• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I was going to ask when that was and who scored
Just telling my lad about winning in the 92nd minute? and going mental 1994-6 roughly? - I thought it was Gills! - now I remember - Maher?
Have been forced in the home end in the past as was always all ticket.
1600 plus tomorrow
I'm bringing 5 along - all coming out the woodwork for this

Do SUFC have one of the better away attendances in league 1/2? It seems I often read on here that around 1k consistently turn up to away games which does seem very impressive.

Massive respect to you all!
Doubt we will take 1000+ to many games this season due to the northern nature of this league. Last season i think we had the 4th or 5th best away support in League 2 which isn't bad at all.

Do SUFC have one of the better away attendances in league 1/2? It seems I often read on here that around 1k consistently turn up to away games which does seem very impressive.

Massive respect to you all!
Nope too many Northern games especially Tuesday night games. We are probably in lower half of the table for away support.

Our average away support this season is about 510. If we take 1,250 to Gillingham that pushes it up to about 600. I have not got many details for other teams but I know even some of the 'smaller' clubs have taken some pretty impressive away followings to their games in League 1 (North).

Far too narrow. Opposition wingers in acres of space lately. An overlapping fullback added and we struggling.

Fortunately, Gillingham don't play with wingers. Their gaffer, Justin Edinburgh, his game plan is packing the team with Centre midfielders. Their hold midfield is just Centre mids, no wide players at all. But they do have Jermaine McGlashan as a 'super sub' if you like.

my pals are going from Tilbury on the boat to Gravesend then 15 mins on the train

This is a brilliant idea! Think I might do the same. Anyone know if it's free parking on the Tilbury side? Google earth appears to indicate that you park on the pontoon itself.

£5 return on the ferry and about the same for a return from Gravesend to Gillingham.

Gillingham are undefeated in 9 home games. They have scored 18 goals from midfield mostly and Egan has popped up to put one in. Bradley Dack is a good player in midfield scored 7. Deegan or someone will need to sit on him and stop him playing. Their 3 forwards have scored 10 goals but 2 of them may be doubtful to play ( Cody Mc Donald- foot injury and Norris- longer term ankle ) . Lofts the club captain is also injured and Josh White was red carded on Tuesday, so they will have to make changes. Might be a good time to take them on. They were poor in midweek though scraping an injury time winner and admitted deserved no points against Scunthorpe. Edinburgh will fire them up after such a poor display. They are exceptional quick going forward especially the two very quick wing backs, a young side, but not so great on the back foot. They will be bombing forward at White and Cokes who will have to be very savvy to cope
I still think we can pull off a result. As the league leaders they are getting used to teams forming up to defend like crazy

I was going to ask when that was and who scored
Just telling my lad about winning in the 92nd minute? and going mental 1994-6 roughly? - I thought it was Gills! - now I remember - Maher?
Have been forced in the home end in the past as was always all ticket.
1600 plus tomorrow
I'm bringing 5 along - all coming out the woodwork for this

I think that was 97. Boere and Regis Coubault in quick succession in injury time after we had trailed for 88 minutes.

I remember us winning there in about 1998 in the League Cup. I think we were 1-0 up from the first leg (the great OG when two Gills defenders went up for the same ball, knocked the ball into the top corner and each other out and had to finish with 10 men) and Adrian Clarke scored late on the break.

This is a brilliant idea! Think I might do the same. Anyone know if it's free parking on the Tilbury side? Google earth appears to indicate that you park on the pontoon itself.

£5 return on the ferry and about the same for a return from Gravesend to Gillingham.

Me too! Looking forward to it. Im most likely on the the 12:12 or 12:42 ferry, a couple of jars at the Three Daws before heading off to the game.

Anyone know what final day ticket sales for this was? Someone posted around noon that we have already sold 1000, i can only guess that it was up to 1100+ by closing time, I will personally be buying on the day, as will a few friends of mine, just wondering if I should get there early as I read that they had a ticket disaster at their last game at Scunthorpe and people got into the game 15 minutes late.. added to that the away stand holds 1500, so we must be close to filling it.

Anyone know what final day ticket sales for this was? Someone posted around noon that we have already sold 1000, i can only guess that it was up to 1100+ by closing time, I will personally be buying on the day, as will a few friends of mine, just wondering if I should get there early as I read that they had a ticket disaster at their last game at Scunthorpe and people got into the game 15 minutes late.. added to that the away stand holds 1500, so we must be close to filling it.
Final ticket sale figure at 3pm today was 1,034
Probably 200 or so people will pay on the day?

Loved this from a Gills message board:

Joe Pigott..

I didn't know he played for them. That puts the fear of god into me as whenever terrible players come back to Priestfield, they always score - Bas Savage any one? They must have a pretty weak squad if the have the likes of Weston, Barrett and Piggot in their midst - not saying Barrett wasn't a great player for us, but was not really up to this level of football a couple of years ago.

I just hope the inevitable doesn't happen that Piggott scores and Weston has his one stonking game of the month.

Rumours at this end the town end gonna be closed to home fans, if true you could get up to 3000 total on the day

Another way to get there

I believe you can also get to Gillingham from Stratford International which may suit people who already have train passes from working in the City. Takes about 36 minutes. May have to change at Ebbsfleet. Dont know cost though.
You may also meet some Chelsea/ West Ham at Stratford.

Last edited:

As far as I'm aware it free parking and yes you park right by the river!

rigsby;1798425. Unfortunately for us the Pier has an event on this Saturday so is closed from 5:30. They would not allow us to dock in the evening as they are using the trains. I said we could walk but that's not allowed in the dark under H&S. .[/QUOTE said:
Good old H & S!. Whatever happened to common sense?. Do they expect people to fall over the side?. Never saw any accidents waling back down there many times at dusk in 'the good old days'!.

I think that was 97. Boere and Regis Coubault in quick succession in injury time after we had trailed for 88 minutes.

I remember us winning there in about 1998 in the League Cup. I think we were 1-0 up from the first leg (the great OG when two Gills defenders went up for the same ball, knocked the ball into the top corner and each other out and had to finish with 10 men) and Adrian Clarke scored late on the break.

Certainly won there in our promo to the championship a few years ago. Think Bentley scored twice from memory.

Yes was def 1997/98 season. I was talking to Regis Coulbault about this the other day.

Back