• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Thanks Jam Man.
However, that is virtually word for word the same rhetoric that the club has supplied continuously since 1985.
Just how many times have different versions of a plan been supplied and even passed?
No spade EVER goes anywhere near the proposed site of a new stadium.
More plans submitted...here we go - YET AGAIN.
Surely nobody believes it anymore?
100% agree. The council has passed suitable plans for a new stadium and associated development on FF and RH. The fact that nothing has been built is down to Ron constantly changing the goalposts as by the time he gets the planning the relevant parties aren't interested anymore or the project doesn't stack up financially. Probably the truth of the matter is that he needs 100% or near 100% financing of the project from someone else and this is making it very hard to get off the ground.

If you do not believe it then surely you must think the opposite is true? You must believe we are not going to build a new stadium and so no resolution is necessary and whatever RM or the council say will make no difference to your viewpoint.

Very true. Why would anyone start a protest to help speed up the building of a stadium that they are convinced will never happen.

I myself prefer to protest about the Atlantic tunnel to New York.

May I say that I am certainly more pro Ron Martin - than a "Martin Out" man.

However. Can we at SZ pass some kind of resolution stating that we as Southend United fans believe the ongoing talk, planning, arguing, pontificating etc, et, etc, over FF has to stop!!! I honestly believe it is time for the thousands of supporters to have a voice and demand a definitive answer to one simple question.

WILL SOUTHEND UNITED BUILD A NEW STADIUM AT FOSSETTS FARM? IF SO? WHEN???

Is time the people stood up loudly and shouted the question to Ron Martin, Southend United, Southend Borough Council, Rochford District Council, Developers and all other interested parties.

They ALL owe the people an answer.

Your question is impossible to answer. No one knows the answer, including British and and Ron . Yes they could be fouthcoming and explain in detail the project plan and timeline , but that doesn't mean that projct will follow that time line. there are too many moving parts, with various componetns outside of Ron's control.
I agree it would nice to be given a summarized plan with key events/milestones and reference made to what could cause a delay (ie plan assumes that plannign is granted by xxx, plan assumes that planning is not referred to Government etc etc). But frankly we ahve zero chance of getting this level of detail, and if giving out more detail puts the club in a worst off position it would be stupid for them to share this data

Update;
Southend United are due to move to their new home, Tricorn Stadium, amid fury that the site has stolen the name Never, never Land from a once popular attraction in the town.

Ron Martin, speaking to a new local paper called The Pipedream Press, has thanked the local council for its tireless support and vision in assisting with the delivery of the stadium.

Numerous signposts have been erected to enable supporters to find the tiny stadium, tucked away in the corner of a major development, that has led to some fans remarking that its 'harder to find than the exit in Ikea.'

British Land have vaunted the new development in many media reports and when asked about Southend United a spokesman said, 'Who?'

or

Update; We have to wait and see what will transpire and after thirty years we should be good at that.

Your question is impossible to answer. No one knows the answer, including British and and Ron . Yes they couldbe fouthcoming and explain in detail the project plan and timeline , but that doesn't mean that projct will follow that time line. there are too many moving parts, with various componetns outside of Ron's control.
I agree it would nice to be given a summarized plan with key events/milestones and reference made to what could cause a delay (ie plan assumes that plannign is granted by xxx, plan assumes that planning is not referred to Government etc etc). But frankly we ahve zero chance of getting this level of detail, and if giving out more detail puts the club in a worst off position it would be stupid for them to share this data

This is exactly what they did a few weeks back. If people can't be bothered to attend an open day where they could ask as many questions as they like. At least ask someone who did before starting yet another pointless thread.

I always absolutely dread threads of this sort as it always ends in tears when a poster reaches the 'I'm bursting with frustration' stage and demands action. Probably nobody disagrees with you sentiments Kevin, I certainly don't, but unless I've totally missed the point, then SZ collectively or individuals on behalf of SZ can do absolutely diddly to make Fossetts Farm happen or to be told when it will happen. All we can do is support the club through thin and thin and grab a few moments of joy every now and again. It isn't morally fair, it isn't a good way to treat supporters, but it is what it is. The best you can hope for on here is a sympathetic ear (mostly), so pull yourself together acccept that bad bollocks happens to us and dream of reaching Wembley again in the JPT for another moment of joy..

I always absolutely dread threads of this sort as it always ends in tears when a poster reaches the 'I'm bursting with frustration' stage and demands action. Probably nobody disagrees with you sentiments Kevin, I certainly don't, but unless I've totally missed the point, then SZ collectively or individuals on behalf of SZ can do absolutely diddly to make Fossetts Farm happen or to be told when it will happen. All we can do is support the club through thin and thin and grab a few moments of joy every now and again. It isn't morally fair, it isn't a good way to treat supporters, but it is what it is. The best you can hope for on here is a sympathetic ear (mostly), so pull yourself together acccept that bad bollocks happens to us and dream of reaching Wembley again in the JPT for another moment of joy..

Exactly,

We are just paying customers,Ron calls the tune and every fan has the option to attend games or not.

Just to point out the plans have not actually been submitted to the council yet. So we're still very much in the Ron dreamland phase.

So, we just sit here and wait for the day when the life of the club finally vanishes down the plug hole, without warning ?

So, we just sit here and wait for the day when the life of the club finally vanishes down the plug hole, without warning ?

We have come close to the plug hole many times but continue to avoid it one way or another. I personally don't think the club will go under whilst Ron is in charge as he needs to recoup money from the club, but realistically there is nothing I can do as an individual to change any of it. If it gets to the stage when bad stuff happens then I have faith that the Trust will be aware and on the case, and I would willingly get involved with anything they spearheaded if it would help. If you have any realistic suggestions on a way forward rather that the current one I would truly love to hear them.

