• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Joe Cole signs on loan to Coventry

mattitouk

Life President
Do you think thats a good signing for Coventry, or a waste of money? he clearly cant cut it in the Premiership any longer. But will he set league one on fire or will is he just way past his prime now?

Can Coventry get the best out of him ? Not a chance, and certainly not worth the wages he is on, even villa got excited when they signed him, how funny.

if they play to his strengths then maybe. if they play him in the hole with the team round him and don't ask him to track back i'd say there's a chance but doubt he'll be much good wide left

i hope he does well

Definitely a case of the player he could have been with Joe Cole. Some of his early West Ham/Chelsea performances were brilliant. Could have solved England's left sided issue too

Definitely a case of the player he could have been with Joe Cole. Some of his early West Ham/Chelsea performances were brilliant. Could have solved England's left sided issue too

A nice story about Joe Cole. When Mitchell Cole died (i.e. his brother-in-law) he bought his sister a new house and car so that she wouldn't have to worry financially whilst she brought up three kids. (I believe Mitchell died whilst she was still pregnant.)

A nice story about Joe Cole. When Mitchell Cole died (i.e. his brother-in-law) he bought his sister a new house and car so that she wouldn't have to worry financially whilst she brought up three kids. (I believe Mitchell died whilst she was still pregnant.)

I never knew MC was his brother-in-law. Good on JC for this.

I never knew MC was his brother-in-law. Good on JC for this.

Yes, I think he's played in several of the testimonial/memorial type matches for him too. I believe that Alan McCormack or his missus is also connected to the family so he's another that's been quite involved with helping Mitchell's wife and children out.

Now signed permanently for Coventry, good deal for them.

Has he done much for them since being on loan?
1 goal, 1 assist in 8 games. Yet to last 90 minutes for them but they must think he's worth having around.

Was it a permanent deal or just a loan extension? I thought I only heard on Sky Sports News that he is only staying until the end of this season?

Was it a permanent deal or just a loan extension? I thought I only heard on Sky Sports News that he is only staying until the end of this season?
Free transfer, assume his contract is only until the end of the season then

Back