• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Probably no better than Phil Brown! People like Mourinho, Wenger, Van Ghall etc are overrated. They can sign and work with the best players in the world, almost anyone could succeed with those types of squad. The real success stories are Eddie Howe,and dozens of lower division managers who get teams promoted on a shoestring.

they've got some Russian cash though. Leicester on the other hand are an amazing story

Mourinho is a chancer. He won the CL at Porto with an easy run to the final where they beat Monaco. The equaliser at Old Trafford that put them through was never a FK and United also had a goal disallowed earlier in the game which was perfectly OK. Porto play in a one team league so CL was surprising but doable.

When he won the CL with Inter, the Icelandic volcano meant that the Barcelona team had an 18hr coach journey to get to Milan. They then lost the away leg in Barcelona. Meanwhile, AC Milan were given a points deduction and Juventus were relegated to Serie B because of the match fixing scandal from prior years. He had no domestic challenge and could concentrate everything on European compeition.

He'll go to PSG where his working conditions will be exactly the same. I'd love to see him at Southend because at least then he'd be exposed for the fraud that he is.

I bet you could come up with excuses for every win he ever had.

There's definitely only one fraud on this one.

Mourinho is a chancer. He won the CL at Porto with an easy run to the final where they beat Monaco. The equaliser at Old Trafford that put them through was never a FK and United also had a goal disallowed earlier in the game which was perfectly OK. Porto play in a one team league so CL was surprising but doable.

When he won the CL with Inter, the Icelandic volcano meant that the Barcelona team had an 18hr coach journey to get to Milan. They then lost the away leg in Barcelona. Meanwhile, AC Milan were given a points deduction and Juventus were relegated to Serie B because of the match fixing scandal from prior years. He had no domestic challenge and could concentrate everything on European compeition.

He'll go to PSG where his working conditions will be exactly the same. I'd love to see him at Southend because at least then he'd be exposed for the fraud that he is.
Plausible to start with but for some reason you have left out his achievements with Chelsea, in the toughest league going.

So to flip this over - How would you think our very own Phil Brown would do at Chelsea??
After our win tonight against the high flying Bury, Brown would take Chelsea to heights unknown. He would tighten the defence and get them all scoring as Southend do.:happy:

All of the above posts have some valid points , yes he had a bit of luck on the way to some victories but it's like listening to giggs and Neville talking about all the lates goals that Man U used to score , it's because they had the belief to keep pushing forward and getting the ball into the box right until the final whistle.
JM is a character and the PL will be a poorer place without him but it must be a littlr reassuring to the likes of Phil Brown etc that any manager no matter how good they have been and think they are can go through tough times and be sacked . Possibly the worst thing u can do as a manager is lose the dressing room and Mourinho done that , I make him right though that a few of his players let him down , Hazard being the biggest culprit

All of the above posts have some valid points , yes he had a bit of luck on the way to some victories but it's like listening to giggs and Neville talking about all the lates goals that Man U used to score , it's because they had the belief to keep pushing forward and getting the ball into the box right until the final whistle.
JM is a character and the PL will be a poorer place without him but it must be a littlr reassuring to the likes of Phil Brown etc that any manager no matter how good they have been and think they are can go through tough times and be sacked . Possibly the worst thing u can do as a manager is lose the dressing room and Mourinho done that , I make him right though that a few of his players let him down , Hazard being the biggest culprit

Hazard and Costa to name just 2!

Jose only 7 months ago won the league,brutal but 40 mill may ease the pain,

Possibly the worst thing u can do as a manager is lose the dressing room and Mourinho done that , I make him right though that a few of his players let him down , Hazard being the biggest culprit

Hazard, Ivanovic, Oscar, Fabregas, Matic - all shadows of the players they've been in previous seasons. Although I felt it has been coming for some time, I do think some of the players should be taking some of the blame.

Hazard and Costa to name just 2!

Jose only 7 months ago won the league,brutal but 40 mill may ease the pain,

Isn't he supposed to have turned this down? Actually I don't think Costa is as guilty as you do, certainly not one of the worst culprits.

Rumour has it he's offered himself to Manchester United, which reportedly was his plan after leaving Real Madrid and was in tears when he found out they'd appointed Moyes. If he gets that job it'll be a joke, his first season at Chelsea he came 3rd in the weakest Premier League in years, his second season was good, but this season has been a disaster. One league title and nothing in Europe in three years at Real Madrid when they were spending big money on the likes of Coentrao under his guidance was shocking. His season at Inter, where he got lucky as LagerBomb points out, is his last real success. With the likes of Guardiola, Ancelotti, Simeone all reportedly up for a new challenge he wouldn't even be in my top 3 targets for a big club.

Mourinho is far better than the three you mentioned. None have his CV and none would fit this United side at this time like he would.

I do like Ancelotti, to be fair. But he's an organiser. A facilitator. He's not a builder of a side which is what United need.

Mourinho at Southend? Did this come out of a Christmas Cracker? I wouldn't want him here at any price. He wouldn't have a clue at this level and without unlimited resources that he had at Chelsea.

Besides all that he is one of the most arrogant managers ever.

I reckon Giggs will get the gig until the end of the season,maybe even overseen by Fergie ?

United are in disarray with the highest pass ratio per shot in the league,too slow and keep the ball mentality doesn't work.

Mourinho at Southend? Did this come out of a Christmas Cracker? I wouldn't want him here at any price. He wouldn't have a clue at this level and without unlimited resources that he had at Chelsea.

Besides all that he is one of the most arrogant managers ever.
Highly successful though:smile:

Back