• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Essex 2017 (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guildford isn't good news. Much more of a pain to get to than the Oval and not as picturesque as Whitgift School.

Hadn't spotted Yorkshire was at Scarborough. When's that

Lovely ground, Guildford.

On close inspection, there's no match at Colchester next summer. :sad:

I live in London so the Middlesex and Surrey games are a lot easier for me to get to. I'm glad they're on Friday but it's only first class so it doesn't matter that the sun won't be out

Lovely ground, Guildford.

On close inspection, there's no match at Colchester next summer. :sad:

So that's the final festival week gone then. Essex kept that one quiet...... shame:angry:

Just looking at the fixtures.

All starts next Sunday.

I've penned in the Hampshire and Surrey Championship games in May (especially the Friday).

Shame we are playing at Lords so early in the season! :thumbdown:

All starts next Sunday.

I've penned in the Hampshire and Surrey Championship games in May (especially the Friday).

I'm torn on that. I get to go, and be inside (in the Long Room no less) while it's bloody freezing, but I miss the Saturday and Sunday coz I'm at Astro camp
*woe is indeed me*

That's a right dilemma. I will go to Lords, but not if it's freezing.

I likes the Guildford and Scarborough fixtures :thumbsup:

All starts next Sunday.

One of my suppliers has a corporate box for the Friday T20 game v Surrey. With free beer (but only if im not driving...)

Last edited:
That's a right dilemma. I will go to Lords, but not if it's freezing.

I likes the Guildford and Scarborough fixtures :thumbsup:

I've said to the Mrs that we go Scarborough for the festival up there as apparently its great.
She is happy to go Scarborough, but not for us to go all that way to go cricket for a few days and leave her on her own. anyone got any tips on my dilemma?
Mods, can we rename the thread just Essex Cricket or merge some comments in to a new one as the season is starting just about now.
ta

All starts today.

Looks like Wagner and Harmer will both be playing.

Lancashire won the toss and elected to bat.

No Foster for Essex (the end of an era???), so Wheater keeps.

Team is Browne, Chopra, Westley, Lawrence, Bopara, Wheater, RtD, Harmer, Wagner, Beard, Porter.

Looks a strong batting line-up even without Cook.....

Lancs 10/1. Davies out, Wheater with the catch off Porter's bowling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back