• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Essex 2017 (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.
151 all out............that's a big blow. It was??? 1) the pitch, worn on the fourth day? 2) Atmospherics, we were caught rather like Gloucestershire at the start of their first innings, with the ball moving around? 3) We just didn't bat well enough?

i didn't bother with the limited overs rubbish but that meltdown in the proper cricket was shocking. we could of done with winning that and should of.
sounded like we batted really poorly when we needed that win.
that got me in a proper grump in fact

Thinking of going Lords thurs for Middlesex Essex crucial T20 game - I'm guessing tickets will be freely available so just wondering best place to sit!

Kev

Thinking of going Lords thurs for Middlesex Essex crucial T20 game - I'm guessing tickets will be freely available so just wondering best place to sit!

Kev

Ah, good shout. I should sort out tickets.

I'm going to probably be heading for the Edrich Upper as I reckon that's the best view, but if you're more concerned by proximity to the bar I think the grandstand would probably be better.

Ah, good shout. I should sort out tickets.

I'm going to probably be heading for the Edrich Upper as I reckon that's the best view, but if you're more concerned by proximity to the bar I think the grandstand would probably be better.

I got an email from Lord's earlier today saying the last few £20 tickets are still available. I assume there will still be plenty and that they are just doing a bit of a marketing sell there, but probably best to buy in advance anyway.

Would love to go (Compoton Upper is always my stand of choice) but am on holiday from Thursday...

Good win tonight against a Glamorgan team in good form.

Well played Fozzie at the death in particular.

Great ending to the game, do feel Ravi has lost some of his sparkle in the games I have seen this year

Have to admit great to go to a game and sit have great banter with away fans, whilst enjoying a drink
26,000 at the game and few shrimper shirts though more West Ham :sad:

Great ending to the game, do feel Ravi has lost some of his sparkle in the games I have seen this year

Being run out was very Ravi.

I thought he captained pretty well. Certainly better than Malan who held Finn back too long so that the game was over by the time he was recalled.

Being run out was very Ravi.

I thought he captained pretty well. Certainly better than Malan who held Finn back too long so that the game was over by the time he was recalled.

In fairness I may be the person to blame re Ravi every time I go for a quick loo break he gets out, happened twice now, may hold it in tonight !!

Totally agree re Finn, but again why was RTD not given the last over which was expensive ?
Easy for me to say as a fan, but said to my son either the field placing was exceptional or Middlesex didn't seem up for the fight whilst batting, again could be the fielding was exceptional and well placed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back