• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Just another Winding up petition

How does it work for away tickets ? A club sends us a load of tickets for our game at their place, we sell them. We then have to pay the home club. Do we get a percentage for the work involved selling them and, possibly, credit card charges ?

I would expect it to be handled by the Football League to avoid disputes between clubs and to provide leverage on clubs to pay promptly-ish. No idea if this is the case or not but it makes sense with every club only having to deal with one party - the League.

we had this a few years ago IIRC. in our darkest hour when we stopped paying the players. We also stopped paying away teams the ticket money that we had collected from our supporters attending the away fixture. The football league stepped in. It also (again IIRC) resulted in a loan player being recalled by his club because we had not passed on ticket money to them for an away league game.

I would guess that at some point we have paid everything possible as late as humanly possilbe

we had this a few years ago IIRC. in our darkest hour when we stopped paying the players. We also stopped paying away teams the ticket money that we had collected from our supporters attending the away fixture. The football league stepped in. It also (again IIRC) resulted in a loan player being recalled by his club because we had not passed on ticket money to them for an away league game.

I would guess that at some point we have paid everything possible as late as humanly possilbe

Standard practice for many businesses.

Why is this still 'Breaking News' three weeks after the OP. Can I presume the usual posters who have got their own agenda in mind rather than the interest of the club are influencing this site?:nope:

So...was it paid ? Are we in the clear ? I mean...it's only the future of our beloved footy club at stake ! :sad:

Well yes when innocent individuals and their families have been shafted. morals mate. our chairman hasn't any

What innocent individuals and families have been shafted here then???

So...was it paid ? Are we in the clear ? I mean...it's only the future of our beloved footy club at stake ! :sad:

Our club or not, we have no divine right to know the outcome I'm afraid. You have to reckon that if we were in the manure still over this then Chris Phillips would be sniffing and running an article on it. This is not the first time recently that we have flirted with the Courts and HMRC and we don't get to know the outcomes because the 'Club' sorts it. As long as the players and management team are getting paid, then life goes on I think.

For those who love bad news I suggest supporting Bolton and Oldham- sadly neither have had enough funds to pay their players this week.

We got into serious trouble dropping from the Championship to L2 and due a historic HRMC debt- it was truly painful and worrying. However, over the last 2-3 years we seem to have done a pretty good job of pulling it around all be it with a few repeats of the current scenario.

I am aware there are still people out their who fantasise football clubs in the lower leagues make money- they invariably do the opposite and more often than not its the owner or owners that end up massively out of pocket- as well as generally abused for the privilege..

Our club or not, we have no divine right to know the outcome I'm afraid. You have to reckon that if we were in the manure still over this then Chris Phillips would be sniffing and running an article on it. This is not the first time recently that we have flirted with the Courts and HMRC and we don't get to know the outcomes because the 'Club' sorts it. As long as the players and management team are getting paid, then life goes on I think.

I think we'll have to agree to disagree on this one. Many have bought season tickets and are shareholders and have every right in my opinion. I would hate one day to be sat here wondering why we said (or did) nothing after we go bust, because the powers that be didn't manage to ""sort it" at the 11th hour. All our hopes are on the new ground, which is currently at Square One. How long can we survive like this ? I've said before, I guarantee that if results weren't going our way then there would be uproar on here...but us football supporters are a fickle bunch.

I think we'll have to agree to disagree on this one. Many have bought season tickets and are shareholders and have every right in my opinion. I would hate one day to be sat here wondering why we said (or did) nothing after we go bust, because the powers that be didn't manage to ""sort it" at the 11th hour. All our hopes are on the new ground, which is currently at Square One. How long can we survive like this ? I've said before, I guarantee that if results weren't going our way then there would be uproar on here...but us football supporters are a fickle bunch.

We're probably not disagreeing as such, I'm only stating what happens based on habit and custom where Southend United and bills are concerned.

I dont know if it's un-normally early this time of year, but surely clubs either make their profit / loss status after the calender year or the fiscal year.

Anyway, what with looking at the below recent BBC news:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34977896

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34973215

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34975961

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34965953

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34976354

After reading those above articles, where clubs from the Championship, Division 1, Division 2, & even the National Conference are hugely in debt (well at least by my personal standards).

Im wondering, if anyone knows, what our own club is currently in debt by? Im guessing it's more than Forest Green Rovers though.

Back