• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Massimo Giovanni

Old Timer⭐⭐
With the news that Wozza is "out" then the team that starts will have to be adapted.
I expect PB not to change the GK or defenders.
up front, no changes either.
If Westie, Mac or Tims recover they will go in the side; if not then Pig to start (Wozza's place).

With the news that Wozza is "out" then the team that starts will have to be adapted.
If Westie, Mac or Tims recover they will go in the side; if not then Pig to start (Wozza's place).

You are mrsblue and I claim...................Oh, never mind:smile:
Unchanged please, barring injuries.

Where did you hear about Worrall being out? I would imagine he's doubtful after the incident Tuesday night but I haven't seen anything that states he will certainly not play.
This is going to be a real test as it's only the second home game against a side in the present top six. The first was against Walsall and we know how that went. In defence of that result, we were still finding our feet in League One.....I imagine if we played then now, we would give them a rather better game.

BBC Essex tweeted something about 9 hours ago saying early team news Worral miss miss Wigan game as he's been told to rest.

If Timlin is back I would push lenny out to right mid and drop Timlin in CM. Hurst improving a bit it would seem.
Bentley
White Barrett bolger Coker
Lenny Timlin Atkinson Hurst
Payne
Mooney

I'm sure Thompson will play ahead of bolger, I still want barrett and Bolger back together though

Atkinson will go out wide with Lenny & Tims in the middle and Hurst on the other flank. Doesn't sound like Macca or Weston will be ready but Deegs could well be on the bench.

The rest will be unchanged unless PB feels Mooney needs a rest and starts with Pigott (suspect not).

I would like to see Bolger back in defence for this one. Revell will pose an aerial threat and we need extra height against Wigan.

If Timlin is back I would push lenny out to right mid and drop Timlin in CM. Hurst improving a bit it would seem.
Bentley
White Barrett bolger Coker
Lenny Timlin Atkinson Hurst
Payne
Mooney

I'm sure Thompson will play ahead of bolger, I still want barrett and Bolger back together though

Spot on and exactly what will happen.

Bentley
White Bolger Barrett Coker
Atkinson Leonard Timlin Hurst
Payne
Mooney

As has already been said I'd like to see Bolger come in to help cope with Revell's aerial presence

With over 7,000 in the ground for this it will be a great advantage for us I hope, be surprised if they bring anywhere near 1,000 fans with them.

According to Phil Browns Echo column he claims that Worrall wants to play and that there is half a chance he could do so.

Has it finally been stated that he is out?

The way I see it is that Worrall says he wants to play ........... but he has had concussion .......... so the decision is not his (Worrall's) to make - it is the decision of the club and that will (should?) be based on medical advice alone.

If the doctor says "no" then Worrall isn't going to play.

If the doctor says "yes" then Brown has the choice of including Worrall in the team/squad but I would expect Worrall to start if he is declared fit to play.

It may come down to an assessment on Saturday morning.

Hash tag: Keepingmyfingerscrossed

The way I see it is that Worrall says he wants to play ........... but he has had concussion .......... so the decision is not his (Worrall's) to make - it is the decision of the club and that will (should?) be based on medical advice alone.

If the doctor says "no" then Worrall isn't going to play.

If the doctor says "yes" then Brown has the choice of including Worrall in the team/squad but I would expect Worrall to start if he is declared fit to play.

It may come down to an assessment on Saturday morning.

Hash tag: Keepingmyfingerscrossed

Incorrect I'm afraid - he cannot play because he suffered a head injury on Tuesday. There is a mandatory period of 6 days rest declared by the FA - you can read all about it here http://www.thefa.com/my-football/head-injuries-in-football

David Worrall will definitely not be playing tomorrow - not down to his choice or Brown's - them's the rules!

Incorrect I'm afraid - he cannot play because he suffered a head injury on Tuesday. There is a mandatory period of 6 days rest declared by the FA - you can read all about it here http://www.thefa.com/my-football/head-injuries-in-football

David Worrall will definitely not be playing tomorrow - not down to his choice or Brown's - them's the rules!

Well, that makes sense to me - removes any possibility of the player playing when he perhaps should not be playing.

Thanks. :thumbsup:

Back