• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Essex 2017 (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.
33-5 has anyone won division 2 and then division 1 in consecutive seasons ?

I think Notts did.

This afternoon shows how remarkable that start was.

Shame Cooky dropped Sanga on 49. It was apparently a tough chance but you don't want to be giving an all-time great like Sangakkara lives. Five consecutive championship hundreds now for him:Worthy:

You should make every effort to get along to the Oval some time this summer (Or Guildford for the return match) to see him for one last time. 9000 test runs at 67 without the gloves:Worthy::Worthy:

Sangakkara hasn't got into double figures on the past 4 occasions I've seen him live. Be nice for that to change this summer.

Yep, remarkable record this season. Over 1000 runs in all competitions.As well as five consecutive centuries in FCC, It's also his fourth consecutive 100, including a List A 100 last week, as well!

I'm hoping to get to Guildford for Sunday's play, there.

Sangakkara hasn't got into double figures on the past 4 occasions I've seen him live. Be nice for that to change this summer.

He's got golden ducks in the last two tests I've seen him in!

I was however fortunate enough to see him at his very peak at Kandy in 2007. He was averaging 150 in the previous 18 months in test cricket just off the back of a 192 in a 4th innings run chase in Australia (Rudi Koertzen sawn him off when he was threatening to chase down 500); 156* out of 268 and 100* out of 170 against Shane Bond in a low scoring series; back-to-back double hundreds against the Bangles and 278 against Steyn and Ntini.

Hoggy had Sri Lanka in a similar situation today at about 5-40 but Sangakkara made a brilliant 92 which was about half of their first inning runs. Then in their second innings he wiped away our lead and put Sri Lanka into a winning position with a 150 to take the game away from us. It was the only result in the series and entirely down to him (well Ian Bell throwing away his wicket didn't help). Absolutely brilliant. What a player:Worthy::Worthy::Worthy:

Trying to shift some (3) tickets for the South Africa v Sri Lanka game. £40 each (Face value). Anyone want them?

Don't know how urgent you need to know, so hope I'm not treading on 'Shrimper's' toes, but it's Saturday 3rd June at The Oval (10:30am start).

It certainly wasn't a compelling days play yesterday. Before lunch batting looked easy for Cooky and Browne, notching up nearly 60 in about 10 overs! Once Cook went, Browne really struggled to get it off the square, and I'm pretty sure he went about 30 balls without scoring! Lawrence actually played a few shots and looked to get the RR up a bit but despite some nice shots from Ravi, we were restricted by a steady Surrey bowling attack, certainly nothing special though, that's for sure! The Currans and Rampual restricted us but IMO we should have really gone after the debut spinner. Meaker barely got a look in and spent half his time falling over. We need to bat for as long as possible, say till 5pm and get a 100 odd lead and take some early doors, otherwise this is heading for a bore draw!

Against the team second in the league , I would settle for a bore draw

We could not have imagined being top and in a home semi final come end of May
Personally thought yesterday was how a four day game should be played, too many people want 400 runs on the board or two innings in a day and forget it's a four day game. Plenty of life left in this game

UTE

Essex v Surrey

Surrey First innings 369 all out
Essex First innings 383 all out

Tea - Essex lead Surrey by 14 runs

When is this mate, my Chairman is SA and if in country maybe interested
where abouts are the seats and which venue?

Sent you a message.

Okay day for us. Aim to get Surrey under a 275 lead if possible. Likely draw though

Think we'll need to get the last three wickets in the next 5 overs, otherwise it's a risky run-chase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back