• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What I said is that the police would be inundated if they arrested every c*ck who made a tool of themselves on a late night train.

Indeed they would, sadly. However if a strong line was taken more often it might (just might) make some people behave a little more respectfully. It is not unreasonable to expect to travel and not be subject to this sort of behaviour.

Forget the cost, which is another issue, but were there enough police on the beat, on trains etc, to stamp down on this sort of behaviour without being alerted to it first (based on there being no mention of anyone actually calling the police) I imagine that the vast majority would have little to do for most of the time.
Which would lead to the smallest misdemeanours being picked up, which whilst not being a bad thing, would have a vast number of people moaning about their parking ticket, litter fine etc etc and screaming about a police state.
Difficult call this...

Forget the cost, which is another issue, but were there enough police on the beat, on trains etc, to stamp down on this sort of behaviour without being alerted to it first (based on there being no mention of anyone actually calling the police) I imagine that the vast majority would have little to do for most of the time.
Which would lead to the smallest misdemeanours being picked up, which whilst not being a bad thing, would have a vast number of people moaning about their parking ticket, litter fine etc etc and screaming about a police state.
Difficult call this...

You have probably hit the nail on the head. If nobody reports this sort of incident to the Train Co or British Transport Police then nothing will get done to stop it. I doubt either organisation read SZ so how would they know? Suggesting (with extreme prejudice) that Mr obnoxious should stop is another way forward, but how many of us these days are prepared to do that? Sad to say, we have bought this sort of stuff on ourselves by apathy. The prospect of getting a kicking for your troubles tends to do that.

"The prospect of getting a kicking for your troubles tends to do that."

That sums it up. can you imagine saying to that idiot "Would you tone the language down please?" and getting a reply of..
"Yeah sure. Sorry all, I'll be quiet now, I didn't mean to offend!":sad:

"The prospect of getting a kicking for your troubles tends to do that."

That sums it up. can you imagine saying to that idiot "Would you tone the language down please?" and getting a reply of..
"Yeah sure. Sorry all, I'll be quiet now, I didn't mean to offend!":sad:

Surprisingly, and it always scares me rigid when she does it, Mrs RHB is incredibly good at sorting gobshites out like that. It probably comes from years of chastising our kids in that 'don't argue with me' voice. I tend to hide behind anything solid when she does it, in case she needs help. Sometimes they just don't know how to handle a woman.

FFS whatever next

man seen wearing SUFC shirt drops litter in high street on a weds evening - ban him for life, woman SUFC fan drunkenly signing loudly in pub after 5pm on a Monday evening but get the words wrong, record and send to police for a 3 yr ban from football and life time ban from all pubs in the country.

grow up

Not sure who you're saying needs to grow up, the one making an idiot of themselves on the train or the people daring to complain about it? I know which one I think needs to grow up..

The trouble is here is that it is seen as nothing out of the ordinary by some of us when it probably should be.

If I go into a pub near a football ground on match day then I would expect such behaviour likewise if I was on a bus or train on a matchday or in the local streets on a matchday, doesn't necessarily make it right but I would expect it. Now, should I expect that on a train, albeit late at night when the drunks are about, probably more at that time than during the day but, should I?

Now, Guybrush is a football supporter so should know what the form is and he felt uncomfortable with this, not only he felt uncomfortable with it but the mother and child felt uncomfortable enough to move carriages, not really helping the image of football 'fans' or SUFC fans in particular; all this in a week when it was revealed that there were 11 arrests at Glastonbury this year for every 1 for football related offences in the past year....

If this guy carries on in the same manner then sooner or later he is going to come up against one of the late night security patrols who are now riding the trains on the C2C, alternatively, he could come up against some equally inebriated Spammers who will take offence and act accordingly....

