• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Well there are the costs of providing the phone line service, the unpredictable demand and the difficulty of just bringing in more call handlers during busy periods. Also the fact that if you leave people on the line for too long they'll hang up, and some won't buy tickets.

Bottom line - skint football club uses premium number to generate cash. Yes it's annoying and can get expensive at times, but what else is the club supposed to do?

You have missed my point,we rarely phone the club preferring to pay on the day instead.

I was answering others annoyance at being put on hold,so explained to those(if they didn't already know) it makes money for the club or whoever.

Mrs Blue , not contesting your point on this at all , but let me go off topic here.
Given that you have aired your distaste of Ron , Phil , the entertainment value , lack of goals , formation , food and probably other sundry points I've forgotten , I would honestly like to know what you do 'like' about supporting our club ?
We all have certain grievances from time to time , but you seem to get so little enjoyment out of being a fan that I do wonder why you bother - is it worth the pain ?

Mrs Blue , not contesting your point on this at all , but let me go off topic here.
Given that you have aired your distaste of Ron , Phil , the entertainment value , lack of goals , formation , food and probably other sundry points I've forgotten , I would honestly like to know what you do 'like' about supporting our club ?
We all have certain grievances from time to time , but you seem to get so little enjoyment out of being a fan that I do wonder why you bother - is it worth the pain ?

I would rather moan on here than slag the players or Phil on match day!

I don't buy the food from the kiosks.
I don't phone the club.

Imagine if everybody on here stated "Blackpool were poor yet we battered them playing sublime football and should have won 10 0" boring board it would be.

I would rather moan on here than slag the players or Phil on match day!

I don't buy the food from the kiosks.
I don't phone the club.

Imagine if everybody on here stated "Blackpool were poor yet we battered them playing sublime football and should have won 10 0" boring board it would be.

Exactly.
Still not sure what your enjoyment angle is though ? ��

Exactly.
Still not sure what your enjoyment angle is though ? ��

Every fan has their different slant
Some will never say nothing
Some will moan directly at the players and Phil
Some will happily buy the food
Some will happily wait on hold for tickets
Some will enjoy every game

In short everyone has their own choice,in fairness watching us is in the main is torture treatment yet we still return and do it all over again.

Ok why don't the club have an ordinary number then !

Throughout the season the ticket office takes 100,000 calls,if each call makes the club 10p then somebody trousers £10,000,now if they manage to keep punters on the line longer then even more dollar for the club.

Easy money !

I understand that, but most companies have a premium rate number to help with the costs of the phone system. While I assume it is true the club makes money from the wait times, it all comes down to the level of staffing. It is difficult to deal with a line out the door, an endless amount of phone calls and the day to day problems that occur when there are only two of you.

Well i've just dropped him an email to see if he can help after also emailing the ticket office direct. online system won't let me buy the ticket as it leaves an individual ticket next to it. after an hour on hold, 25 mins at number 1 i get send through to an answer machine and get cut off. all i want to do is buy a ticket and i've even emailed them the exact seat details I want. I'll hold my breath!

Well i've just dropped him an email to see if he can help after also emailing the ticket office direct. online system won't let me buy the ticket as it leaves an individual ticket next to it. after an hour on hold, 25 mins at number 1 i get send through to an answer machine and get cut off. all i want to do is buy a ticket and i've even emailed them the exact seat details I want. I'll hold my breath!

This has been going on for years. Each new guy that comes in says he will fix it. Absolute disgrace really.

This has been going on for years. Each new guy that comes in says he will fix it. Absolute disgrace really.

I know. the problem is i can't but it online because it won't let me and i can't get to the ticket office. chances are the that ticket will be gone by the time I get there saturday. i can't believe how difficult it is just to but a football ticket!

Your call cost around £2.40 from a landline and considerably more from a mob.

dont hold your breath. The graveyard is littered with shrimpers doing that trying to buy tickets...

I'm well aware Mrs Blue and I know, this isn't the first occasion. I just can't understand how a club can make it so difficult just to buy one ticket!

Put it this way,

If I owned a company which takes around 100,000 calls from customers and I know these customers will return no matter what.

I could
Standard phone line costing the customers virtually nothing
Instal a premium rate line but make sure every call is answered within 5 minutes or less
Instal a premium rate line and let the buggers hang on thus boosting the profit margin.

What would you choose for easy money?

Your call cost around £2.40 from a landline and considerably more from a mob.

dont hold your breath. The graveyard is littered with shrimpers doing that trying to buy tickets...

Put it this way,

If I owned a company which takes around 100,000 calls from customers and I know these customers will return no matter what.

I could
Standard phone line costing the customers virtually nothing
Instal a premium rate line but make sure every call is answered within 5 minutes or less
Instal a premium rate line and let the buggers hang on thus boosting the profit margin.

What would you choose for easy money?

I understand that however the point i'm trying to make is it's shocking and diabolical customer service. The seat i want I cannot buy online, know one answered my phone call, and since Danny emailed me back asking my phone number I haven't received a call back. Therefore I still have no ticket and nothing else I can do as I can't get to the shop.

any other suggestions will be much appreciated Mrs Blue?

I understand that however the point i'm trying to make is it's shocking and diabolical customer service. The seat i want I cannot buy online, know one answered my phone call, and since Danny emailed me back asking my phone number I haven't received a call back. Therefore I still have no ticket and nothing else I can do as I can't get to the shop.

any other suggestions will be much appreciated Mrs Blue?

Phone the club on their landline number and explain to them your situation.

Phone the club on their landline number and explain to them your situation.

done that. they can't connect me either. they've emailed the ticket office with my details too. should get a phone call back at around 5 this evening for a ticket I first tried to purchase at 10 am this morning. what a shower.........

Emailed Steve Kav in the end, had a phone call within 10 mins. a shame it had to be escalated so high though.

Back