Ron will build ff i have no doubt i was at rh in 1957 i am getting old so Ron please hurry up as i want to see it as we then go onto the Prem

We have come close to the plug hole many times but continue to avoid it one way or another. I personally don't think the club will go under whilst Ron is in charge as he needs to recoup money from the club, but realistically there is nothing I can do as an individual to change any of it. If it gets to the stage when bad stuff happens then I have faith that the Trust will be aware and on the case, and I would willingly get involved with anything they spearheaded if it would help. If you have any realistic suggestions on a way forward rather that the current one I would truly love to hear them.

We've come so close to the plug hole, I fear one day we're gonna just get dragged in by the current ! I can't guess whether the club will go under or not under RM. Who knows ? I doubt even he does. To be fair, he seems to have done his very best to move the club forward with the dream of a new stadium, but I feel the fans patience is running out (hence this thread from Kevin). We all know the various reasons why. Some you could possibly criticise RM for, and others are due to global circumstances. But as we have seen recently, other local business people are starting to doubt it will be achieved and are starting to jump in on the blindside. There are various ways forward for us as supporters and customers. None of which I would be prepared to discuss on an open forum like this, i'm afraid. I'll leave that for private discussions. It's very unfortunate, but in my opinion RM's time to deliver is up. The Trust worries me. It's motto is to Help not Hinder, and I commend them for that. However, the reason I am no longer a member is because they hold the key to direct contact with the club, but would rather help them than back it's members.

There are various ways forward for us as supporters and customers. None of which I would be prepared to discuss on an open forum like this, i'm afraid. I'll leave that for private discussions. It's very unfortunate, but in my opinion RM's time to deliver is up. The Trust worries me. It's motto is to Help not Hinder, and I commend them for that. However, the reason I am no longer a member is because they hold the key to direct contact with the club, but would rather help them than back it's members.

I think I understand your reluctance to expand your possible options, but this thread started life because Kevin was looking for support from SZ. My responses have been based around the fact that SZ is a public forum and the prospects of some sort of concerted action in the name of SZ were remote. Obviously, your view on the Supporters Trust is based on your past experiences and I'm not privy to them, nor should I be. Maybe that is another thread for another day.

Well i'm not really sure what keyboard warriors can do, other than have a good old moan. It's what we do best.

From the lack of interest in this thread all I can assume is the other supporters don't really give a damn about the future of the club. They don't want to get involved in the politics..they just want to support our heroes on matchday and that's it. Their choice, I suppose. I think i'll just have to accept the fact some people would rather others do the groundwork.

Anyway, i'm off to open the door of my Col U advent calender. It has a different manager behind each door ! :winking:

I think I understand your reluctance to expand your possible options, but this thread started life because Kevin was looking for support from SZ. My responses have been based around the fact that SZ is a public forum and the prospects of some sort of concerted action in the name of SZ were remote. Obviously, your view on the Supporters Trust is based on your past experiences and I'm not privy to them, nor should I be. Maybe that is another thread for another day.

For those who are unaware I have had numerous meetings with both Ron and various, past and present, CEOs. These meetings have been conducted over many years .

The majority of the meetings have been in relation of "fan engagement" issues and the Proposed stadium has been raised.

The over-whelming responses have been along the lines of anything that needs to be done will be if costs very little or is a H&S issue.

The stadium questions have always been the remit of the Chairman who has passed very limited info our way.

As much as ShrimperZone is the leading SUFC fans forum , and is monitored very regularly by the club, we unfortunately carry no weight when it comes to demanding answers.

This is exactly what they did a few weeks back. If people can't be bothered to attend an open day where they could ask as many questions as they like. At least ask someone who did before starting yet another pointless thread.
I didn't start the thread
they did not go into the level of detail I have mentioned

So your two points are both incorrect. If you are going to have a go get your facts right. If you are convinced I am wrong please feel free to quote the announcements

I didn't start the thread
they did not go into the level of detail I have mentioned

So your two points are both incorrect. If you are going to have a go get your facts right. If you are convinced I am wrong please feel free to quote the announcements

IT was not aimed at any one individual, including you. That's why I said 'if people'. Did you attend at the blues lounge?

Well i'm not really sure what keyboard warriors can do, other than have a good old moan. It's what we do best.

From the lack of interest in this thread all I can assume is the other supporters don't really give a damn about the future of the club. They don't want to get involved in the politics..they just want to support our heroes on matchday and that's it. Their choice, I suppose. I think i'll just have to accept the fact some people would rather others do the groundwork.

Anyway, i'm off to open the door of my Col U advent calender. It has a different manager behind each door ! :winking:

hardly. there's what 4,000 regular Southend fans, and only a small % on here at any one time. most of us have heard this all before. some of us have already challenged the club on numerous occasions and got nowhere. simply put, we cant demand answers. and haranguing ron when there's no saviour on the horizon is only going to hasten any demise.

like it or not, under ron we've been successful on the pitch. somehow we're still a going concern financially. if FF takes a few more years I can accept it. it would be nice to know the ins and outs but we have to accept that discussions are being done behind the scenes

one more thing re the trust - help not hinder, is right- help the club. were all southend fans who want to see the club succeed. you know what, if southend is still a club in the top 2 divisions when im in old age i think thats a success. and i couldnt care less if ron makes money out of it - hes taken the risk and the ire of many a fan (and manager, natch)

in summary, us fans are all different but we want the club to exist in the long term. how it gets there is another matter.

Back