• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

wally4pm

Old Timer
Has anyone else noticed the number of errors that regularly appear in the club programme?

Take the Rochdale programme for example and check these out:

Page 4 4th line "...at our local ricals Gillingham"....
Page 9 & Page 61 & elsewhere in the programme - Bristol Rovers at Roots Hall on Tuesday 10th November. (Its on Wednesday the 11th)
Page 20 Gillingham 0 Southend 3 (If only)

Other spelling mistakes and absolutely no mention that the game at Sheffield United is subject to them not having the game postponed due to international call ups when giving ticket details on Page 9. ( I still don't know if it is definitely on or not!)

Surely the final edition should be proof read for accuracy before publishing?

Has anyone else noticed the number of errors that regularly appear in the club programme?

Page 9 & Page 61 & elsewhere in the programme - Bristol Rovers at Roots Hall on Tuesday 10th November. (Its on Wednesday the 11th)

Other spelling mistakes and absolutely no mention that the game at Sheffield United is subject to them not having the game postponed due to international call ups when giving ticket details on Page 9. ( I still don't know if it is definitely on or not!)

The programme has always had errors and second half of last season and this season has been poor on that front. Maybe could do with somebody else proof reading, as I think Warren the media guy who puts it all together is the one who proofs it too. The downside of having a one man media department.

The Rovers game was only changed on Friday I think, so would have been after the print deadline for the programme.

You need to get a life mate

Every football programme is full of mistakes - it's not Southend only. They do need to sort it out though - it seems to get worse all the time

You need to get a life mate
Don't be so disrespectful. Some people spend £3 and expect something of reasonable quality.
I presume you told someone that you have done 72 league grounds and they responded in the same way you did.

The best one from Saturday is that Sheff Utd tickets go on sale on 20th November, this for a game to be played on the 14th.

I noticed in the Barnsley programme that in the results section they draw at Doncaster had become 1-1 and Coker was given a goal against crawley in the review of the jpt game

The programme has always contained myriad errors - but it's a lot better than it was back in the 90s and 00s. It's the price you pay for paying one guy peanuts to do all the media work.

Those of you who read the last All At Sea will have seen Hemel Hempstead Shrimper's article on a programme from 1998 which described the former England World Cup winning captain as Booby Moore and prostrated negotiations in the boardroom.

Some errors can be overlooked and forgiven due to the tight print deadlines but unfortunately the Rochdale programme was especially poor. The real gripe I had is that for the Chesterfield and Gillingham reviews we were listed as Sounthend United!

Rochdale Programme: In the Gillingham review, apart from the dream-like scoreline, they've misspelled "Southend" and in the previous games, the first one is: "Southend 0-1 Barnsley".

Bring back the 1975-76 programmes.

Typed by Mrs Miggins in her study and photocopied at Woolworths in the High Street...

... and all for only 5p.

We never had it so good! :thumbsup:

I stopped buying programmes a long time ago. £3 for ghost-written programme notes (if you think the manager/captain write these themselves I'm afraid you're sorely mistaken), adverts and a load of puff where the most insight you get is what players have for breakfast. Grim. It's a football-wide problem, not just SUFC.

Mistakes have always been plentiful but that's more to do with the fact that at most football clubs there's one poor, underpaid and overworked guy running the media department.

Mistakes have always been plentiful but that's more to do with the fact that at most football clubs there's one poor, underpaid and overworked guy running the media department.

I remember Scriven's typos.

ps I think manager's notes started being ghostwritten around 2000. There's no way Colin Murphy's were.

I remember Scriven's typos.

ps I think manager's notes started being ghostwritten around 2000. There's no way Colin Murphy's were.

I doubt there is anyone on this planet as talented as him at turning what is essentially a simple piece of prose into a jumbled mass of words that, by some luck, aren't quite as random as a they could have been.

I choose to ignore the stupid remark made by Calvin Candie but it is refreshing to see that a number of posters agree with me. All I was doing was highlighting the numerous errors which a professional football club should not really be making. I was not intentionally trying to belittle any particular person responsible. I just want to give a wake up call to get it improved.

Back