• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 1-0 Blackpool

(Off topic,I know) but it sounds like you sit in East Reds (or possibly East Greens).[/QUOTE]

No way, I would never venture into such dangerous places. On most occasions its the directors box. If i'm in the blues lounge then its the East Blues. I've even sat in the East Blacks in the last year just to get a sense of how the mob are reacting:winking:

I think that Paul Clark is the best by a mile. And like you say, he comes out with some classic humour as well. Glen Pennyfather is also very good and knowledgeable about the game and what players should and shouldn't be doing. But I personally think that Adrian Clarke is terrible. He also keeps mentioning that he played for Arsenal.

I know what you mean , but on the other hand , I think I would mention it to.

As we are talking about BBC Essex, I really thought that after Saturdays game I had tuned into BBC Colchester they just talked about Colchester for most of the time and even had about 4 reports from Millwall after the game. That Ned Kelly bloke doesn't half prattle on a bit.

I cant imagine there were even that many Colchester fans still listening after a 4-1 defeat!

As we are talking about BBC Essex, I really thought that after Saturdays game I had tuned into BBC Colchester they just talked about Colchester for most of the time and even had about 4 reports from Millwall after the game. That Ned Kelly bloke doesn't half prattle on a bit.

I cant imagine there were even that many Colchester fans still listening after a 4-1 defeat!

Yeah, I think they both were actually.

(Off topic,I know) but it sounds like you sit in East Reds (or possibly East Greens).[/QUOTE]

No way, I would never venture into such dangerous places. On most occasions its the directors box. If i'm in the blues lounge then its the East Blues. I've even sat in the East Blacks in the last year just to get a sense of how the mob are reacting:winking:

Ha!A great mate of mine sits in the DB with his wife (and grandson these days-used to be his two daughters).

Wonder if you know him? (He's never invited me probably because he thinks I'm too gobby). :winking:

Is that the regular guy who reports on Colchester? God, he drives me mad! Sucks up to Humes like a lovesick teen, and just asks the same questions every week!

Is that the regular guy who reports on Colchester? God, he drives me mad! Sucks up to Humes like a lovesick teen, and just asks the same questions every week!

His day job is actually a Senior Tutor at the College. I actually think his questions are more incisive than "How did you see that game Phil" that our commentator asks each week..!

Back