• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Lager Bomb

I work for one of the brewereis you mention and i am in discussions with Danny although the tie with the National brewer is the problem. We would love to supply, and i am aware the money this would bring to the club.
Although as has been the case for i think twenty years. The club have a contarct that only one National chain can supply.

Lager Bomb

I work for one of the brewereis you mention and i am in discussions with Danny although the tie with the National brewer is the problem. We would love to supply, and i am aware the money this would bring to the club.
Although as has been the case for i think twenty years. The club have a contarct that only one National chain can supply.

That's a real shame as it would be nice to promote a local business as well as get a bit of variety on the taps! I hope you can make a breakthrough. I'd be much happier drinking a local brew!

I really appreciate cockle43 representing us here and the feedback from the meeting is encouraging in some respects. So, whilst it would be nice if the quality of the food improved, my world won't stop turning if it doesn't. I also understand that the club are not prepared to stump up on ground or car park improvements unless H&S becomes an issue. As for the beer, I can always drink in the Spread before or afterwards. What I would really like is toilets that don't give toilets a bad name. I hear the murmurings that the club will think hard on the Roots Hall bogs front, I hope we don't have to wait to much longer for that murmuring to turn into toilets that are clean, water that is hot when needed and flushes that work. These can't be hard things to do surely? I love the old girl that is Roots Hall, and I can argue on the 'its got character' front with opposition fans, but the toilets??? not good.

Lager Bomb

That's a real shame as it would be nice to promote a local business as well as get a bit of variety on the taps! I hope you can make a breakthrough. I'd be much happier drinking a local brew!

Recent tweet: "The guest beer in the Shrimpers Bar for the game vs Wigan tomorrow is Spitfire Gold ".

Hasn't taken Danny long to replicate his Essex CCC predilection for Shepherd Neame. :winking:

Recent tweet: "The guest beer in the Shrimpers Bar for the game vs Wigan tomorrow is Spitfire Gold ".

Hasn't taken Danny long to replicate his Essex CCC predilection for Shepherd Neame. :winking:

Next it will be moving us out of Southend:stunned::sad::'(

I have absolutely no problem with that! :cheers:

These issues illustrate the need for the club to move to a new stadium asap, a new 3 sided ground will be better than Roots Hall in the current condition it is in

Yep, trouble is even with the new developer on board, we probably still have another 4 seasons left at Roots Hall.
Mind you it will soon be December and that is I think when they told us the new planning permission would be submitted to the council.
I await the good news!

Loved that Queen Mother gafe-Elizabeth the first.Even got into Private Eye.:hilarious:

I've met him.He's a ****.
Ha ha, forgot about that one.
I don't know him, nor anything about why he was ousted, so I won't cast judgement. I know he's not liked by many on here though. But in all seriousness, I think the pre-match atmosphere has been a little flat ever since he went. At least the club are looking at ways to do something about it.

Good feedback - many thanks.
Just one thing - the Ladies toilets in the West, please, please can we have some running water to wash our hands after. At the moment all we have is a very slow trickle from the cold taps and it has been like this since the start of the season. Hot water would be good but I fear we may be pushing too hard for hot water taps.

Just one thing - the Ladies toilets in the West, please, please can we have some running water to wash our hands after. At the moment all we have is a very slow trickle from the cold taps and it has been like this since the start of the season. Hot water would be good but I fear we may be pushing too hard for hot water taps.

See, more feedback on the toilets, mine were not a flash in the pan. I rest my case.

Blimey, you're pushing the boat out. I'd settle for cold running water.

Blimey, you're pushing the boat out. I'd settle for cold running water.

Any running water would be good although yesterday I reckon there was more water in the floor tha what was coming from the taps. Surely, as they provide these facilities they have to provide water to wash your hands in.
Also yesterday a young girl was having to change her small child's nappy buy placing him on the cold tiled toilet floor as there were no baby changing facilities available.

Tinks, there is now hand sanitiser in those toilets. The problem is that there is a tank which holds the water supply to the toilets, once that is empty then that is it, both for hand washing and toilet flushing. We've suggested the hand sanitiser as a reasonable alternative, and one which has been taken up. These are definitely in place as I checked yesterday.

As for baby changing, I am not sure it's been provided for, but if it has, then I would have thought the family stand is the place to go. There may be something in the disabled toilet, I'll look into it and let you know.

Any running water would be good although yesterday I reckon there was more water in the floor tha what was coming from the taps. Surely, as they provide these facilities they have to provide water to wash your hands in.
Also yesterday a young girl was having to change her small child's nappy buy placing him on the cold tiled toilet floor as there were no baby changing facilities available.

I absolutely agree. The fans pay good money to watch a game, surely they deserve the minimum of cold running water, and hot water as well. Most of us want to wash our hands thoroughly after using the toilet, although some men don't(Disgusting). As for baby changing facilities, it doesn't happen in the lower leagues because of space, cost and demand. I personally can't believe people taking a baby or 1 or 2 year old to a football match.

Oh I never even saw them Kay tbh.
Water would be better as under Infection Control guidelines it states the best method of hand washing is soap and water.

Back