• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

A good game tonight on the whole, and a good advert for the quality of league one football V the premiership (i know its the FA Cup, so anything can happen). I almost felt sorry for Posh losing on penalties after extra time (which most people do when they support an underdog).

To be fair, they did give a good account of themselves though tonight, and I was willing them to win purely on the basis that another cup win could give them the league distraction we need, considering they are only 1 place currently below us.... However.....

.....Then Barry Fry came on the old telly screen, invading my living room privacy by shouting and screaming like a Cockney Judas of which he truly is, and within a minute, I became a fully paid up member of "Brommy Crew"

I now hope that Posh go on a spectacular losing streak,...but not before they face Bradford (with their game in hand on us) on Saturday, or Millwall the week after of course !! :smile::smile:

Fa Cup Semi Final Draw is:

Crystal Palace V Watford
&
Everton V Man Utd or West Ham

Its good to see at least one of the minnows making it through to the final.

I think I would like to see an all London Final, So Crystal Palace V West Ham

As long as Man Utd don't win it, then we'll either have a new winner (Palace and Watford never having done better than runners-up) or a team who haven't won it in a very long time (21 or 36 years). I like that.

Disappointed with that 3rd round draw on the whole, sadly not one non-league minnow got the dream money spinning draw of Man Utd at old trafford etc.
Probably the closest of the picks is Plymouth or Newport getting drawn with Liverpool at Anfield.

Only other notable games for a 3rd round is the premiershi*te clashes of West Ham V Man City & Everton V Leicester. But TBH i'm not interested in any of them.

Just had an interview Dan Cowley on football focus prior Lincoln's trip to Ipswich in the 3rd round. After what he achieved at Concord and Braintree it would be good to see them progress. Once Phil has got has promoted and moved onto bigger things, I would love to see the Cowley brothers at Roots hall.

Just had an interview Dan Cowley on football focus prior Lincoln's trip to Ipswich in the 3rd round. After what he achieved at Concord and Braintree it would be good to see them progress. Once Phil has got has promoted and moved onto bigger things, I would love to see the Cowley brothers at Roots hall.

Unfortunately I think our only chance to have them as our managers have been and gone. They will go on to be top class managers being chased by bigger clubs than us.

5,000 supporters, Lincoln are taking there, today. :thumbsup:

Fourth round draw...

Spurs v Wycombe
Derby v Leicester
Oxford v Newcastle or Birmingham
AFC Wimbledon or Sutton Utd v Leeds
Plymouth or Liverpool v Wolves
Southampton or Norwich v Arsenal
Lincoln or Ipswich v Brighton
Chelsea v Brentford
Man Utd v Wigan
Millwall v Watford
Rochdale v Huddersfield
Burnley or Sunderland v Fleetwood or Bristol City
Blackburn v Barnsley or Blackpool
Fulham v Hull
Middlesbrough v Accrington
Crystal Palace or Bolton v Man City

Hoping for Bristol City to win the replay with Fleetwood, so we don't have a free weekend. Then again, it's always tough against a side who have scored in all but two of their matches this season...

Fourth round draw...

Spurs v Wycombe
Derby v Leicester
Oxford v Newcastle or Birmingham
AFC Wimbledon or Sutton Utd v Leeds
Plymouth or Liverpool v Wolves
Southampton or Norwich v Arsenal
Lincoln or Ipswich v Brighton
Chelsea v Brentford
Man Utd v Wigan
Millwall v Watford
Rochdale v Huddersfield
Burnley or Sunderland v Fleetwood or Bristol City
Blackburn v Barnsley or Blackpool
Fulham v Hull
Middlesbrough v Accrington
Crystal Palace or Bolton v Man City

Hoping for Bristol City to win the replay with Fleetwood, so we don't have a free weekend. Then again, it's always tough against a side who have scored in all but two of their matches this season...

Some really tasty ties there!

Sutton United and Lincoln City both in the 5th round, incredible !!

The quality of lower leagues has really improved in recent years, for some reason the championship and prem clubs don't seem to have realised this and still think they can play the reserves and coast through. Good luck to Lincoln and Sutton, it would be great if one of them made the quarters.

Back