• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Lady Luck? Hmmmm. I think we had a slice of that the size of Canvey at Wembley. In truth the Wycombe lad only had to pass the ball a few feet down the line and out of play. 30 seconds to go with a throw deep in your own half against 11 men behind the ball? All over.

We have our fair share of luck. Every club does.

That's part of the game. The last second is as much part of the game as the first. The Wycombe goal was way higher in the luck scale. It wasn't even going in until it hit Bentleys back. How many times have you seen that happen for us? I'm sure there has been but I cant remember one.

That's part of the game. The last second is as much part of the game as the first. The Wycombe goal was way higher in the luck scale. It wasn't even going in until it hit Bentleys back. How many times have you seen that happen for us? I'm sure there has been but I cant remember one.

Plus the fact it wasn't even a fail in the first place. Perfectly good tackle by Timlin who clearly played the ball.

To be honest. I don't really recall a clear cut penalty claim at Wembley and have never heard anyone mention it since. Perhaps because we won anyway?

Maybe, but Joe Jacobson bundled BBBC to the floor. It was as blatant a penalty as you'll see.

Agree with all of the above, stonewall pen, not a free kick but of course justice was done! Which is why we are here now! :winking:

The Millwall boys at work are giving me a very wide berth today! :tease:

Just as a side note , Burys defeat last night means we are safe from relegation as they and the bottom 3 can't now catch us !

Just as a side note , Burys defeat last night means we are safe from relegation as they and the bottom 3 can't now catch us !

Port Vale have 8 games to go and sit on 42 points. 8 Wins would give them 66 points
Shrewsbury have 7 games to go and sit on 43 points. 7 wins would give them 64 points.

We have 63 points so no we are not yet safe

Port Vale have 8 games to go and sit on 42 points. 8 Wins would give them 66 points
Shrewsbury have 7 games to go and sit on 43 points. 7 wins would give them 64 points.

Top work 'undercover' except that Gillingham can only get 63 points and have a -30 goal difference on us.

Top work 'undercover' except that Gillingham can only get 63 points and have a -30 goal difference on us.

So in theory only there are still 4 (Oldham, Gillingham, Port Vale and Shrewsbury) sides who could overtake us, not that, that will happen. Hopefully come 6pm on Saturday we will be safe

Yep , but Bury and bottom 3 cant , so we are !

Of course, the 'Bury' factor! :thumbsup:

Staying up, Staying up!! :happy:

Hypothetical (or I sincerely hope it is hypothetical) but if us and Gillingham were to finish the season on 63 points there would be a fair chance the goal difference would swing back the other way. Both clubs would have to end the season on freakish runs and 2 or 3 heavy victories/defeats would leave us knocking on the door of that 30 goal swing...13 games remaining so the average margin of victory would only need to be 2.3.

Hypothetical (or I sincerely hope it is hypothetical) but if us and Gillingham were to finish the season on 63 points there would be a fair chance the goal difference would swing back the other way. Both clubs would have to end the season on freakish runs and 2 or 3 heavy victories/defeats would leave us knocking on the door of that 30 goal swing...13 games remaining so the average margin of victory would only need to be 2.3.

But still , Bury , Swindon , Chesterfield and Coventry can't catch us

Wise words 'Norwich' but let's factor in another thought.

To win all their games, Port Vale, Gillingham and Shrewsbury, would have to beat other sides who would then fall below the 63 points maximum, themselves, probably.

In fact, Northampton is the answer. Maximum they would get is 62 points, as they would lose to Gillingham and Shrewsbury.

Including Bury, above, we are guaranteed about 19th place already. :cool:

Back