• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I don't know if it's just me but I was wondering if the small blue object outside the West stand and the two above the North stand which look as though they're in a bus stop are supposed to be Arriva buses and are planned to start new routes to serve the stadium?

Possibly, although I/we have tried to get a foothold on this project in the past to no avail, so I'm not sure how the powers that be at SUFC would take to my attendance!

I've checked out the invite Sherif, and nowhere does it state that you are not welcome. So fill your boots young man.

My guess is that you're right, and it's an opaque section of the roof to allow the sunlight to reach the grass.

Might be because the hotel is that side and the pitch facing facade will have meeting rooms/exec boxes opening on to pitch- so to much overhang on the stand may affect natural light/ambience for the users..

On the other hand as a layman I could be talking complete nonsense..

Great that we finally have someone behind that has some clout to actually get it off the ground. I have a feeling that this may hold some sway when the council make any decisions.

What i would like to see is some actual information on the stadium itself. I mean a very vague arial shot and a capacity of 21k is hardly lots of info.

At least the old design had detailed images of what the stadium will look like etc

Great that we finally have someone behind that has some clout to actually get it off the ground. I have a feeling that this may hold some sway when the council make any decisions.

Indeed, there will probably be some on the Council who will look at British Land's deep pockets and think we better get a bigger s106 bung in return for approving this.

Indeed, there will probably be some on the Council who will look at British Land's deep pockets and think we better get a bigger s106 bung in return for approving this.

Bung? You seriously consider a S106 to be a bung? I don't. I consider it a bribe.

Possibly, although I/we have tried to get a foothold on this project in the past to no avail, so I'm not sure how the powers that be at SUFC would take to my attendance!

Yes, I shot the Sherif. Bring it on for round two, but be warned, I will only tell you what I don't mind you knowing. I live in a rob Peter to pay Paul, cloak and dagger world. Only I will ever know what's really going on.
Regards
Bouffant.
_58223636_ron_martin_two.jpg

Yes, I shot the Sherif. Bring it on for round two, but be warned, I will only tell you what I don't mind you knowing. I live in a rob Peter to pay Paul, cloak and dagger world. Only I will ever know what's really going on.
Regards
Bouffant.
_58223636_ron_martin_two.jpg

More like robbing Peter and knocking Paul

What i would like to see is some actual information on the stadium itself. I mean a very vague arial shot and a capacity of 21k is hardly lots of info.

At least the old design had detailed images of what the stadium will look like etc

The block on the plan which constitutes the stadium is perhaps indicative of the importance of this element in the context of the masterplan - i.e. from a revenue perspective to the developers, it is of miniscule importance...

I'm hoping the away fans will be in the North end so us Southstanders can go in the new Southstand in the shade from the sun (when it's out that is):loyalsupporter::loyalsupporter:

I'm hoping the away fans will be in the North end so us Southstanders can go in the new Southstand in the shade from the sun (when it's out that is):loyalsupporter::loyalsupporter:

If you are in the South Stand, then you will be in the sun?

The new ground was going to be in a bowl to minimize the noise to the cemetery .......anything on the new plans?

I can tell you already he wont answer that sort of question.

He never has in the past and has always kept it very vague and thats how it will remain. The club will benefit from the increased revenues, but if you ask him to elaborate you wont get far.

As a director he should do what's in the best interests of the company, not for him personally. How can he expect anyone to get behind a plan, when he won't tell us how it affects our beloved football club ?

Is anyone else concerned that we have only been shown aerial plans of the new stadium?

I am worried this development just be a painting of a stadium on some tarmac and as such be totally unsuitable for league football.

Back