• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Live about 15 miles from Oldham. It has been raining for the last 12 hours up here but only light rain. The wind has died down and it is a lot milder than yesterday. Can't see any problem with the game, good journey to those travelling up today.

I'm a Shrimper who was born up North. It always makes me smile how Southerners worry about the weather.

I'm a Shrimper who was born up North. It always makes me smile how Southerners worry about the weather.

I think it's more the long drive involved on a Tuesday night and when you get to Boundary Park its called off. I'm sure the Oldham fans would say the same if they had to come south.

Live about 15 miles from Oldham. It has been raining for the last 12 hours up here but only light rain. The wind has died down and it is a lot milder than yesterday. Can't see any problem with the game, good journey to those travelling up today.

Aha, perfect.

Could you nip down the ground and by about 100 x £5 tickets for everyone travelling up?

I'm sure there'll be a pint in it! :thumbsup:

We need fine weather so we can spend all our MONEY ( said in an East London plaster's accent)

lets be honest, in the main they are tougher blighter's up North ,trying to get around by husky and fish through ice holes, while I lay here with coconuts falling on my hammock, slurping cubra libre, the temperatures generally being twice as warm?

lets be honest, in the main they are tougher blighter's up North ,trying to get around by husky and fish through ice holes, while I lay here with coconuts falling on my hammock, slurping cubra libre, the temperatures generally being twice as warm?

I'd go and see a doctor about that if I were you !

Just finished long chat with latics fan near Oldham. Still raining but game not in doubt he reckons. Turning to showers later so pitch wil be fine. One change is that away fans now in the Chadderton Rd end and home fans in Rochdale Rd end this season.
And on the subject of £5 entry, tickest had to be purchased by 5pm last evening. No cheap pay on the night.
He reckons they will make a change upfront tonight and bring in Higson, a big fella on loan from Shef Wed, to play alongside the nippy Poleon. But with one home win in the league fans not confident. Away from home it is a different story. As others have said, does that sound familier?

Just finished long chat with latics fan near Oldham. Still raining but game not in doubt he reckons. Turning to showers later so pitch wil be fine. One change is that away fans now in the Chadderton Rd end and home fans in Rochdale Rd end this season.
And on the subject of £5 entry, tickest had to be purchased by 5pm last evening. No cheap pay on the night.
He reckons they will make a change upfront tonight and bring in Higson, a big fella on loan from Shef Wed, to play alongside the nippy Poleon. But with one home win in the league fans not confident. Away from home it is a different story. As others have said, does that sound familier?

Did you have an umbrella?

I live just south of Manchester and it's stopped raining and brightened up here. Don't think there's any chance of the game being in danger.

To last season maybe. We've done fine at home so far this season, granted there's not been too much excitement or many classic contests (Peterborough was good and Rochdale was entertaining but not for good reasons!) but we've picked up 5 wins and 1 draw out of 9 home league games which isn't terrible to be fair. Away performances seem to have been generally better though on the whole but we've picked up more points at home right?

As I grew up I remember my mum using a saying whenever someones trousers looked too short. "Aye up....'appen it's raining in Oldham!" Coming from Hull, she always said it in a broad Yorkshire accent. Funny how particular weather and certain towns are forever linked.

Back