• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sadly for Scunthorpe that "pulsating" game against Bradford was watched by only 5,247 - and I bet a good many of those will have been from Bradford.

Still, Burton are managing to keep out of the drop zone in the division above with (I think) similar crowds.

Sadly for Scunthorpe that "pulsating" game against Bradford was watched by only 5,247 - and I bet a good many of those will have been from Bradford.

Still, Burton are managing to keep out of the drop zone in the division above with (I think) similar crowds.

I just bewilders me how they have the money to sustain a promotion. How on earth Scunny could afford to turn down £4m for Van Veen is just crazy. Would Ron have turned down that amount for a similar player when in the top two like Scunny were?

I just bewilders me how they have the money to sustain a promotion. How on earth Scunny could afford to turn down £4m for Van Veen is just crazy. Would Ron have turned down that amount for a similar player when in the top two like Scunny were?

£4m for Van Veen? Who offered that and when?

Scunthorpe's confidence will have been done a world of good by that win. Don't forget that they were top of the table in February, so a good run is on the cards for them. Hopefully they can beat Bolton next Saturday - or draw.

Why would you want them to beat Bolton? Sheff Utd and Bolton will almost definitely finish top 2 barring a miracle. So we need Bolton to beat Scunthorpe who could deny us a play-off place. Even if Bolton blow it, it probably wont be us that catches them as we are 12 points behind with 7 games left.

Bloomin' 'eck. I'm not doing too well this afternoon - it must be because of that lost hour's sleep. I meant beat Millwall of course..........

Millwall losing is a far more important outcome than todays result. If we continue the way we are at the moment then Bradford and Scunnie are catchable in my opinion.

Indeed and we aren't going to win all seven games, so the other results are relevant, as well.

This week, Tues...it would be helpful (bloody marvellous), if Sheff Utd, win over Millwall, Oxford to draw with Bury, and Wombles to win v Rochdale........lots of crossed things :omg:

This week, Tues...it would be helpful (bloody marvellous), if Sheff Utd, win over Millwall, Oxford to draw with Bury, and Wombles to win v Rochdale........lots of crossed things :omg:

Maybe we could get our Col U visitors to SZ, CAP and NEWS, to cross their fingers as well, they've got more than us.

Maybe we could get our Col U visitors to SZ, CAP and NEWS, to cross their fingers as well, they've got more than us.

Scored 10 goals in 31 games in L1 and worth 4 million...What a joke. More of a joke is that Scunthorpe want 8 million

Surely this if fake news? Why would they turn 4 million down for him? Surely they'd snatch their arm off!?

Apart from the obvious one of Millwall , we could really do with Rochdale ( and Oxford ? ) getting beat tonight.
If either win , they aren't that far behind , and will have some belief and momentum , especially if we fail to beat Bolton , who seem well and truly out of their 'blip'

Back