• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

So I was thinking- take the starting 11 today and then another 11 not starting...really brings home the strength in depth PB has built

Bentley
White Thompson Barrett Coker
Atkinson Lenny Timlin Hurst
Payne
Mooney

Smith T
O'Neil Rea/Bolger Prosser McLaughlin
Worrall Deegan Wordsworth Weston
Hunt Pigott

And not sure which of those two sides would win if they played each other!

So I was thinking- take the starting 11 today and then another 11 not starting...really brings home the strength in depth PB has built

Bentley
Payne
Mooney

Smith T
Hunt Pigott

Problem is, we all choose a different starting eleven. When did we last say "The team picks itself"?

Problem is, we all choose a different starting eleven. When did we last say "The team picks itself"?

Well I guess that's exactly the point when I say strength in depth- theirs no sense of first XI and reserves.
If all were fit today the team I am sure would be different but I am not necessarily more or less likely to get a result (perhaps with the exception of a fit Hunt)

Bentley
Payne
Mooney

Smith T
Hunt Pigott

It'd be 1-0! Not sure to which team though...

For me, the question is do we go like for like when relacing Worral, ie Mclaughlin or Weston or change the style slightly and put Atkinson wide and bring in Timlin? **
I would change as little as possible and bring in Mclaughlin.
**assuming these are fit

Bentley
Payne
Mooney

Smith T
Hunt Pigott

I am sure!Just leave out Prosser and team B would be stronger in just about every department,maybe not in goal yet.

Glen Rea will play where ?

I'm guessing central midfield with Atkinson out wide.

Hasn't filled me with confidence tbh. Atkinson goal this week aside rarely gets forward.

Glen Rea will play where ?

I'm guessing central midfield with Atkinson out wide.

Hasn't filled me with confidence tbh. Atkinson goal this week aside rarely gets forward.
rea to act as the defensive midfielder in front of the back four, to many defensive players as we are playing at home, we don't need a back 5 at home.

Back