• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bentley made a good point a couple of weeks ago. This isn't usually a "clean sheets" division, it has the highest average goals scored in all 4 professional English Leagues. He was never going to keep as many clean sheets as last season, plus the chopping and changing at CB due to injuries hasn't helped. His value has dropped - certainly - due to his contract expiry drawing closer but personally I think he's had a pretty good half-season.

he has had a pretty good half season... But for a keeper many tout as a future England keeper and someone who is going to make it to the top, pretty good isn't really cutting it. I'm happy with his performances, and I wouldn't want anyone else in between the sticks for us...

I say dans value has dropped a bit from the summer window.. His contract getting closer to ending and I agree he hadn't been what we're used to this season... I can only think Coventry being the only performance that matches what we say week in week out last season.. He still makes the instinctive world class saves every now and then... But hi little mistakes which went unpunished in the basement division, are being punished in this division and making them more noticeable then they would've been in past seasons.

He made 4 excellent stops against Millwall at The Den.

I've commented on previous other threads at the start of the season that he was not good enough to be a No.1 keeper at a top Championship side and my opinion hasn't changed.

I'm not saying he isn't a good keeper, he is, but he has a way to go yet.

I've actually think there are better keepers in League One than Bentley, but he's not far behind.

Yes, it does seem he is making mistakes more this season than last, but the opposition is better and also bear in mind most League Two teams came to Roots Hall and stuck 11 men behind the ball and would only attack once in a blue moon!!

He made 4 excellent stops against Millwall at The Den.

wasnt at that one so didn't see them. He probably has done it more then I've seen, I was just going on games I've been to, I'd still say it's below what we're used to from him. Although I think like I said above its more down to higher standards and mistakes being punished then dan making more mistakes

You haven't, it was meant to be light hearted. As for grudges, I don't hold them and I'm not making an exception for you.

Back