• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Football Manager 16

I started with 442 then the 424, then I changed to a 4231 and went on an amazing run and won 9 on the trot, then lost my amc so changed to 41221 and won the play offs.

Everyone still moaned I played a lone striker though on FMShrimperzone :)

:hilarious:
brilliant!

i've got the Beta but i've decided to have a look around the game before starting one with Southend.

i've started an AC Milan game and they are a cracking pick - champions league squad but the expectation is only to get into the Europa league.
i've got a nice 433 thing going which i never usually do

WTF.

Bentley wouldnt accept a new contract all year and then left end of season.

No tribunal fee for me then.

One of the first things I did was sign a new contract with Bentley, with Hunt forcing a move, it gave me the available wages, and he's mine until 2018 at least.

Deegan is now on about his 22nd/23rd Cruciate Ligament injury. The most frustrating thing for me is I can't seem to be able to sell players, I've agreed numerous fees for the likes of Weston, Atkinson, Deegan, etc, but they never agree terms with the buying club, and most have been same league and clubs considered equal or bigger in size to us. So I can't free up any money for further signings than the two at the beginning of the season.

As far as form, I'm in 6th place, about 6/7 pts off automatics, but I'm going through a really wobbly patch and my away form is dog. I'm in March, and think it's going to be too much of a stretch to stay in the play offs, gutting really as I've comfortably been in them since October. That said, I beat Scumchester twice, 2-0 away, and 3-1 at home, so there is that. Mooney, Mclaughlin, Coker, O'Neill & Bentley have been the main men, in a 4-1-2-2-1 formations, one DM, and two AW's supporting the lone striker.

Constantly paying fees to Colchester for every 25 games Wordsworth plays is annoying too. How can that be when we signed him as a free agent, having been at Ipswich?!

No I didnt raise the data issues.

Never had an issue with Deegan.

PLayed 3 seasons, play off winners first year, relegated 2nd season (my first ever relegation in 23 years of playing FM!), and won League One 3rd year.

Bought Le Fondre in the 3rd year and he was immense.

Full game now out and available.

Hunt now on £3k per week, still seems excessive but far more realistic than £6k.

Into November now in my first season, had a great start and went 7 unbeaten in the league to start the season, albeit with 4 of those being draws, but have since fallen and lost form, currently sitting 14th having just ended my run of 5 games without a win.

Sold Atkinson to Gateshead on a free, and signed Shane Griffin, Alex Kiwomya and Jerome Sinclair all on loan. None of them have really featured that much from the start, other than Griffin who's covering for the injured Coker, and Sinclair has scored 3 in the last 2 games which were his first starts.

Wordsworth, Mooney, Coker and McLaughlin have all picked up injuries which have kept them out for at least a month, Wordsworth and Coker are both three months, which is pretty frustrating, and signed Tommy O'Sullivan on loan to cover for Wordsworth as he conveniently got injured the day after I sold Atkinson.

Dan refuses to discuss a new deal and I doubt that'll change, and Noel Hunt complained about a lack of first team action after 3 starts and 2 sub appearances in the first 7 games, which seemed a bit excessive, particularly as Payne and Pigott scored 5 between them in the last 4 games up front together.

High point so far is definitely beating Colchester 3-0 away from home in the first round of the JPT.

Last edited:
I'll probably get this in the New Year after they've addressed some of the bugs.

It is a really bad game though. I fail to see how anyone has got any enjoyment from the last few games.... They're just so joyless.

I'll probably get this in the New Year after they've addressed some of the bugs.

It is a really bad game though. I fail to see how anyone has got any enjoyment from the last few games.... They're just so joyless.

I've felt this way for years but the Classic/Touch, whatever they call it, feels a lot more CM01/02. I blame the 3D pitch and 'interactions' (which aren't in the stripped down version, hurrah) for the death of the game as being immersive.

i really like all the crazy detail myself. it takes ages to get through but i like it. maybe i should try to condensed version on a hangover day to really get the right feel of it

This game is gonna take some getting used to, first game away at Doncaster and lost 6-0 playing 4-4-2. Played Ipswich in capital cup and won 3-2 in extra time playing 3-5-2:'(

There is stuff in there thats crap, like repetitive interviews. I really dont want to do the same interviews a thousand times thanks, but if you set you assistant manager to do the boring stuff it gets rid of it.

The cut down versions are too shallow for my liking, I prefer the full game, with the Assistant manager taking away the repetitive stuff.

Not playing 16 yet as I only really got going on 15 a few months ago.

Really getting into the game , probably for the first time for 5 years or so, 3 seasons in with SUFC and after a steady first season and a bad patch where I was a week from the sack, I got back to back promotions , winning league one !

See how the Championship works out this weekend.

Chaps

You boys need to get on this formation as described here.

Its a bit alien to me but bloody hell it works well

http://soccerlens.com/football-manager-2016-tactics/184473/

I got Burnley promoted in my first season and I currently sit top of the prem in year two with six games to go....To be honest i didnt use the false nine but I got Charlie Austin as a poacher and again he has been superb.

Adam Barrett clearly isn't rated by the guy who does the ratings for us, in the winter update he's now rated as "a leading Vanarama National League player". Seeing as Adam Thompson is also listed as a right back, it makes a new game quite tough to start off with.

Back