• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Twitter says online sales suspended for 15 mins, that was 7 mins ago, will advise of any tickets available soon, I do hope they haven't sold more online than they actually have !!!!!!

Gives them a chance to properly assess all the comps that were on standby and see if they need to be sold! :winking:

I think it's out of order if they sold 20 to one guy at the ticket office plus the twitter feed said max 2 tickets online but in reality you could buy unlimited amounts.

Yep just been in ticket office. No online sales anymore. Not many left looked alot less than 200 maybe about 50.

Why? Would seem logical to manage things on a person to person basis now we are reaching the limit to the allocation?
Because of all the online offline online offline again nonsense, just set aside 50/50 split between online and in person sales plus DO NOT sell 20 tickets to one person, that's bang out of order. Earlier twitter feed stated 2 per person but people have been buying more in one go online. Just smacks of incompetence to me, set a fair policy for all and stick to it.

, so family +well I got em. got down to RH about 08:10 no one there so we went for a coffee came back about 08:40, about 4 in the queue. ticket office let us in out of the cold about 09:10, about 10 or so in the queue. by the time they started selling tickets about 40 in the queue. got my 5 tickets no messing about, so family +1 will be going to Colchester. Now about parking.........

I brought 3 at the ticket office. Guy in front brought like 20 odd.

Get in quick peeps.

They are not going to last long.

I also asked about additional tickets being arranged and wasn't given a definite no.

I know demand is large for tickets, but if we've said publicly on Twitter that there's a MAXIMUM of 2 per person, then how have we managed to sell 20 odd tickets to 1 person? Why aren't our ticket office enforcing this maximum of 2 per 1 person rule? Unless he had to name the people who he needed tickets for before ticketing staff, or the other people he had to buy for were there in person?

Sorry to sound like such a moaning git, but seeing as there are a lot of supporters who are struggling to get tickets for this game, it seems quite unfair and ridiculous that the club are putting a 2 per person rule in, and then letting people buy more than 2 tickets each

I predicted that the remainder of tickets would've been sold by the end of the 1st day of general sale even before the additional tickets went on sale, but at this rate, I'd be very surprised if they lasted longer than a couple of hours, as they're in massive demand. Hopefully the club can try and liaise with Col Ewe and increase our allocation to hopefully help deal with the current high demand for away tickets - last thing I'm sure both clubs want is away fans being in the home end.

I know demand is large for tickets, but if we've said publicly on Twitter that there's a MAXIMUM of 2 per person, then how have we managed to sell 20 odd tickets to 1 person? Why aren't our ticket office enforcing this maximum of 2 per 1 person rule? Unless he had to name the people who he needed tickets for before ticketing staff, or the other people he had to buy for were there in person?

Sorry to sound like such a moaning git, but seeing as there are a lot of supporters who are struggling to get tickets for this game, it seems quite unfair and ridiculous that the club are putting a 2 per person rule in, and then letting people buy more than 2 tickets each

I predicted that the remainder of tickets would've been sold by the end of the 1st day of general sale even before the additional tickets went on sale, but at this rate, I'd be very surprised if they lasted longer than a couple of hours, as they're in massive demand. Hopefully the club can try and liaise with Col Ewe and increase our allocation to hopefully help deal with the current high demand for away tickets - last thing I'm sure both clubs want is away fans being in the home end.

Tbf the tweet from the club about numbers came out after the purchase of 20 odd . That said I also got 3 before the tweet. Can't vouch for after.

And on their part ;

The South Stand is selling quickly for the U's Boxing Day derby clash against Southend United.

This is ahead of usual rates of sales and it is highly likely that the South Stand will sell out in advance of kick-off for the first match against the Shrimpers in over five years.

As of this week, there were only 500 tickets left for the popular stand, with the game on December 26th just over a month away.

There's more ;

Colchester United have defended the decision to increase Southend United’s ticket allocation for the Boxing Day derby.
The Shrimpers were initially given 1,700 seats for next month’s all-Essex showdown, at the Weston Homes Community Stadium.
But after that North Stand allocation was quickly snapped up, Southend requested more seats to be made available for their fans.

And the U’s have granted their county neighbours a further 550 tickets for the League One clash, following talks between the two clubs yesterday.

The seats will be situated in blocks E1 and E2 next to the North Stand, where the bulk of the Shrimpers fans will be based.
U’s general manager Tim Waddington told the Daily Gazette: “We had always earmarked a potential increase in seats being made available for away fans.
“Southend have taken up their initial allocation which is what we expected and we’ve held sensible talks with them.
“Clearly, we don’t want to sell seats that our own fans will want to buy.
“We would rather our own fans were in the East Stand but it’s a case of balancing things up and doing the sensible thing.
“The first option is to have Colchester fans in seats in any game but at the same time, we can’t leave seats empty when they can be filled.

[h=4]Promoted stories[/h]

“It’s a good opportunity for us to fill up the ground and hopefully get three points.”
The Boxing Day clash will be the first time that Colchester have hosted Southend at the Community Stadium since February, 2010, with a bumper turnout expected.
The game is scheduled to kick off at 3pm and the Daily Gazette understands that the kick-off is unlikely to be moved to an earlier time.
Waddington said: “It’s been several years since we had an Essex derby like this at the stadium and there are bragging points to be earned.
“I think we’ll be there or thereabouts, in terms of the game being a sell-out.”
Meanwhile the U’s have also defended their ticketing prices for next month’s FA Cup second-round tie against Altrincham.
Advanced adult ticket prices for the match have been set at £16.50, following agreement between the two clubs, with that price rising to £20 on matchday.
Share article
http://www.gazette-news.co.uk/my/account/emailthispage/http://www.gazette-news.co.uk/sport/colchesterunited/14039576.print/

Waddington added: “There’s a model in place for cup ticketing prices and that hasn’t changed.
“The home club sets the price and then agrees that price with the away club.”

Whatever happens it is great to have this much interest in the game so long before the day itself, far better than some game against a team 200 odd miles away that nobody realy gives a monkeys about. The Essex derby is back!

Whatever happens it is great to have this much interest in the game so long before the day itself, far better than some game against a team 200 odd miles away that nobody realy gives a monkeys about. The Essex derby is back!

The interest is from the South of Essex though...do not start thinking you are a popular or well supported club. Forever in our shadow. Scum.

Btw , what is the ground capacity ?
Although I guess there will be some lost to segregation ?

Back