• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bentley
Thompson Bolger Barrett
White Atkinson Leonard Timlin Coker
Payne
Pigott

We are running out of wingers, yet have loads of centre backs...(obviously maverick and Brown will never play it, but I think that team would be good).

Bentley
Thompson Bolger Barrett
White Atkinson Leonard Timlin Coker
Payne
Pigott

We are running out of wingers, yet have loads of centre backs...(obviously maverick and Brown will never play it, but I think that team would be good).
You want to drop Hurst after he got 3 assists on Tuesday and is finally starting to look like the Hurst of a couple of years ago?

How close are our other midfielders to being back? I'm happy to start Tommo and Barrett and bring Bolger on if Revs is a real nuisance - I am sure Adam will literally "get to grips with" his old mate though!

Assuming Worrall doesn't play then just swap Tims in for him, and play either him or Will wide, probably Tims. Lenny and Will have been doing ok in the middle, and Hurst has definitely been improving so no changes there. Payne and Mooney will be on a high after Tuesday so no other changes than the forced one for Worrall for me.

Will be nice to see Revs back, I hope he gets a good reception as I think the majority of us consider he was treated badly by one director in particular, and which led to his leaving.

You want to drop Hurst after he got 3 assists on Tuesday and is finally starting to look like the Hurst of a couple of years ago?
He just won't fit into my 3-5-1-1 formation.

I was being a bit silly to be honest, and I'm sure Hurst will start and have no problem with that.

Well, that makes sense to me - removes any possibility of the player playing when he perhaps should not be playing.

Thanks. :thumbsup:

All be it not brilliantly drafted in terms of when it applies- all be it to a lay person.
It clearly applies to a concussion.
But not clear otherwise- for example Timlin clearly had a head injury and appeared to be knocked out briefly but was back for the next game- I assume because he was not concussed.
So I assume the issue is not whether Worrall had a head injury but whether he was concussed? If he was he can't play and completely clear. If he was knocked out but not concussed not sure where that sits? In any event the medical staff has stated he should not play and thats more than good enough for me- Ben Clarkson has proved himself to be very good at his job over a few years now.

Bents
White Thompson Barrett Coker
Timlin
Atkinson Lenny Hurst
Payne
Mooney

That team will do me! Agree that Bolger/Barrett are our best cb partnership but Thompson's earned his place with his recent form

Anyone know how many tickets have been sold for today's game? It'd be nice to see a crowd of 7,000 + today.
Looked on the online ticket sales and their will be over 7,000 no problems, could be around 7,500 if Wigan bring a few:thumbsup:

On the Wigan forum they are reckoning about 250.

They must bring more than that?
It's their first visit here for 17 years so probably a new ground for many of them.
They are doing well and they only have 3 long distance away games all season the other 20 games are all virtually local derbies!
They average over 8,000 at home they should bring 500 at least, you would have thought.

They must bring more than that?
It's their first visit here for 17 years so probably a new ground for many of them.
They are doing well and they only have 3 long distance away games all season the other 20 games are all virtually local derbies!
They average over 8,000 at home they should bring 500 at least, you would have thought.

You would have thought so, but not according to this :-

http://www.wigan.vitalfootball.co.u...view.asp?tid=29759&posts=7&mid=252582#M252582

Back