• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

John Marquis scored 26 goals at League Two level.

Division One is obviously a higher level, so he's holding his own so far with 11 league goals & counting.

Tell me someone better then we should have brought in hindsight?..... (Considering our small budget?)

.....Well Simon Cox (16 goals last season) wasn't a bad purchase, was it?

Last pre - season, My money was on John Akinde, after scoring 31 goals in the 2014/15 season, then scoring 23 goals in the 2015/16 season, followed by 26 goals in the 2016/17. (80 goals in 3 seasons!!) I thought he would be prime for the taking, for a footballer that wanted to step up a level.......Yet only 4 goals so far this season?

Basically, SCP, needs to have a proper re-build at the end of the season, however until that time happens, we are stuck with what we have.

So in the mean time, let's all get behind our team.

UTS

:happy:

He was out quite a while with an injury, he's only played 14 games this season. Barnet fans are saying he's not as good as before the injury. If he could get back to his best I would love it if he signed for us.

I was rather hoping Wigan would score another 3 in the second half to put them on a worse goal difference than us.

That's a very hepful result for us. On to Rotherham at the Hall and Plymouth at the Hoe........

Looking at the top 10 teams, our home record against them is quite impressive really :-

Wigan - Won
Blackburn - Won
Scunthorpe - Won
Portsmouth - Won
Charlton - Won
Peterborough - Drew
Plymouth - Drew
Shrewsbury - Lost
Rotherham - Yet to Play
Bristol Rovers - Yet to Play

Ps, Don't look too closely at the away record, though! :blush::unsure:

Ps, Don't look too closely at the away record, though!
blush%20new%20sept%202010.gif
:unsure:

Well, of course I have to after you saying that:

Wigan - Lost
Blackburn - Yet to Play
Scunthorpe - Lost
Portsmouth - Lost
Charlton - Lost
Peterborough - Lost
Plymouth - Yet to Play
Shrewsbury - Lost
Rotherham - Lost
Bristol Rovers - Lost

Goals scored: 2 Goals conceded: 20

Doesn't look pretty, does it?

Well, of course I have to after you saying that:

Wigan - Lost
Blackburn - Yet to Play
Scunthorpe - Lost
Portsmouth - Lost
Charlton - Lost
Peterborough - Lost
Plymouth - Yet to Play
Shrewsbury - Lost
Rotherham - Lost
Bristol Rovers - Lost

Goals scored: 2 Goals conceded: 20

Doesn't look pretty, does it?

Although we did beat Peterborough right? :smile:

Also Gillingham v Mk Dons tonight, would be nice if the Gills picked up a few red cards in the game to help us out on Monday.

Mk Dons take a surprise lead at Gillingham.

Edit: I spoke to soon 1-1 now at Half time. Currently Gillingham leap frog us to 12th and we drop to 13th.

Well both teams anywhere near us lost, so all good so far !

Franchise won. On the plus side we re-gained our 12th place spot, and could move up to 11th if we get a result tomorrow and if Bristol Rovers get held to an unlikely draw with Bury, we would be up to 11th place....Well possibly 10th place if we win 4-0......OK....I really am dreaming now!!!

Can’t believe Bradford run of form, so like us under PB! Only focus is on us winning today & hope the side from 5th to 10th drop points!

Five games tonight affecting top and bottom, plus a relegation six pointer tomorrow night.

If Wimbledon and Oldham both win at home then Bury will be relegated!

Five games tonight affecting top and bottom, plus a relegation six pointer tomorrow night.

If Wimbledon and Oldham both win at home then Bury will be relegated!

What a nightmare season they have had. I think I would have Thompson back ......... and what about Danny Mayor? Only a sub on Saturday - perhaps he could be a creative midfielder for us?

It will be interesting to see how Rochdale get on against Wigan tonight - Rochdale are getting through 2 games a week every week.

And a tiring game for Oxford at home to Fleetwood would be nice! :smile:

Back