• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

jaffa1

Manager
No 4 ;

Jack inflicted Payne
On the opposition front, Southend have a star on their hands in Jack Payne. Just turned 21 last month, the midfielder was the star of the show in the first half with an almost perfect midfield display. He was hard-working, skillful, showed terrific passing, scored a great goal and was a general nuisance for United in the opening 45 minutes. As the Blades upped their game after the break his influence dipped, but Payne showed throughout that if he maintains that kind of form then League One won't see him for too long.

The one about the new pitch is certainly very true, great condition and no signs of puddling despite the non stop rain.

The one about the new pitch is certainly very true, great condition and no signs of puddling despite the non stop rain.

When I was collecting the our tickets on Saturday I bumped into Brian Horton and he was very impressed with their pitch. said it will be the best they play on this season.

Bramall Lane has a Desso pitch. I hope we plan to have one at FF.

No business case for a Desso pitch or any kind of re-inforced pitch system if you are only playing football at the venue once every couple of weeks - Desso only makes sense at venues like the Keepmoat Stadium, Doncaster, where they play both codes of rugby, football (both senior and youth) and hold community events on the pitch.

No business case for a Desso pitch or any kind of re-inforced pitch system if you are only playing football at the venue once every couple of weeks - Desso only makes sense at venues like the Keepmoat Stadium, Doncaster, where they play both codes of rugby, football (both senior and youth) and hold community events on the pitch.

True, but I'd hope there'd be a case/plan for FF being used for more than just senior SUFC fixtures.

Isn't there also a business case for having a stronger and better pitch which doesn't cut up and allows the team to play better football? Might not be worth a huge amount of cash, but we want a good pitch, and a closed-bowl stadium may not be conducive to that.

Do you know if Desso pitches need a lot of maintenance or is it just an up-front cost?

True, but I'd hope there'd be a case/plan for FF being used for more than just senior SUFC fixtures.

Isn't there also a business case for having a stronger and better pitch which doesn't cut up and allows the team to play better football? Might not be worth a huge amount of cash, but we want a good pitch, and a closed-bowl stadium may not be conducive to that.

Do you know if Desso pitches need a lot of maintenance or is it just an up-front cost?

Desso pitches cost a fortune - only justifiable if your pitch hosts in excess of 50 games a season. Grass still needs to be cut like a regular pitch - the reinforcement element is just synthetic blades of grass injected into the turf next to the natural grass.

Back