• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Essex 2017 (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not going at all well today, with Lawrence going for 5, Wheater for 7, and Harmer for 3.

From 243-2 at the start of play this morning, we are currently 343-8. :'(

Last edited:
Hampshire currently 28-5 with extras as the highest scorer.

In fact all 5 wickets came for 0 runs with them stuck on 18 at the time.

And the good bowling continues, with Hampshire now at 40-4 :happy:

Last edited:
Hampshire 148 all out.
So it's all done and dusted with about a day and a half to spare, winning by an innings and 97 runs. :happy:

& of course... top of the Division One Table (for now!) :happy:

Be interesting once Cook, is in England set up, who will step into his shoes

Fantastic start to the season, and Surrey this Friday, will be going Saturday, weather permitting :smile:

Absolutely great stuff and we're top of the table (at least for now).

The dark days of Grayson seem a long, long time ago.

Chopra.

Yep. I though Silverwood would just be a continuation of Grayson too, how wrong I was!

Not sure Chopra will step up, hope I'm wrong again

Yep. I though Silverwood would just be a continuation of Grayson too, how wrong I was!

Not sure Chopra will step up, hope I'm wrong again

Yeah, I too was also concerned that Essex hadn't properly interviewed but Silverwood has done an excellent job and has been the change we so desperately needed.

Chopra will step up from the 2nds, I'm not expecting him to score the same amount but I'm expecting more from Browne, Wheater, RtD and a now seemingly back in form Ravi which can hopefully make up for it.

Credit also to Ronnie Irani.

There were guffaws from some quarters* when he was made Chairman but he's made the changes that were needed.

From July 2015

*Talksport listeners mainly, but I had my doubts too

After all the other matches have finished......We were the only team to win!, all other matches were drawn, meaning we are still sitting pretty at the top of the table! :clap:

Surrey are just a single point behind us, making Fridays match against them even more a tasty affair! :smile:

Really looking forward to this one! :happy:

Superb start to the season.

Only one defeat and that was by a solitary run!

Be interesting once Cook, is in England set up, who will step into his shoes

Fantastic start to the season, and Surrey this Friday, will be going Saturday, weather permitting :smile:

Good shout! 13 quid as well which you can't grumble at. What's the rules on what you can / can't take in food and drink wise?!

Good shout! 13 quid as well which you can't grumble at. What's the rules on what you can / can't take in food and drink wise?!

Food is fine, not sure about drink, as a non drinker, think beer is £ 4.50 a pint, you pay a pound for a plastic cup if I recall but has a pretty picture of the players

UTE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back