• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mobile View

i finally worked out how to get the mobile view on my phone when i was on the way to Gillingham but once i'd done it i couldn't post anything.

any ideas what i was doing wrong?

anyone? please?

I have SZ on my Samsung mobile running Android o/s. I use internet explorer on the phone and get SZ through that. I can see the full site and I can post and award likes etc. I can't find anything in the FAQs which tells me what the mobile view is, or how to get it. How did you find it on your phone?

in the bottom left hand corner of (i think) every page there's a style choose option and i changed it there.
using the normal view on my phone is not really possible coz it's all so small

in the bottom left hand corner of (i think) every page there's a style choose option and i changed it there.
using the normal view on my phone is not really possible coz it's all so small

Yep, found it now. I'd never tried the mobile style and it's certainly better for viewing, but lacking some of the functionality of the main site. From what I could see if you navigate to ShrimperZone Chitchat for example, there is a chevron, >, next to each post. If you highlight that by pressing it, you should be taken to the main body of the post. At the bottom of the post there should be a oblong dialog box which says 'reply to thread'. There is also a 'new Thread' dialogue box at the top of each page.

Yep, found it now. I'd never tried the mobile style and it's certainly better for viewing, but lacking some of the functionality of the main site. From what I could see if you navigate to ShrimperZone Chitchat for example, there is a chevron, >, next to each post. If you highlight that by pressing it, you should be taken to the main body of the post. At the bottom of the post there should be a oblong dialog box which says 'reply to thread'. There is also a 'new Thread' dialogue box at the top of each page.

managed all that but once i typed the text in the box to reply to the thread nothing happened

When you type your message, can you see the 'Post Quick Reply' dialogue box underneath the message? If you can, a quick touch and it should post your message.

Try it with another browser. If you are still having issues I will look further into it for you.

Back