• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The very post that started this thread for starters.

Yes it was, absolutely awful game to watch as a supporter of either side, mostly because of the weather, but a good and efficient performance and result for us, as I also said. I'd take a 1-0 win in those conditions anyday.

Stating the obvious isn't slagging off anyone,is it?

We have struggled for goals for nearly 3 year's and yesterday was just another day at the offices of Roots Hall stadium!

58 home league games under Sir Phil and the goals tally is still worrying.

0.....16 games we have failed to hit the net
1.....22 games just the one goal
2.....17 games a nice double
3......3 games we have scored a treble
4......dreaming
5......drug induced state
6......:hilarious:

I would worry about scoring 5, I think its 3 of the last 4 seasons in which we hit 5, we were relegated

Stating the obvious isn't slagging off anyone,is it?

We have struggled for goals for nearly 3 year's and yesterday was just another day at the offices of Roots Hall stadium!

but stating the obvious without the very context which rubbishes most of your arguments, certainly is.

Southend are in the best position in the league in almost 6 years... Keep complaining people.

Apart from when we were 7th a few weeks ago, lol!!!

I agree that we (nicked) got promoted and that we seem safe enough in mid table, but the style of football (despite being organised and neat) is boring to watch. Personally it makes attending matches (home and away) a chore at times, I wish it excited me more but sadly under Brown that's what you get.

Must be sad times for MrsBlue. Phil keeps succeeding with Southend, sending him home miserable. :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Usual debate with the usual suspects. May God forgive me but I believe mrsblue has raised a point of concern here. Whichever camp you are in, pro PB/anti-PB/indifferent, really has little to do with it. Simply it is a fact that we score very few goals relative to other sides that a) have just gained a promotion and b) wish to consolidate or better this season.

I agree the three points, the win and the clean sheet are important but it is equally important to be looking to the next game/win. Clean sheets have already proven to be elusive this season which means in order to win a point/points we have to be consistent scorers.

I was pleased we got the win yesterday and if anything I would point to the conditions as a major factor in the fare served up on the pitch.

I do not believe we are a negative side and I think we have individual and collective creativity. I believe in Pigott, Mooney and Hunt, we have three strikers capable of getting a good goal return. I would like a pacey addition but so would everyone else. I feel we are not playing to the strikers best attributes on many occasions and that the side lacks the benefit of genuine attack coaching ability.

I see no reason for wholesale changes in players or even manager at this moment in time but I do see a need for a different approach to how we set up for the final third and which personnel we put in which position up there.

A tweak is better than a knee jerk reaction but the point mrsblue makes about goals has the potential to be the biggest threat to any ambitions we have.

Must be sad times for MrsBlue. Phil keeps succeeding with Southend, sending him home miserable. :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Yeah great post WESTY and I'm so glad with posters like you then this forum will always be the greatest:hilarious:

Apart from when we were 7th a few weeks ago, lol!!!

I agree that we (nicked) got promoted and that we seem safe enough in mid table, but the style of football (despite being organised and neat) is boring to watch. Personally it makes attending matches (home and away) a chore at times, I wish it excited me more but sadly under Brown that's what you get.

Well, a draw last week and a win this week ........... my head says the 3 points were very important but I know which game my heart enjoyed more. :unsure:

I would love us to score more and be more entertaining , but in general , as long as we win , I am happy.
Maybe that is a negative viewpoint , but not as negative as starting yet another 'anti Brown' thread after a win.
We are new to this League with many still learning and growing.
We have a core of youngish players with talent who will improve and be better equipped to progress next season - this one is IMO about consolidation and not much more ( again maybe lacking ambition ? , but I prefer to see it as realism ).
A 30 goal striker would be great , but these are rare commodities in the lower leagues as those that do emerge soon move on.
It is the sort after commodity the world over , and Brown , like many , is making do within his resources.
A gamble on Hunt - maybe - and not looking a good one right now , but if he gets back soon , we will benefit as he is step above.
I actually think Wordsworth is also , but let's leave that for another day.
We all have our opinions , and happy to debate and disagree with anyone , but this thread is depressing and negative as it's just another attempt to chip away at the Manager.

58 home league games under Sir Phil and the goals tally is still worrying.

0.....16 games we have failed to hit the net
1.....22 games just the one goal
2.....17 games a nice double
3......3 games we have scored a treble
4......dreaming
5......drug induced state
6......:hilarious:

I randomly chose another club to compare,Carlisle were the pick,last 3 seasons they have been relegated,last season finished 20th and this season currently are 9th.Their last 58 home league games are

So Carlisle last 2 seasons have been relegated and nearly dropped into the conference,yet scored 16 more goals than we did!

Poo!

Back