He looks like a player.

Indeed, in midfield there is probably space for 10 players in the squad (of 23. Assuming 3 keepers, 4 strikers, 10 midfielders, 6 defenders)

Green = likely
Orange = fighting
Red = Unlikely

Fabian Delph
Michael Carrick
James Milner
Alex Oxlade Chamberlain
Andros Townsend
Jack Wilshere
Jordan Henderson
Tom Cleverley
Eric Dier
Dele Alli

Ross Barkley
Raheem Sterling
Jonjo Shelvey
Ryan Mason
Jesse Lingard
Adam Lallana

Why is Milner a definite?

And I see Lallana as very much on the fringes.

The only definite I see in there is Sterling.

It's not just Alli, we just called up Jesse Lingard, who's made just 3 Premier League appearances - and one of those was as sub.

Alli may be a good player (and whilst it was a promising start it's early days) but it's pretty shocking that a player only has to make 3 premier league appearances to "earn" a call up.

I was impressed with Eric Dier. He looks like a player.

It depends whether you see a call-up as being a reward for a player or whether you want the England manager to pick what he sees as his best squad.

Lingard is a graduate of the U21s so the England team know him well. If they see him as a player for the future then it makes sense to give him some exposure to the squad. He wasn't close to getting on the pitch.

Why is Milner a definite?

And I see Lallana as very much on the fringes.

The only definite I see in there is Sterling.

Milner is versatile (but not particularly brilliant). he can play and cover a number of positions and you wouldn't necessarily be worried about him starting. I'm sure that Roy will take him if he's fit.

Milner is versatile (but not particularly brilliant). he can play and cover a number of positions and you wouldn't necessarily be worried about him starting. I'm sure that Roy will take him if he's fit.

Woy might not be worried if Milner is in the starting line-up, but I would be:'(

Keith Dublin was also versatile and I'd like to think he wasn't in the mix-up for an England call-up.

Woy might not be worried if Milner is in the starting line-up, but I would be:'(

Keith Dublin was also versatile and I'd like to think he wasn't in the mix-up for an England call-up.

What would your first choice team be, right now?

If you pick Dele Alli then I'm calling you out!

What would your first choice team be, right now?

If you pick Dele Alli then I'm calling you out!

For the Euros?

Assuming people are fit and playing well probably something like

Hart
Walker Stones Cahill Shaw
Wilshire
Henderson The Ox
Rooney Sterling
Kane

The only three nailed on for me are Rooney, Sterling and Hart, otherwise it's all up for grabs.

For the Euros?

Assuming people are fit and playing well probably something like

Hart
Walker Stones Cahill Shaw
Wilshire
Henderson The Ox
Rooney Sterling
Kane

The only three nailed on for me are Rooney, Sterling and Hart, otherwise it's all up for grabs.
Oxlaide-Chamberlain as a central midfielder? Much more of a threat and less of a liability defensively out wide.

I'd go:
Hart,
Clyne, Stones, Cahill, Baines,
Henderson, Wilshere,
Sturridge, Rooney, Sterling,
Kane

For the rest of the 23:
Butland, Forster, Jones, Smalling, Shaw, Lallana, Milner, Barkley, Carrick, Oxlaide-Chamberlain, Vardy, Walcott

Would like to see Alli go, but may depend on injuries (of which that group will certainly have some, you can almost nail on Sturridge and Wilshere having some kind of injury, Shaw, Forster and possibly Baines are currently out long term and Carrick picks up a few knocks, add on any others

If all fit:

Hart; Shaw, Smalling, Stones/Cahill, Clyne; Carrick; Henderson, Wilshere/Alli; Sterling, Kane, Rooney.

In the squad: Butland, Forster; Stones/Cahill, Jagielka, Gibbs; Dier, Wilshere/Alli, Barkley, Delph; Walcott, Sturridge, #23

Left the last seat on the plane up for grabs. There's a few players on the fringe - Oxlade-Chamberlain, Jones, Lallana, Vardy and Lingard to name a few. I also really like Ward-Prowse, and you can't deny Welbeck's international record if he can get himself fully fit in time.

Green = likely
Orange = fighting
Red = Unlikely

Fabian Delph
Michael Carrick
James Milner
Alex Oxlade Chamberlain
Andros Townsend
Jack Wilshere
Jordan Henderson
Tom Cleverley
Eric Dier
Dele Alli

Ross Barkley
Raheem Sterling
Jonjo Shelvey
Ryan Mason
Jesse Lingard
Adam Lallana

Interesting, I've never heard of any of them.

:hilarious:

Back