There is CCTV on the C2C so I would suggest that Guybrush contacts the British Transport Police if he feels that strongly. There is a case here that if the perpetrator caused 'harassment, alarm or distress' then he has commited an offence under Section 5 of the Public Order Act 1986 (as amended in 2012), this is an arrestable offence which, on conviction, could seen him recieve a fine in Court. If it could be further shown that the 'harassment, alarm or distress' was intentional, which it appears it later was after Guybrush's intervention, then this could fall under Section 4 of the same Act, again an arrestable offence but on being found guilty could result in a stiffer fine and/or up to six months imprisonment.

I would suggest that if it was that bad then Guybrush should follow the course of action above, if not then leave it to nature to sort him out, if he does the same again, and reacts in the same way to someone on their way home from a night at the York Hall then he'll probably find himself trying to sing through a straw..... :winking:

Every now and again you may come up against a very annoying drunk. They always say and sing stuff that they wouldn't if they were sober. It may be football stuff, it may be racial stuff, it may be personal attacks, or something else.
Rule No.1... Never argue with a drunk, you can't win. He will be right whatever he says, and you will be wrong, even tho you are right. Rule No.2...Move away from the drunk because of rule No.1. Arguing or telling him off, can escalate things.
Out of sight, out of earshot is the best policy. Moving to another carriage far away in this case. Then if he gets a pasting from another passenger, so be it.

I agree with Cockle, what a society we live in now if anyone can find any excuse for this type of behaviour, whether it was drunken or not. It does speak volumes for some of the morons on here who could accept that such behaviour is in someway ok. Thank goodness most on here see this boorish incident for what it was. Personally I would report it to BTP and hope they investigate. There shouldn't be any shortage of witnesses.

Every now and again you may come up against a very annoying drunk. They always say and sing stuff that they wouldn't if they were sober. It may be football stuff, it may be racial stuff, it may be personal attacks, or something else.
Rule No.1... Never argue with a drunk, you can't win. He will be right whatever he says, and you will be wrong, even tho you are right. Rule No.2...Move away from the drunk because of rule No.1. Arguing or telling him off, can escalate things.
Out of sight, out of earshot is the best policy. Moving to another carriage far away in this case. Then if he gets a pasting from another passenger, so be it.

Rule No 3 , punch him in the mouth and then step over him .

Although I totally agree that the person was a prat on the train but you just can't go around hitting them for being an embarrassment to the human race.
If you would had hit him and somebody had recorded it then you wouldn't of had a leg to stand on in court. What is the solution? More police and better CCTV with pictures of the idiots appearing in the local papers would be ideal but not affordable.

A simple picture does the trick. Social media. Name and shame. If the offender is clearly a SUFC fan (wearing colours) publish it on the official website or twitter feed. You're not welcome here.

A simple picture does the trick. Social media. Name and shame. If the offender is clearly a SUFC fan (wearing colours) publish it on the official website or twitter feed. You're not welcome here.

The drunk was on a train on a Friday night from Fenchurch Street. The poster only knew he was a Southend fan by some of the songs he was singing and the Col U. insult. So he obviously wasn't wearing Southend colours.

Surprisingly, and it always scares me rigid when she does it, Mrs RHB is incredibly good at sorting gobshites out like that. It probably comes from years of chastising our kids in that 'don't argue with me' voice. I tend to hide behind anything solid when she does it, in case she needs help. Sometimes they just don't know how to handle a woman.

Women are often used in confrontational situations because they do tend to be able to get in there and try and sort it out without being actually a physical threat to anyone. Men generally don't attack women. I don't know if they still do, but I know West Ham used to have some women stewards who went in first to sort out the more troublesome mouthy fans. It generally worked very well.

Women are often used in confrontational situations because they do tend to be able to get in there and try and sort it out without being actually a physical threat to anyone. Men generally don't attack women. I don't know if they still do, but I know West Ham used to have some women stewards who went in first to sort out the more troublesome mouthy fans. It generally worked very well.

So are you saying I could make lots of money from renting my missus out on crowd control?

Back