• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Oh this such old news :dim:

THE PROGRAMME
Sir – A regular supporter of Southend United I should like to protest against the increased charge for programmes. However having paid two pence for a programme we do not expect to read that “Sayles was the most effective of the two backs” and that “he is hurt more serious than was at first thought”. Although we do not expect literary gems for two-pence we are entitled to expect that the elementary rules of grammar should be complied with. No half time results were also put up.
From the Southend Standard 6th September 1923

The standard commented that the Club did not control the price of the programme and that it was the printers that determined the price.

I always call Swindon Town by their typo name from an old programme. Good old Swindow Yown!

"Typed by Mrs Miggins in her study and photocopied at Woolworths in the High Street..."

Is that the same Mrs Miggins who used to run a Pie Shop?

The programme has always contained myriad errors - but it's a lot better than it was back in the 90s and 00s. It's the price you pay for paying one guy peanuts to do all the media work.

Those of you who read the last All At Sea will have seen Hemel Hempstead Shrimper's article on a programme from 1998 which described the former England World Cup winning captain as Booby Moore and prostrated negotiations in the boardroom.

Spot on edster. Without a load of errors in the programme, I'm not sure what i'd write about in my AAS programme reviews!

You can only right so much about *that* Universal Cycles advert :stunned:

Spot on edster. Without a load of errors in the programme, I'm not sure what i'd write about in my AAS programme reviews!

You can only right so much about *that* Universal Cycles advert :stunned:

Please tell me that was on purpose.

Back