• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Looking at the plan I would say the West Stand is still the 'main stand'.
There seems to be a rather large gap between the pitch and the West Stand for some reason.
Also the residential tower blocks seem very narrow and will look a bit odd if they are 13 stories high, it would be nice to see some side on ground level views both inside and outside of the stadium. I thought that was what we were going to be shown at midday? Hopefully more detailed plans will be available to view on the 23/24 Oct.

Also

West Stand is certainly the main stand, it has a big forecourt. There isnt a gap between the stand and the pitch though. The light grey part is surely part of the roof.

Thee may be a few of those there, but I doubt any of them will be Ronald.

I'm sceptical by nature..yet open minded. IMO if RM attends the consultation and consults with the fans, and gives us an idea of how the whole thing is going to operate then i'll give him 100% support. I really don't mind him having a slice of the cake, because he's put his neck on the line and saved the club from certain failure, but i'd like to know how this will benefit SUFC. However, if we are fobbed off with snotty nosed kids that just say "dunno...you need to speak to Ron", then i'm afraid he'll lose all credibility with me, and i'll remain my sceptical self.

I'm sceptical by nature..yet open minded. IMO if RM attends the consultation and consults with the fans, and gives us an idea of how the whole thing is going to operate then i'll give him 100% support. I really don't mind him having a slice of the cake, because he's put his neck on the line and saved the club from certain failure, but i'd like to know how this will benefit SUFC. However, if we are fobbed off with snotty nosed kids that just say "dunno...you need to speak to Ron", then i'm afraid he'll lose all credibility with me, and i'll remain my sceptical self.

The Saturday is an away game. He won't be there. He might be there Friday though.

The Saturday is an away game. He won't be there. He might be there Friday though.

its a shame that they are not also running the show on the Sunday as well . For some fans mid week is a non starter, and then many will be watching the team on the Saturday and therefore will not be able to attend

its a shame that they are not also running the show on the Sunday as well . For some fans mid week is a non starter, and then many will be watching the team on the Saturday and therefore will not be able to attend

It's almost like it was planned that way...

Actually looks like quite a decent masterplan to me. I see no reason why this would generate too many dissenting voices in the Council Chambers., but then I develop stadiums...I'm not a planner.

Parking provision looks massively undercooked for that footprint of stadium imho. I think the Club should be proactively working with the Council to look at the feasibility of delivering park and ride sites on the periphery of town - God only knows the existing road infrastructure is exceeding capacity, and nothing more can be done to relieve the issues on both the 127 and A13.

By the by, the stadium parking looks like grasscrete, so it can actually be used as flexible space quite easily (and it is cheaper than surfacing what is quite a large area).

On the development partner, the involvement of British Land is a hugely positive step - don't suffer fools gladly, and will want to capitalise on any investment opportunity sooner rather than later, as the commercial and residential market is very buoyant in Southend at present, and looks like it will continue on an upward curve for some time to come, which will obviously have a major impact on build cost.

Will you be able to attend the consultation. I think that a number of us would be very interested to hear your views after you had had an opportunity to see more and ask questions. Ii'm sure you would pick up more important information than most (all) of us would

It's almost like it was planned that way...

I wondered that , but then thought 'this is SUFC' , we can't get bullet points correct in the first public doc on the new plans , and the 'masterplan' has two errors/omissions on them (hotel parking--no hotel, flats but no flats parking) so in fairness this is very much BAU for our club

I can tell you already he wont answer that sort of question.

He never has in the past and has always kept it very vague and thats how it will remain. The club will benefit from the increased revenues, but if you ask him to elaborate you wont get far.

I can tell you already he wont answer that sort of question.

He never has in the past and has always kept it very vague and thats how it will remain. The club will benefit from the increased revenues, but if you ask him to elaborate you wont get far.

He won't even tell the rest of the board the answer to that question, so the chances of us getting anything out of him is pretty much zero.

He won't even tell the rest of the board the answer to that question, so the chances of us getting anything out of him is pretty much zero.

I raised the very point at several meetings over many years. The answer was always the same. "The club will benefit from the enabling development " No figures have ever been revealed.

I raised the very point at several meetings over many years. The answer was always the same. "The club will benefit from the enabling development " No figures have ever been revealed.

What does he mean by enabling development? He certainly doesn't mean the retail development because that is his. He may mean the flats etc, but who actually knows? And once they're sold there'll be no further income from them. So how does SUFC benefit in the long term? What extra revenue streams will SUFC benefit from?

All I can see is that the benefit will be from more match day revenue by way of the bars and concessions in general, and maybe public use of the dome. It may also benefit from the conference facilities etc being used all year round. I may have missed something, but other than that I can't see where SUFC benefit from extra revenue streams because they sure as hell won't benefit from the sale of Roots Hall or the retail park.

The old design was a bit different and could have been iconic. This one looks like every other soulless out of town dump that most clubs endure now

Looking at the plan I would say the West Stand is still the 'main stand'.
There seems to be a rather large gap between the pitch and the West Stand for some reason.
Also the residential tower blocks seem very narrow and will look a bit odd if they are 13 stories high, it would be nice to see some side on ground level views both inside and outside of the stadium. I thought that was what we were going to be shown at midday? Hopefully more detailed plans will be available to view on the 23/24 Oct.

West Stand is certainly the main stand, it has a big forecourt. There isnt a gap between the stand and the pitch though. The light grey part is surely part of the roof.

My guess is that you're right, and it's an opaque section of the roof to allow the sunlight to reach the grass.

Will you be able to attend the consultation. I think that a number of us would be very interested to hear your views after you had had an opportunity to see more and ask questions. Ii'm sure you would pick up more important information than most (all) of us would

Possibly, although I/we have tried to get a foothold on this project in the past to no avail, so I'm not sure how the powers that be at SUFC would take to my attendance!

Go in disguise �� sherif H

sheriff_costume_167.jpg

Back