• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Was in the West family bar with my son and his mate, bought them a Ribena each, went to get a second round and Ribena and fruit shoots had been taken off sale! Checked the dates on their old cartons of Ribena Feb 2015! Tut tut.

It will all be different when we get to Fossetts Farm. what could possibly go wrong? :'(

Was in the West family bar with my son and his mate, bought them a Ribena each, went to get a second round and Ribena and fruit shoots had been taken off sale! Checked the dates on their old cartons of Ribena Feb 2015! Tut tut.

That really is bad, 8/9 months out of date. Now back in the good old days, everything non alcoholic to drink at Roots Hall came in the thinnest possible tan plastic cup. The orange was basically nearly all water, with a hint of orange, yuk. The tea was horrendous with powdered milk, yuk. The hot chocolate was the best, but was not enough chocolate, and again, powdered milk. Hot Bovril was popular in those days. The worst was always to come tho as no health and safety in those days. So all hot drinks had no proper milk to cool them down, so you had basically boiling water in a very thin plastic cup. You always burnt your hand just holding it, if it spilt on you, you would get a proper water burn, and if you survived that, you would burn your tongue when tasting it.

That really is bad, 8/9 months out of date. Now back in the good old days, everything non alcoholic to drink at Roots Hall came in the thinnest possible tan plastic cup. The orange was basically nearly all water, with a hint of orange, yuk. The tea was horrendous with powdered milk, yuk. The hot chocolate was the best, but was not enough chocolate, and again, powdered milk. Hot Bovril was popular in those days. The worst was always to come tho as no health and safety in those days. So all hot drinks had no proper milk to cool them down, so you had basically boiling water in a very thin plastic cup. You always burnt your hand just holding it, if it spilt on you, you would get a proper water burn, and if you survived that, you would burn your tongue when tasting it.

In the good old days you could buy half pint bottles of Light Ale and Brown Ale from the North Bank snack bar .

To serve food to the public do they not have to have hygiene certificates from the Local Authority.
Personally, I would not now or ever have anything to eat or drink from those outlets at RH (apart from a wrapped chocolate bar - but seeing as I am on the 5:2 ATM I probably wouldn't anyway)
I stopped eating at the club t-bar about 3 years ago when I asked for a hotdog (before onions became the norm) and before she served me I asked the girl to wash her hands as she was handling money and then serving food afterwards. Hence she did not and hence I did not eat nor buy.
On another note the queue for the T-bar in the west sometimes completely blocks the walkway at the back

I'm not going to even try and defend that!

Why can't we have our own tea bars open in the south stand even if it's just hot drinks for cold days instead of trudging half a mile up and down the stairs to the bar st the back of the family stand to queue with their supporters? :angry:

Because they've been condemned by Health and Safety and it would cost too much to reopen them up to the required standard. Plus the way that stand was designed (awfully) with such a narrow concourse, the one at the back of the stand would cause congestion with queues, similar to what happens in the East Greens/Blacks.

The problem is of course that the club is living a day-to-day existance and simply can't afford to prioritise things like the catering outlets. Which is a shame as it costs them money in the long run.

The sooner we get to Fossetts Farm the better.

Too much hysteria or is it listeria about food dates. They are still finding tins of bully beef from the 1st WW trenches, all edible today, and we are making a fuss about a few days. Pathetic. As my old mum said, a little bit of dirt did nobody any harm. End of rant. COYBB

Too much hysteria or is it listeria about food dates. They are still finding tins of bully beef from the 1st WW trenches, all edible today, and we are making a fuss about a few days. Pathetic. As my old mum said, a little bit of dirt did nobody any harm. End of rant. COYBB

Defo not eating anything you cook or make:winking:

Because they've been condemned by Health and Safety and it would cost too much to reopen them up to the required standard.
Anyone else notice who were the sponsors of the match yesterday?! :winking:

Following on from 'Dannypav', I managed to get hold of a copy of Saturday's menu and it certainly shocked me :-

Pies/Savouries

Beef & Stale Pie £2.95
Steak & Kidney Stones Pasties £2.95
Chickenpox Nuggets £2.45
HepBurgers £3.50

Sides

Bunions £0.75
ColeSore £0.45

Cold Drinks

Strawberi and Raspberi Fruit £0.95
E-Cola £1.45

Hot Drinks

Typhoid Tea £1.00
Whooping Coffee £1.00

Sweets

Polios £0.79
Scurvy Wurlys £0.99
Wagon Weils £0.89

Couple of guys sat next to us recently consuming the ghastly smelly burgers,being fair the food looked as though it had been found in a ditch,they ate it in record time,one of these "gentlemen" burped in our general direction and the smell was staggering.

Back