• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I remember a few years ago, some racist moron was shouting obscenities to an opposing black player. The usual words beginning with c and n. Then a nano second later shouts out, "I f**king love you Grant, get stuck in lad" the sense of irony totally evaded him. To be fair he got booted out after.

First game under Sturrock against Stockport, a bloke in the west, who still moans at every game, usually directed at Timlin these days, shouted **** off McCormack, you are ****, why dont you **** off. He hadn't realised that, like most of the team during the summer, that he had already ****ed off.

Slightly off topic I remember as a kid having to get some school shoes - the only colour acceptable was labelled "N..... Brown".

This isn't exactly on topic, as it wasn't what was said but it was very funny:

DtS and I used to sit in the front row of the South Upper midway between the goal and the corner flag, Dave would give verbal's to opposing players and by their actions they could clearly hear. In the Cup replay against Torquay a few years ago Dave was giving a player called Ford a lot of grief. We were leading 1-0 but in the second half attacking the North Bank Torquay equalised. Ford instead of celebrating with his team mates ran the length of the field to abuse Dave grief.

It was very funny and well deserved of course.

I remember years ago on a very cold windy January night game with it persistently pouring down with rain, I was on the terraces in the West Stand (before seats) and the game was awful. Hardly a pass was made to another team mate all night, when suddenly we strung three or four passes together with one touch passing. Some wag shouted out "It's like being on a beach in Rio". It amused all around.

Not sure about the self congratulatory tales here!!! :nope:

This one wasn't at Roots Hall but at Boots and Laces during our JB's MTPD last month, one little 5 or 6 year old girl asked Ben Coker why he had girl's hair......he looked a little embarrassed!

First game under Sturrock against Stockport, a bloke in the west, who still moans at every game, usually directed at Timlin these days, shouted **** off McCormack, you are ****, why dont you **** off. He hadn't realised that, like most of the team during the summer, that he had already ****ed off.

Off topic, but would you have fancied that McCormack would go on to play regular championship football as a defender?

This isn't exactly on topic, as it wasn't what was said but it was very funny:

DtS and I used to sit in the front row of the South Upper midway between the goal and the corner flag, Dave would give verbal's to opposing players and by their actions they could clearly hear. In the Cup replay against Torquay a few years ago Dave was giving a player called Ford a lot of grief. We were leading 1-0 but in the second half attacking the North Bank Torquay equalised. Ford instead of celebrating with his team mates ran the length of the field to abuse Dave grief.

It was very funny and well deserved of course.

Can I just add we went on to beat them and the gobby ****** just sulked off the pitch with his shirt over his head.

Can I just add we went on to beat them and the gobby ****** just sulked off the pitch with his shirt over his head.

........and can I just add that after this incident Dave quietened down a great deal and was never the same again, he spends most of his evenings studying Philosophy these days and never makes a murmur at matches.

The 'sledging in cricket is far more funny...
Aussie Glen McGrath & Zimbawe batsman Eddo Brandes springs to mind;

McGrath: “Why are you so fat?”

Brandes “Because every time I f*** your wife, she gives me a biscuit.”

Off topic, but would you have fancied that McCormack would go on to play regular championship football as a defender?
No I wouldnt. He is back playing in his favoured position again now I think, but still first choice.

Always remember back in the 90's
Nick Summer been taking a corner!
Someone In the south upper shouts "your not as good as your dad!"
To which instantly came a shout of "your not even as good as my dad"

Always remember back in the 90's
Nick Summer been taking a corner!
Someone In the south upper shouts "your not as good as your dad!"
To which instantly came a shout of "your not even as good as my dad"

Sorry should have been Nick Summerbee

The most random abuse I ever heard was about ten or fifteen years ago in the South upper. The opposition keeper took a goal kick, took a large divot out of the ground with the kick, and then replaced it. Someone shouted "Keeper, You are a F*cking gardener". Never heard that one before or since!

Gordon Strachen was at the Hall, opposition manager for, I think Coventry, it was maybe in the league Cup, and they were really poor. The North Paddock next to the away dug out was telling him how ***** they were so Gordon came across sat on the wall and said "I know, bloody awful, do yer want te come and tell em fer me after the game", all with a smile. Top man that night.
Can anyone fill in my fading memory gaps please?

Gordon Strachen was at the Hall, opposition manager for, I think Coventry, it was maybe in the league Cup, and they were really poor. The North Paddock next to the away dug out was telling him how ***** they were so Gordon came across sat on the wall and said "I know, bloody awful, do yer want te come and tell em fer me after the game", all with a smile. Top man that night.
Can anyone fill in my fading memory gaps please?

I don't think they were that poor cos if it's the match I was at we lost 4-0.

Funniest comments: Jai, against Bournemouth in League 1 title winning season - "There's more chance of me going to the moon than us scoring a winner". Cue a Luke Guttridge screamer.

At Gresty Road, Sherif H: After a period of possession football - "This is like watching Liverpool in the 80s". Cue Simon Francis hoofing the ball over the stand!

I made quite a good one at Wembley. I'd say it was 115th minute, Pigott connected with a header and put it in the stand, which prompted me to shout out in my drunken state "**** off back to Charlton".

I don't think I speak alone when I say I'm glad he decided not to **** off back to Charlton at that moment.

I have heard lots of great comment and mostly they would end up as *****'s on here.
So I shall select one from myself.
Home to then non-league Yeovil Town, the FA Cup 2nd Round in 1982. I was in the huge old South Bank and there was the usual "banter" with the away support. I got chatting to a couple of Yeovil girls, one of whom claimed to be the goalkeeper's girlfriend. So, we get a corner. The South Bank is sparse and I shout "oiii keeper - how's your bird"?? with my arm around her and a proper lips on lips as he looks up.
We won 3-0. They never married.

1987. Gillingham away. I'm 18. At 6 or 7-0 down an old fella in front of me says "This is almost as bad as Brighton away 25 years ago. I went to that game". I remember thinking at the time "You sad git. you've been watching us lose by cricket scores for 25 years and you're still coming back for more"...

That would be me now....

Back