• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Just got back home and here are my thoughts, first half was ok played it nice and neat without ever looking a threat. 2nd half you could tell they had a go at half time and came out fired up . They got the goal and had us under the cosh for 15 minutes . We never really created too much and and the best chance we had piggot never took which is strange as you think after tuesday he would be confident but you knew he was going to miss. Thought oneill had a mare today but hoping it was just a bad day at the office for him. Overall very frustrating and i didnt think burton were that great

Watching those highlights (and no I wasn't there), the own goal by Prosser wasn't one of his finer moments, but these things happen to defenders now and then - remember AB v Cochester a few year ago! It was back luck, so we just need to move on...

on on the upside, Weston breezed passed the Burton defence on several occasions, without even breaking a sweat, so we need to be working on using such a great advantage. Still don't think we need another striker, we just need a decent attacking minded coach!!!!!!!

Prosser cannot defend a low ball into the box. Great with a high ball, but always gets his feet in a muddle with a low ball. So this variation trying to clear a low shot is not a surprise.

On a more positive note, from those highlights it looked like Weston was positive and creative.

Wow, that Prosser own goal was ugly.

Not as ugly as the Burton crest though. Sunday league at best.

If Hunt isn't fit for our next league match we seriously need to dip into the loan market. We need another striking option on the bench.

Embarrassing crowd! If they go up they could have games where there is more away fans than home!
I definitely have been guilty of this in the past but why is it 'embarrassing'? They are a small club punching above their weight what is embarrassing about that?

I hated Rowett but don't mind Hasselbaink and fair play to them they are smashing this league so far.

Worst game of the season so far for me, at least against Walsall we got to watch them play some decent stuff. Really dull game and bad result. Don't think either team was that much better then the other so the own goal being the winner would be about right for our luck.

the whole team can be rounded up with ratings of 6 I'd say, Bolger looked out most solid player for me, done well on the ball and made some key tackles, glad to see his really coming along well. Mooney was invisible, don't remember nothing from him at all during the game, and before Payne come on I was actually thinking it might of been worth giving Williams a go (nothing to lose) Pig was quite aswell but had a couple of decent opportunities and got round the back of their defence a couple of times (surprising considering his not the quickest) he was better then mooney but still not good enough for me. Maybe just a off day for us.

On a more positive note, from those highlights it looked like Weston was positive and creative.

No better or worse than Wozzza - except Weston has no goal threat. On one occasion Weston takes the ball into the box and then shoots wide. You have to hit the target - you have to make the goalie work and you might get lucky with a rebound.

For me Worrall and McLaughlin are still better options.

Highlights of the day = 3 decent pints and a pork pie at the Coopers Tavern

As for the match. Close game but we dont have a finisher!

No better or worse than Wozzza - except Weston has no goal threat. On one occasion Weston takes the ball into the box and then shoots wide. You have to hit the target - you have to make the goalie work and you might get lucky with a rebound.

For me Worrall and McLaughlin are still better options.

Not disagreeing with any of that. Last year Burton away Weston put in one of the worst 'performances' I've ever seen from a Southend player. I predicted it was his last game for us, but happily proven wrong (especially with his assist at Wembley). He's a handy option from the bench.

Does Prosser hold the all time club record for the number of own goals conceded?

Yes he does , but as I mentioned earlier when the Prosser baiting started , he also holds the record for Stopping the most 'goal bound shots when no other bugger was in the right position to make them' !
Sorry , not getting at you , but some on here just can't wait for the guy to make a mistake.
Brown is also in that category , so I expect him to be dropped next week.

Back